For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Notices

For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Old 10-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388

Now why cant we ge good hp 3's out of the 500efis?

We want them to run more than 2 hours.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

For those who want them to run for more than two hours keep watching were working on a pair of blower engines for a race team we can't disclose, to run a very famous boat next year with the same type of cylinder head with higher flow numbers and a pair of PSI's on top these heads have already flowed 535 cfm and thats per port not all together . I'm putting a file of pics together from start to finish for all you guys to see down to the Dyno video. Sincerely Laz Mesa
PS I wasn't going to say anything but I let the cat out of the hat early.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moran's car is awesome. Those times are catching up to T/A cars.
I used to keep up on the "fastest street car" shootouts but they are too out of hand now. I still like the small tire class but that is just crazy now too.
A friend of mine used to race the Super Street Outlaw class a couple of years ago but had to quit , they had a nitrious car and the supercharged and turbo cars where really coming around then. Now you can't compete with them. It's pretty sad when 8.00's will put you on the trailer. I think there fastest was 8.07 with a 430" SBF on spray. Plus he spun the car out twice at 160+ so it was just a matter of time before something bad happend.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:39 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

The 10.5 is impressive. I heard the bump was a 7.54.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

10.5 it out of control.

Bump in the 7.50's Low 7.11 at 203!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to race 10.5 NMCA Super Street along withe Orlando event.

8 oh's at 170 and was competitive. Got so expensive that it made boating look cheap.

Can't imagine what a years race budget would be today.

Although turbo motors are the way to go if you can afford the initial hit on the motor.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 302SR1; 10-22-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Take a look at the true 10.5 racing in the NMRA.Jim Blair set the record with a 7.58 and the mph record was 188 that is insane.Less that 3 years ago Pro 5.0 cars were running 7.50's on big tires.The small tire stuff is great but when something bad happens NHRA will end it all.
I loved the street car stuff but like Strip said it all ended with the 25 mile cruise.That took the street out of stret car.Musi calls his Jerry haas pro stocker a street car because it has head lights and mufflers.
It was fun while it lasted.As far as turbo motors go there is no way to police them and they make a ton of power.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=302SR1]

8 oh's at 170 and was competitive. Got so expensive that it made boating look cheap.

/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth

We had a heads up street class running on DOT's around our area for a number of years, but the same thing happened.... It went out of control with cost to compete. Now we have an index class for street cars. What makes it interesting is the max tire sixe is 28.5x12 DOT. It can be tricky to plant the hp on that tire sometimes. Everyone runs a 6.00 1/8 mile index like the NHRA super classes except no timers or down track stuttering is allowed. It's fun and not near as expensive. $800 to win for a 16 car field.

Mine is the sh*tbox on the left, first pic

We resembe true street cars and most of them are tagged and driven on the street, including mine.
Attached Thumbnails For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing-dsc00413.jpg   For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing-dsc00357.jpg   For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing-dsc00325.jpg  

Last edited by Shah Mat; 10-22-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know if you guys know this or not but the famed Jim Blair runs out of our shop and in the first race of the year at Bradenton he went a 7.41 on Wednesday in practice and he called me and said that he lifted on every round that weekend the car was so fast it felt like it had 150 hp over last years combo and were still running a prototype procharger which is chain driven. Next year we're picking up the cyl head program and are looking to go faster I have some neat prototype head and block pictures but I'm going to wait until the beginning of the season to show them to you guys. Laz Mesa
Old 10-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Lazaro:

Can we talk about intercooler setup for your guys?

Tom Robinson
(416) 709-8714