Notices

Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions

Old 11-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions

Originally Posted by xclusive
Is the skater mutch bigger then the nortech if you compare 36 for 36 or are they the same size?
Does the skater have a nice cabin like the nortech, head on one side and great place for storage on the other side ?
How much faster can a skater be boat for boat, engine for engine?
I have never heard of a skater with a cabin.

Look at the dash of a Nortech its a molded piece ,unlike the flat panels dashes.Also compare the styling on the engine hatch,looks like outer limits is getting some ideas on it from Nortech.The cockpits of the Cigs are getting wild,the outerlimits cockpit colors seem drab to me,Hustler is the same since 99.Skater seems to be bare bones,I haven't seen the cabin on a 46 Cig maybe its still close the the old covergirl cabin

I guess you have to figure what you really want,speed,resale,styling ,speed,brand name recognition [the Jones],speed,price?

I would say the Nortech 50,cig 46,outerlimits 52,Hustler 50.

I think Hustler is the only one that has put trip 500efi that runs low 80's. the others usually put bug power in them so its going hard to compare apples in speed.

As far as the cats the fastest ones , the guys thats buying the RACE boats are buying the fastest hull that money can buy,some teams don't ask price so what do you see on the race course the most???

Whats the beam on the 50 footers??Trailering?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outerlimits has the epoxy option, which if used correctly, is stronger, and lighter.

Nortech has awesome cockpit/interiors.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The bathroom looks smaller that the Hustler.Good looking boat and you could probaly put the superchargers on it.

http://www.thebrokerageshop.com/site...tem_59104.html

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Ron P

I have not seen a Skater get by me yet.A lot of 36 owners by 43's or build new 36's. I am on my second 36 in the last twelve months and they are awesome boats. Exclusive, you bought a great looking and running boat. It will be the best boat buy you ever made.
Sorry guys, I was just kidding. I should have added the face.

For the record, I've only been on one Nortech so far. It was 50' with triple 1100s. It was awesome to say the least. There's a white 36 Nortech cat that runs behind my house and makes U turns at 100mph. It looks and sounds great. I plan to go for a test ride with him next spring.

I will say that the interior of a Nortech cat looks sharper than anything else I've seen. Like I said, the newest generation of boats from Nortech, Outerlimits and Cigarette are really works of art and I would love to have the problem of selecting the right boat for myself. You should enjoy the hunt.

PS. Maybe while in Key West, some one would be kind enough to take me for a ride on a 36 or 43 Nor-Tech cat. I'll be there all week.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by totalmp
Nortech is truly a cut above. We just ordered 3 of them at the Ft. Lauderdale show. The boats are now avaiable with TMP EFI engines(up to 1500 HP) from the factory. Give Randy Sweers a call or check out Fastboats.com.

Gator is right, we haven't been touched by a Skater or MTI either. The new 3600 we're building will have TMP 1600 EFI's, and several tricks to make it outperform any other cat on the water. Besides, these boats destroy rough water.

You're right. When I talk to my freinds, they all say you've got to have calm water for cats. From what I've seen in Randy's boat, rough water or not, they go like hell and you don't get pounded in them.
If there's a deep-v boat that rides as smooth as those nortech in rouch waters, it would be nice to try them out.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Sorry guys, I was just kidding. I should have added the face.

For the record, I've only been on one Nortech so far. It was 50' with triple 1100s. It was awesome to say the least. There's a white 36 Nortech cat that runs behind my house and makes U turns at 100mph. It looks and sounds great. I plan to go for a test ride with him next spring.

I will say that the interior of a Nortech cat looks sharper than anything else I've seen. Like I said, the newest generation of boats from Nortech, Outerlimits and Cigarette are really works of art and I would love to have the problem of selecting the right boat for myself. You should enjoy the hunt.

PS. Maybe while in Key West, some one would be kind enough to take me for a ride on a 36 or 43 Nor-Tech cat. I'll be there all week.
You mean Jim C's? He runs around with Jet Set. His 36' has twin 1000s detuned to 880HP, 135 MPH.

LS JR.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

That's the one.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nor Tech Builds A Nice Boat But You Should Take A Look At The Hustler 50 Before Deciding.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Registered

Nortechs are great boats. But give us a bit more info about what you want. Do you want to go mild or wild with your motors? What kind of speed do you want? What kind of budget do you have?

A Nortech 5000 is great and I would definitely look into it as well as into Outerlimits if I was going for big power. However, if you're looking to stick to stock 525s, keep your warranties, have large as opposed to outrageous fuel bills and still be in the upper 80s, I would definitely look at Hustler.

I warn you that I am a bit partial here but all I am saying is take a look at it. Strong construction, nice headroom and interior space, great bathroom space and great performance. The one shown in Miami 2002 was rigged with triple HP500s and went 83 mph the first time it hit the water. That's quite amazing for a loaded boat with a generator, A/C, flatscreen, DVD, premium sound system, full galley... and such mild power.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gatorone, I spoke with you a little bit about your boat at the sarasota poker run. I am the guy who just had ordered a 36 from Randy. I really liked the interior colors on your boat and have been searching alot of the pictures of your boat here on OSO. I am having trouble finding any real good interior shots of your boat. Dean at Art of Design just got done with the paint job designs and I think the colors on the inside of your boat would go well with the paint job i decided on. Would you be willing to e-mail me some shots? [email protected]

Quick Reply: Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.