Notices

Sailboat Story!

Old 10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sailboat Story!

For all the *****ing they do about us.
So last weekend I am out on my boat entertaining a friend and her dog. We anchored up at the 5 points in Newpot Beach (A designated achorage area within the confines of the harbor, all within the 5 mph no wake zone.)
So we are relaxing and talking on the deck of the boat (21 ft) and all the sudden a big (40 ft +) sailboat is coming straight at us (Midship) with sails full and racing about 5 other boats. Let me reiterate for those who might be slow to fallow. Racing in the harbor, in the 5 mph area and through a designated anchorage area.
We both jump up and start yelling at the top of our lungs, so do the other boaters around us. I yell for her to jump off the boat as I dive into the cabin to get her dog (In highnsight I could have never got him off the boat...180lbs rottwieller).
At the last second...and I can honestly say within 7 (Yes 7) feet, this guy turned on a dime and tacked the other way. I was screaming at the captain and expressing my discontent with his safety measures (It basically came out as "Come back here you F^%$en F&%%tard so I can shove my D*&ck in your ear!!!") or something nauticle like that. They guy yells back "Calm down...I saw you".
Oh my God!!! This knucklehead actually did this on purpose. Needless to say I called the harbor patrol and when they where done perving on my little boating buddy, they said "These guys think they own the harbor, we will call the other unit that is closer" and they drove off. So 10 minutes later the freakin guy in the sailboat goes by again. In front of the pack! I guess the cops never said a thing.
NICE!
So I tried the legal route, now onto plan B. If you all read about some dego jumping on a sailboat in mid race and plundering its captain...That would be me. Because the next time I see this guy in the harbor, we are having words. AND, I am planning on putting some APBA, SCOPE, SBA and Pacific Offshore stickers all over the thing while its sitting at the dock.
This is war!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sailboat Story!

Another peaceful day out on the water huh?????
Old 10-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a dumb move on his part!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 2,802 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
"These guys think they own the harbor"
That statement couldn't be more true! I can't tell you how many times I've been running in front of the break wall (no speed limit zone) and some sailboater will yell, flip me off, or shoot the air horn off at me. I finally started pulling up next to them and "explaining" to them that they should learn the navigation laws and speed laws of the area before they shoot their mouths off and if they want to "discuss" it any further meet me at the ramp. Upitty muther f*ckers!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the advantage of having a sailboat. You can race wide open in a 5 mph zone and not break the law.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:29 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Get him to pick up a tab... now that would hurt him the most and be an unequalable accomplishment.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Registered

Dude, calm down! You have to remember one important fact:

The smarter you are, the more stupid people you have to put up with!

No harm, no foul. Let it go.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Get him to pick up a tab... now that would hurt him the most and be an unequalable accomplishment.
That is a real feat yet to be accomplished......its virtually impossible I would think.....
Old 10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
yss
Registered

Talking Re: Sailboat Story!

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
That's the advantage of having a sailboat. You can race wide open in a 5 mph zone and not break the law.
HAHA
Old 10-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 729 Likes on 326 Posts

I posted this story last year.
The week of the St. Clair River offshore races a friend of mine was drift fishing in the river. A 40' plus sailboat running down river under power ran into his boat. My friend jumped overboard to avoid being hit. The other person aboard was pinned between the bow of the sailboat and the dashboard of the boat. My friend, in the water got the sailboats attention and told them to reverse to free the rammed boat.
One of the offshore race boats was out doing practice runs and they pulled the damaged boat back into the harbor. The sailboat was reluctant to come to shore but was eventualy convinced by the police who were called by the harbor master.
Fortunatly they were not seriously hurt.

ed

Quick Reply: Sailboat Story!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.