Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Selling a car on e-bay ?? advice.. >

Selling a car on e-bay ?? advice..

Notices

Selling a car on e-bay ?? advice..

Old 10-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling a car on e-bay ?? advice..

I have bought a bunch of stuff off of e-bay, but never sold anything, never mind a SUV.. Anybody sell a vehicle on e-bay ?? any advice or pointers would be appreciated... Thanks Chris
Old 10-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Selling a car on e-bay ?? advice..

Take good pics with a good backround. Be honest in description. Make your reserve price your absolute lowest you will take. Make sure your bidder has a good feedback record or talk to them on phone to get a feel for them. Check Kelly Blue Book on line for a good market price range, it is better than NADA. There is a shipping co. that advertises on E-Bay for rates.

Good luck
Old 10-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Registered

Should have asked a couple days ago, they had a one day sale on new ads for $0.50 (versus the normal $40 or so). I've had good luck selling low cost used parts on e-bay, no luck at all trying to sell more expensive things (only got calls from bottom feeders after the auction ended). List it and consider it advertizing that may or may not bring out a real buyer.

-Greg

Link to the sale that was on 12 Oct -
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.sh...04-10-11165103
Old 10-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Thanks Greg,, thats along the lines of what I was thinking.. might not sell at auction but will bring a buyer.. Thanks Chris

Last edited by Chris288; 10-14-2004 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It worked that way for my boat. Tons of e-mails, no bids. Ended up that one of the people who sent me e-mails is on his way out here from Indy to pick up the boat tomorrow.
The auction ended over a month ago.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered

I sold my supercharged 96 Cobra as a result of e-bay. Just like rainmn above, the auction ended and the guy e-mailed me to buy the car. My only advice, is just make sure you state all of your contingencies up front. Meaning, delivery or shipping charges, how you are willing to accept payment, and sold "as is". Good luck
Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Registered

I have sold over 10 cars on Ebay, and have had excellent luck doing so. Most of these have been soprts cars, Corvettes, Toyota Supra's, Mustangs, Etc. I have found that the key to success on ebay with vehicles is pictures, and accurate descriptions. I have a way to import picture files that are being hosted by someone other that ebay, into the description. This way I can put up to 50- 75 pictures in my description. I just sold a 94 Supra Twin Turbo on eBay that had 70+ pictures for over 30K!!

Send me a PM, and I can e-mail you the HTML language to use in the description of your auction, and could offer you advise and any help I can.

Good Luck!!!
BgBoost
Old 10-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Registered

I was able to get my ad posted, seems to have went well, now we just have to wait and see... Thanks for the all the replies..
Old 10-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I bought my truck off of ebay. The sale went smoothly and I was very happy with the truck. A short time later I developed a slight coolant leak. It turned out to be the head gasket. Oh, well. Guess he sold it at the right time. The only problem was the presence of radiator stop leak! I bought the truck with 105,000 on it. The warantee exprired at 100k. Why the guy wouldn't of fixed the truck under warantee baffles me.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

Tim, that sucks... I have heard though that some vehicles come with stop leak already in it.. don't know how true that is, just what I have heard..

e-bay went smooth,, like I said will have to see if it works out or I get any leads,, here is the link..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3ALC%3AMT%3A1

Quick Reply: Selling a car on e-bay ?? advice..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.