Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tired of trying to sell the boat. >

Tired of trying to sell the boat.

Notices

Tired of trying to sell the boat.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tired of trying to sell the boat.

todd i am in the same boat
Old 10-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Todd, I've said it time and time again, you're boat is incredible. It looks sharp, rides great, has a nice trailer, overall really tough to beat for the price you're asking.

Personally, to answer East Coast B's question, I'm not fond of the twin, "loveseat" configuration. That was the one and only thing keeping me from considering your 32.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Todd,

Glad to see your keeping the boat....,it's a nice piece
Old 10-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd;
I have`nt had any luck selling the Checkmate either. I beleive it is for the very reasons that East Coast B has stated in his post. I remember running back to Chicago from Michigan City last september next to you guys. Your boat sure seemed to run well then. Keep it and enjoy it for another season. Maybe the market will improve next year.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks for everyones input. The bolster seats hasn't seemed to be an issue. In fact after going for a ride in my boat most all people have said how much they enjoyed having the side-by-side. Much easier to carry on a conversation, seems like more room in the cockpit, eaiser access to the cabin and having more dash area allowes for better arrangement and more gauges if you'd like. If I were to build another boat I'm sure I'd go with the side-by-side arrangement again.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Not to change the subject but I was thinking of buying a Motor home for hunting, Wow have you seen the price drop of these. Last time I looked at an old 90's pusher they were in the 100 k range now there in the 20k. The new ones are around 70k, man I'm glad I did'nt take that hit.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Todd, it definately has its merits, I actually like what it does to the cabin arrangement. Just a personal thing, I just like the center walkway and having plenty of room while driving, it's what I've become used to.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'll second ATT on the side-by-side. Its my choice from here on out. I really like the way they cockpit config with them, as well as the cabin, and huge head.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Registered

It took me 9 months to sell my old boat!! It was the motor that was stopping the sale each time (whippled 454ci 700hp) I was just about to pull it and put a stock unit in, but some speed guy wanted it. Plus the boat was 23' that ran 95 mph.

Soft market, it takes time.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered

Todd, Now that you are going to keep the boat are you and Tracy willing to go to Florida??? I have off weeks of March 21 March 28 April 4 from work with more weeks off to follow I'm told. God I love being late off from work and getting paid for it!!! During those weeks I have to spend a couple of weekdays with my son were taking him to Disneyworld and Grandpa is driving them home. I wanted to run down to the Keys. Insted of writing a book here give me a call when you get a chance.
Jason

Quick Reply: Tired of trying to sell the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.