Notices

do i have to repaint

Old 09-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: do i have to repaint

could it get this boat whiter its a 1987 this picture is after a good compound.
PS sorry Donz for the highjacking
Attached Thumbnails do i have to repaint-searay1-015.jpg  
Old 09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to Grafix Works in Ft Lauderdale. They are next to Intense Marine.. They did an awesome job on my boat.. They specialize in cigs. Talk to the owner Harold. Great work...

http://www.grafikworx.com/

He might be able to sand it off and maybe you will want to throw a couple of clears on top of it. I don't know but this guy will. Top knotch work.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks everyone this is all really appreciated OPEN72 yes i can feel a thick edge on the graphics. the main color of the boat is great, ya can even shave from it. but if your referring as feeling the edge as in ya can tell the difference between the main color of the hull and the graphics yes ya can. so i'm guessing ya can remove the graphics by sand off .i think my old man wants to have the boat all white and then put some vinyl scheme on it.

donz jr mike
Old 09-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

if you feel a thick edge then the hullsides and deck are not cleared. that saves a bunch of work. the graphics can be sanded off. i would use a 80 grit to knock of the bulk and then 180. there is a great product called dura-tec. it's a vinylester product that is activated with mek. properly clean with acetone and apply. after it cures block with a 320 grit and then you are ready for new paint. dura-tec works great . need any other info or ???'s just
pm me.

http://www.atlcomposites.com/product...dsurfacing.htm

Last edited by open87; 09-30-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That boat is PROBABLY NOT GEL COATED!!! It is more then likely painted. You will likely have to sand and respray it. Take it to a good paint guy to find out for sure.

Jon
Old 10-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered

If the white is Gel than you can use a product called Klen strip fiberglass safe and a razor blade to remove the graphics but be very careful, then you can wet sand and buff.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
thanks everyone this is all really appreciated OPEN72 yes i can feel a thick edge on the graphics. the main color of the boat is great, ya can even shave from it. but if your referring as feeling the edge as in ya can tell the difference between the main color of the hull and the graphics yes ya can. so i'm guessing ya can remove the graphics by sand off .i think my old man wants to have the boat all white and then put some vinyl scheme on it.

donz jr mike
Not a bad idea. I had mine painted and the graphics look great but you can't really change them without spending a ton of money.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank,

Call these guys, http://www.enviro-strip.com/ they are at Jackson Marine Center in Lauderdale, on the New River, right off I-95. They can take a look at it, and tell you if it can be done. I used to store a boat with them, and they are great people to deal with.

Rick
Old 10-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys thanks let's what my old man says/ and thinks cause i know he wants to do it soon or later but once again thanks for all the 411 yall great

donz jr mike
Old 10-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

If your going to re-do it in some way, go to grafikworx. He is used to paint all the Lip-Ship Boats.

LS JR.

Quick Reply: do i have to repaint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.