Like Tree0Likes

lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Reply
Old 11-03-2004, 09:04 PM
  #1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
cig1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: LONG ISLAND/LAKE MURRAY
My Boats: 1988 Bullet FOR SALE
Posts: 2,398
Default lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Does anyone boat at Lake Murray and know this area good?
Stan
cig1988 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:43 PM
  #2
Registered
 
n2boatn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 104
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

If you are reffering to Lake Murray SC if so check with mrs.wigginout or phantom1 here on the board they both live there.

Last edited by n2boatn2; 11-03-2004 at 09:46 PM.
n2boatn2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:55 PM
  #3
Registered
 
clearcut3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chapin (Lake Murray), South Carolina
My Boats: 2006 Scout 222 Sportfish
Posts: 1,569
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cig1988
Does anyone boat at Lake Murray and know this area good?
Stan
I'm here and so are many others, what ya need? You coming in to town? I would be more than happy to help you check out a few places or show you around the area. Just shoot me a PM or post something here. I travel a lot but will be in town a good bit the next few weeks.
clearcut3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:42 AM
  #4
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
cig1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: LONG ISLAND/LAKE MURRAY
My Boats: 1988 Bullet FOR SALE
Posts: 2,398
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearcut3
I'm here and so are many others, what ya need? You coming in to town? I would be more than happy to help you check out a few places or show you around the area. Just shoot me a PM or post something here. I travel a lot but will be in town a good bit the next few weeks.

I was checking out real estate at Lake Lanier and was traveling up to Wilmington, NC to see a friend. Noticed LAke Murray on the atlas and decided to check it out Tuesday afternoon. Visited a realtor and started checking some homes on the lake..WOW, I like! The only thing I've noticed the water is down quite a bit. Is this normal?
I saw a new home in Batesville-Saluda county that really caught my attention. I have alot of questions and dont know where to begin. If I gave the location of the cove can anyone tell me how deep it is? How big (acres) is the lake? Can someone refer me to a dock builder for an estimate and will hydro-hoist's work? Just a few questions I can think of but any info would really help.
Stan
cig1988 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:37 AM
  #5
Registered
 
Phantom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Murray, SC
My Boats: 30' Phantom
Posts: 5,647
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cig1988
I was checking out real estate at Lake Lanier and was traveling up to Wilmington, NC to see a friend. Noticed LAke Murray on the atlas and decided to check it out Tuesday afternoon. Visited a realtor and started checking some homes on the lake..WOW, I like! The only thing I've noticed the water is down quite a bit. Is this normal?
I saw a new home in Batesville-Saluda county that really caught my attention. I have alot of questions and dont know where to begin. If I gave the location of the cove can anyone tell me how deep it is? How big (acres) is the lake? Can someone refer me to a dock builder for an estimate and will hydro-hoist's work? Just a few questions I can think of but any info would really help.
Stan
1.) Saluda County taxes will be much lower than other areas on the lake.
2.) The lake is coming back up after some major repairs to the dam.
3.) Jack Wessinger is the man to call about a dock. I can find his number if you would like. Hydro-hoists are allowed and work well.
4.) The lake is 50,000 acres
5.) Many many many beers are consumed on the lake every year, and the DNR patrols are pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Let me know if I can help. I have access to the multiple listing service and can help with your search if you would like.

Mike
Phantom1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:41 AM
  #6
Registered
 
Phantom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Murray, SC
My Boats: 30' Phantom
Posts: 5,647
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Check these sites out.

LakeMurray.com

lakemurraycountry.com
Phantom1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:39 AM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
cig1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: LONG ISLAND/LAKE MURRAY
My Boats: 1988 Bullet FOR SALE
Posts: 2,398
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Thanks Phanton!
cig1988 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:44 AM
  #8
Registered
 
clearcut3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chapin (Lake Murray), South Carolina
My Boats: 2006 Scout 222 Sportfish
Posts: 1,569
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Another thing you need to think about is schools if you have kids because there is a difference. If you don't have kids then it's not a big deal.

Like Phantom said the lake is down but coming back up. When you were here the lake was probably at or a tad above where it normally is in the winter. It is generally dropped some in the winter but then back up to full.

As for docks the first thing to do is find out exactly what it is permitted for first. If it is not permitted for a hydro hoist make sure you make that a stipulation in any contract, "Seller must have approval from SCE&G for (specify what you want in a dock)". Then the seller will go through all of the trouble to get you what you want and it will save you some headaches down the road. Once you have the approval you are good to go.

The one great thing about Lake Murray as opposed to a lot of the other lakes I have been on is the marinas with restaurants and bars. There are places to hang out during the day no matter what mood you are in.

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help. As far as knowing how deep the cove is that would be a tough one without actually seeing it. If it has good water now...it will only get better.
clearcut3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:53 AM
  #9
Registered
 
clearcut3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chapin (Lake Murray), South Carolina
My Boats: 2006 Scout 222 Sportfish
Posts: 1,569
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Look at the picture below and it will help you realize how far the lake is down.

This is a picture of my dock that was taken just now. The water, when the lake is full, comes all the way up the boat ramp to within 10' of the end of the walkway. The sitting area you see will have water all the way up under it (covering the poles). It will be between 12-14 ft deep off of my floater and about 6' deep under the sitting area.
Attached Thumbnails
lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL-p1010015.jpg  
clearcut3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:34 PM
  #10
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
cig1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: LONG ISLAND/LAKE MURRAY
My Boats: 1988 Bullet FOR SALE
Posts: 2,398
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom1
1.) Saluda County taxes will be much lower than other areas on the lake.
2.) The lake is coming back up after some major repairs to the dam.
3.) Jack Wessinger is the man to call about a dock. I can find his number if you would like. Hydro-hoists are allowed and work well.
4.) The lake is 50,000 acres
5.) Many many many beers are consumed on the lake every year, and the DNR patrols are pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Let me know if I can help. I have access to the multiple listing service and can help with your search if you would like.

Mike
Hey Mike, I noticed the Lake was down quite a bit. How often does this happen? I was in Lake Murray Tuesday the 2nd just on a whim. Wish I would have known there was someone on the site w/a MLS service. I am working with a local agent in Irmo and really like the home I saw. If you can get Jack's ph# I would really appreciate it. Any idea what a covered dock will run and what to expect?
cig1988 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
clearcut3
General Boating Discussion
12
04-10-2007 08:30 AM
cig1988
General Boating Discussion
8
03-23-2007 07:49 AM
cig1988
General Boating Discussion
21
04-23-2006 07:43 PM
cig1988
General Boating Discussion
9
04-14-2005 09:07 PM
ospreyproduction
General Boating Discussion
6
02-15-2004 07:20 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.