Like Tree0Likes

Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Reply
Old 10-28-2004, 03:47 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Seal Beach, CA.
My Boats: 98 Wellcraft SCARAB
Posts: 476
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Funny guy Greg I guess it's better than the picture of me being loaded in the Ambulance in San Diego after the CB deal
BADA BING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:54 PM
  #12
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Michael, welcome aboard.

I've lived and boated out of the channel Islands harbor and Various other ports in So. Cal. for as long as I can remember. The one thing you need to know is the water gets unusually big between north of Point Mugu and south of Santa Barbara, from the shore to the Channel Islands due to the deep water channel and the wind whipping between the islands and the coast. 6-8 footers is everyday normal, then you have to add the wind chop that comes in afternoon. Makes for some good times!

I am currently selling my Baja that I've owned since new and was recently re-furbished w/a 525SC and new trailer. I've never had a problem running to the islands in it or up to Santa Barbara but it can get bumpy at times

Theres some other boats we run with regularly around here but offshore boats aren't as popular as say the Newport Long Beach areas. I'd be happy to take you out the next time I run which will probably be with in the next couple of weeks. I have a full schedule prior to that. Email me or call and we'll set something up.

Tank

[email protected]
805-340-8847 cell
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:02 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Steamin Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
My Boats: 2005 34' Shockwave
Posts: 919
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADA BING
Funny guy Greg I guess it's better than the picture of me being loaded in the Ambulance in San Diego after the CB deal



Jimbo, it's also better than the pics of you walking up the launch ramp in Newport in your skivvies..
Steamin Rice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:07 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Seal Beach, CA.
My Boats: 98 Wellcraft SCARAB
Posts: 476
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

True true Hey don't forget though my cell phone still worked after that
BADA BING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:42 PM
  #15
Registered
 
BajaFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Smith Valley, NV
My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion
Posts: 1,436
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
Michael, welcome aboard.

I've lived and boated out of the channel Islands harbor and Various other ports in So. Cal. for as long as I can remember. The one thing you need to know is the water gets unusually big between north of Point Mugu and south of Santa Barbara, from the shore to the Channel Islands due to the deep water channel and the wind whipping between the islands and the coast. 6-8 footers is everyday normal, then you have to add the wind chop that comes in afternoon. Makes for some good times!

I am currently selling my Baja that I've owned since new and was recently re-furbished w/a 525SC and new trailer. I've never had a problem running to the islands in it or up to Santa Barbara but it can get bumpy at times

Theres some other boats we run with regularly around here but offshore boats aren't as popular as say the Newport Long Beach areas. I'd be happy to take you out the next time I run which will probably be with in the next couple of weeks. I have a full schedule prior to that. Email me or call and we'll set something up.

Tank

[email protected]
805-340-8847 cell
Tank,

Are you around this weekend? I'm going out probably Sunday morning. Wanna go?
BajaFresh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:37 PM
  #16
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Tank,

Are you around this weekend? I'm going out probably Sunday morning. Wanna go?
we're planning on a blow out, ragin deep into the night halloween party Sat. soooooo, needless to say, I wont be getting up "early" i.e. before 1pm on Sunday!


I'll listen for your boat to go out though and have dreams of Cigarettes dancing in my head!
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:53 PM
  #17
Registered
 
BajaFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Smith Valley, NV
My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion
Posts: 1,436
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Okay, Tank. I'll give it a few extra revs for ya as I idle through the no wake zone!
BajaFresh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:02 PM
  #18
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Okay, Tank. I'll give it a few extra revs for ya as I idle through the no wake zone!

You runnin' with any other boats?? When do you want to do Santa barbara for lunch? Schulte said he's in and he'll get the guy that bought Clancy's fountain. I have another 42 fountain, a 38 Scarab, 40 Hallet, 42 Tiger and maybe Nort that'll run too. Think about some dates in Nov.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:09 PM
  #19
Registered
 
BajaFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Smith Valley, NV
My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion
Posts: 1,436
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Kevin may be out of town. He said he has a booth at SEMA but I'm not sure what day he is leaving. If he's around he'll probably go (I may have a little trouble keeping up with him though!). I just wanted to take mine out for a run because I didn't get too much at speed wheel time during the offshore races. Had a lot of time idling and floating around with the divers on board.

We're doing a Catalina run on Nov 13 with some guys from Hotboat.com if you're interested. Taking Kevin's boat and leaving mine at home for that one.

Maybe Nov 6/7 or 20/21 for SB? Any of those dates good for you?
BajaFresh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:24 PM
  #20
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default Re: Intro from So. Cal. Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Kevin may be out of town. He said he has a booth at SEMA but I'm not sure what day he is leaving. If he's around he'll probably go (I may have a little trouble keeping up with him though!). I just wanted to take mine out for a run because I didn't get too much at speed wheel time during the offshore races. Had a lot of time idling and floating around with the divers on board.

We're doing a Catalina run on Nov 13 with some guys from Hotboat.com if you're interested. Taking Kevin's boat and leaving mine at home for that one.

Maybe Nov 6/7 or 20/21 for SB? Any of those dates good for you?
the 20/21st sounds good.....I'm out on the 6th though
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Superboat Guy
Superboat
15
07-01-2012 10:51 AM
Racerngr1
General Racing Discussion
19
09-02-2007 01:52 AM
Dregsz
Banana Boat
1
05-19-2005 03:00 PM
Zudnic
General Boating Discussion
27
05-05-2005 10:21 PM
Tres
General Boating Discussion
0
02-16-2004 01:14 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.