Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
more detailed Coyote history... >

more detailed Coyote history...

Notices

more detailed Coyote history...

Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: more detailed Coyote history...

Bobby Davis from B & C puts on the props...and the first sea trial in Ft. Lauderdale (17th st.). Note # is incorrect - it should be #60 not #66 and lettering wasn't quite right - was changed later. Also no hatches or windshield yet. Those came later - hatches were a gift from Don A. - they were Cigarette hatches!!
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-bdavis.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0017.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-38launch.jpg  

Old 10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Registered

after sea trial boat is loaded on it's new tractor-trailer to go to Lake X and then home to RI....
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-file0061.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0064.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0058.jpg  

Old 10-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Registered

here's boat at Lake X. Pictures are a little hard to see...my grandparents took them...lol!
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-file0020.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0056.jpg  
Old 10-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Registered

and here's the boat in RI for more testing - Fall 1978. That's me - the short one in the boat on the port side...
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-file0068.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-06.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-123boat.jpg  

Old 10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome history of a legendary boat, i remember asking my dad to drive by the raceboats to check them out, i grew up less than a mile away from the factory and remember all those great boats. on the one raceboat picture i recall seeing the name of stan brunner, talk about stories. i used to wash his boats on weekends when i was twelve.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Registered

and here's the boat winning the '79 Bushmills (Phil Lewis photo). That's Mom & Dad and me in "Top Banana" after he won (photo thanks to the generosity of John Crouse); Mom, me, Stan Pike (driver of Sutphen "Inferno") and pilot after race in CA.
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-file0052.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0070.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-17.jpg  

Old 10-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Wicked cool stuff! Thank you!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Registered

more pics..."Top Banana" in 1979 Guy Lombardo; "Rums of Puerto Rico" Detroit wet pits - 1980, me, dad, Willy Myers; "Rums of Puerto Rico" 1980 Benihana (Phil Lewis photo)
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-tbslide1.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0072.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-01.jpg  

Old 10-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Registered

and of course this is my favorite picture. Before selling the race boat in 1981, my father had it repainted as "Top Banana" and raced 1 race in Plymouth MA. There were no other Open class boats - it was only a race for Sports, Modified, and Production, but they let him run the boat in an exibition class. If you look closely you will see me in the boat - at the age of 14!! - racing with my dad - I guess that makes a record or something. It was a much different time back then...

the second picture is Jean Claude testing a 38' Coyote off of Ft. Lauderdale.

and the last is Dan Weinstein - Sports class Nat'l champ in 34' Coyote "Powerplay"
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-file0071.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-app0001.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-coyote4.jpg  

Old 10-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Registered

more Coyotes - "Chaos" and - I hate to say it but this is the only picture of Chuck Fogarty's "Gone Bananas" that I can find - his boat is on the far right in the picture of the wet pits at Bacardi race....
Attached Thumbnails more detailed Coyote history...-coyote5.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-coyote6.jpg   more detailed Coyote history...-file0065.jpg  

Quick Reply: more detailed Coyote history...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.