Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Earnhardt Jr Penalty 4 Cursing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88162-earnhardt-jr-penalty-4-cursing.html)

kitten 10-05-2004 06:30 PM

Re: Earnhardt Jr Penalty 4 Cursing

Originally Posted by SNGLSTACK
good thing offshore doesnt penalize for cursing

Just try it!! :eek:

CAP071 10-05-2004 06:36 PM

Good thing they don't have live microphones in every football players helmets :rolleyes: :D :eek:

eyezlee 10-05-2004 07:09 PM

what jr. said was in the "heat" of the moment. me, my wife and 12 yo daughter, all laughed out loud because we understood exactly what had just happened. the man drove his ass off for 3 hours and just won a very important race, he was excited...

now if that gets him a fine, then so be it. but nascar needs to have a more consistent set of rules when it comes to penalties, seems like they just make up fines as they go.

CAP071 10-05-2004 08:08 PM

This is just another example of today's (selective) censorship :rolleyes:

AIRTIME 10-05-2004 09:22 PM

:hothead: THAT S$CKS BIG TIME I WAS SO HAPPY FOR HIM WITH THE WIN

clearcut3 10-05-2004 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by eyezlee
what jr. said was in the "heat" of the moment. me, my wife and 12 yo daughter, all laughed out loud because we understood exactly what had just happened. the man drove his ass off for 3 hours and just won a very important race, he was excited...

I totally agree. If I were Jr. this is how I would handle the conversation with Mike Helton:

Mr. Helton I understand that NASCAR is trying to make a stance on certain things that we have little control of in the heat of the moment; therefore I have decided that I will no longer give ANY post race interviews until I have had a 24 hour "cooling off period". My team and I feel this is the only way we can be 100% sure that we do not hurt our efforts to win championships.

You let DEI give the above statement to NASCAR and watch the fine increase greatly and the points to go away. I don't have a problem with them fining him $ but to take points away, especially under the new bull**** system, is appalling.

Wellby 10-05-2004 10:57 PM

You know... the whole thing that started all this was Janet jackson's "BOOB"! :eek: NASCAR is a "family" sport... We don't want our kids to here the words "SH*T or HELL"...But, they can sure see "BUD" and "LITE" and "COORS" plastered all over and think that it is Ok to drink,but not Ok to cuss????!! just can't figure this society out???????

jtmiller02 10-06-2004 12:24 AM

People have to remember the FCC has a ban on cursing, this is not a cable show nor is it shown during late night hours. I'm not the best in the world at watching my comments, but sometimes you do it because you have to. In this case he clearly didn't. Second of all, if you make a rule you have to do 2 things, 1. enforce it, 2. be consistant, it sounds to me like this is what they are doing.

The FCC has taken a stand on ridiculous Sh*t being on TV during prime time broadcasts for little kids to see and professional sports should be taking a stand too.

Ask any coach who knows a thing about coaching and they will tell you what the problems are today with atheletes and the things they teach kids. They are selfish, act like fools, and none of them are team players. Dale Jr. shot his mouth off and he hurt his whole team, sure it was an honest mistake but honest mistakes have conscequences too.

Why did the US lose olympic basketball this year, because we took a bunch of hotshot players and forgot to show up with a team. Every jackass in professional and college sports is so worried about themself, about their image and $ that they screw themselves and their teams out of any respect and do an injustice to their own ability. These atheletes set an example that takes every child athelete in the world straight down the ****ter with them.

How often do you hear a player now talk about: hard work, discepline, teamwork, sacrafice, determination, desire? How often do great coaches, like Bobby Knight talk about these qualities? You don't learn to be a winner by being a hot-shot, and I think its about time every sport start cracking down on the stupid things their employees do.

I'd bet Dale Jr. won't shoot his mouth off next time in victory lane without thinking, and I'll bet too, as good as he is, there will be a next time.

Should he lose the championship over it? sure if it comes down to it. You win by the rules, you lose by the rules, and you'll damn sure learn from them.

Anarchy Powerboats 10-06-2004 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
WOW, is Alweiss working for NASCAR!

Alweiss only works for Satan :D

tomtbone1993 10-06-2004 03:13 AM

JR will still when the championship. F@*k Nascar