Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out center cushion!!!! >

Check out center cushion!!!!

Notices

Check out center cushion!!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Check out center cushion!!!!

I just put the wood over the cushions and lay underneath trace it with a pencil. Cut the wood on the out side of the line. Mine fit really good that way, yours has a curve in the sonic but same concept.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Sonic does is They make cross bars out of stainless tubing and hang it at the ends with the same hardware used on bimini tops. Then you just slide a piece of plywood out from under the V birth. 3 Cushions store in the closet next to the head. I was going to have him do one for my 42, but we never sleep in the boat. You could build the thing in a weekend for less than $200.00 plus cushions. best part is when your not using it you can't see the hardware because of the way Sonic shapes the couches. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:51 AM
BandF

The pull out on a 31 Sonic looks great, but problem with the Sonic pull out is the bench cushions slant towards the outside of the boat, so the only leval spot is the very center of the pull out. We are trying to fiqure out a way to leval the bench cushions so they are even with the pull out section without making them to bulky and difficult to lift up to get to the storage compartments.

PS, When you call Sonic ask for Bruce, he is pretty good about calling back within a day or two.