Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help me Design my Dash and Interior please. >

Help me Design my Dash and Interior please.

Notices

Help me Design my Dash and Interior please.

Old 11-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Help me Design my Dash and Interior please.

First, here is a picture of the old interior and dash. Clean but dated. I dont have a better picture of what it looks like now. What is not pictured new silver/black steering wheel. I have white plexi-glass switch panels but they dont fit the level of the rest of the boat. I dont want to do a flat pannel for the gauges either, the stepped dash is cool to me. I was thinking about having panels made by someone prewired. www.teammarine.com has some great looking stuff. I cant decide whether to use toggle switches or rockers. What about color? The interior is going to be primarily yellow. The inside of the faring will be padded and match the seats. What has worked best for you? Have you had any of this done? Everything is cleaned up, and what is not going to be used is out, so im ready to move to this part of the project. Somone kinda butchered the dash before, i may end up cutting more out, espeacially if i try to fit some sort of GPS or navigation screen. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Help me Design my Dash and Interior please.-dash.jpg   Help me Design my Dash and Interior please.-dashnew.jpg  
Old 11-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Help me Design my Dash and Interior please.

Looks killer so far. Team marine does a great job!! They can take a littel bit of time to get stuff from but you will be happy when you get it that is for sure. I would go with the Rockers. What I did was used their standard rocker for all my access like lights, blowers, and so on but used the military ones for my trim as they tend to get beat up a little more. I also like the stepped look.

Jon
Old 11-25-2004, 12:14 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job, looking good. Go with toggles.

Question for you regarding the original black dash. Did you repaint, or custom build a replacement? I have a black plexi dash in my Scarab, always wondered about how to change over to white and thought paint wouldn't work/adhere/last, etc.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Keith- sorry, i just saw this. To do the switch we sanded down all of the black textured paint on the dash and repainted. We also had all of the panels remade in white lexan.

I spoke to Team Marine today and will be sending my templates to them tomorrow. They said that silver panels wont show the etching so i am thinking about yellow or purple to match the engines. My gauges are white face, i wish i had waited and bought the new platinum gauges. Also, i think i am going to go with all toggle switches. Anyone know of a small navigation system that would fit in the left side? Thanks
Old 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

So your dash was already painted? Mine's all plexi, so that looks like a project I'll probably pass on.

I use a Navman GPS system, which holds it's color & brightness in sunlight. Not sure, but it's probably possible to flush mount the unit. Brunswick just purchased a controlling interest in Navman this summer, they're not going anywhere. The product is better than the Garmin and others I've seen. http://www.navman.com/marine/product...500/index.html

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."