Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat buyers from the UK........ >

Boat buyers from the UK........

Notices

Boat buyers from the UK........

Old 11-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat buyers from the UK........

RT ... I hope it is good and you can make the deal.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Registered

I got three emails this month alone from out of the country buyers...Same deal; my client has a check to send you for more than your asking, can you send me back the difference??? Unbelievable

These are the three this month,

Horn Williams
James Thomas: J-Thomas Inc. Montreal
Harts Frankwood: UK Water Aid

Last year I got the same deal and went all the way to get the check...called the bank and the check or cheque as they call it, was bogus. I would be very careful before sending any money to anyone (buyer beware, scams are every where!!!)

Good Luck to all selling your rides,

Mark
Old 11-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Banned

When I went to the bank with the check, the manager said she had a client who was selling a dog for $500. The buyer sent a check for $1000. The seller already had a cashier check for $500. before the bank stopped her. Just goes to show you, this could happen on anything being sold.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

It's quiet for a while from "Carol". She e-mailed me the other day making excuses for some accident she was in. What ever. What really tipped her off was that she sent out a broadcast e-mail that said "car" instead of "boat". I e-mailed her back telling her that she needed to get her scams straight. I told her that she was trying to buy my boat and would be sending me a bogus check. I figured that I'd never hear back from "her". Well, this week she e-mails back to say that it wasn't a scam and that the check would be legit. I just can't wait for it to come in.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Registered

Cord..stay with her...may be she hasn't caught on yet

I am out of the loop now, I sold the baot to a legit person form AZ
Old 11-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by enticer
I tried registering for "madboat" so I could post there
OMG!!!

Seriously though to be 100% safe in transactions such as those you need to use an LC (Letter of Credit). The buyer and you open it in both banks and the buyer transfers the money to you. It will cost them and you a few 100 dollas but you can add it on the final bill.

The security of the LC is that they have to deposit the TOTAL AMOUNT of money in their bank before the bank opens the LC. So you know that whoever wants to buy your boat 1st has the money! (IMPORTANT) and 2nd that the money transaction is between your bank and the buyersr bank and not between you and the buyer. The bank takes the responssibility and makes sure that everything is OK. You do not have to worry about anything as this transaction is also insured by the bank in case of loss.

Usually the buyer's bank has to send you a deposit of 30 to 50% before shipment and the remaining you received upon receipt of the Bill/s of Lading by the buyer's bank.

However, as I said the total amount of the asking (agreed) price is with the buyer's bank and is a procedure between your bank and and their bank. Very secure.

If you contact your bank and you tell them about opening an LC they will know about it and will give you more details.

Good luck and be very carefull if you deal with individuals not only from the UK but from anywhere in the World

Last edited by Manos; 11-21-2004 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Registered

Chack this out,

Harts frankwood from UK water aid ask me my last asking price for my boat, I told Him $25,000. This is $10,000 over what I was asking...He is sending the check for $30,000...

By the way they have thier own website too, they are really trying to look legit...

I have another check coming from James Thomas for $25,000, this is $8100 more than I told him...

Next time I'm going to tell the $1,000,000 and see what happens, maybe I'll get a big check!!!!

Everyone needs to be aware this is going on,

Good luck,

MK
Old 11-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mkramer
Chack this out,

Harts frankwood from UK water aid ............... they have thier own website too, they are really trying to look legit...
MK
Out if interest. What is the link to their web site?
I'm asking because 'water aid' is a charity organisation VERY LEGIT

Last edited by Manos; 11-21-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Registered

http://www.ukwateraid.iwarp.com/

This is the one he has in his email, I don't know if it's legit or not????

You tell me, you would probably know better.

Thanks for the help,

MK
Old 11-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Registered

http://www.wateraid.org.uk/

The above is the right link to 'Water aid UK'.
I suggest that you contact these guys give his email and all the details that you can find and inform them that he is an imposter.
Your contact is NOT LEGIT!!! You are correct

Quick Reply: Boat buyers from the UK........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.