Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powerplay Marine Sold?

Hey Steve1 .....

...... You got KNOCKED the fu@k out
Old 12-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

I was told 98-100 mph as well by Lake Cumberland Marine, sooooo believe which ever you want, until someone actually rides in it!!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

So I'm guessing through all of this he said,he did, he didn't stuff that Power play didn't sell?? I think that was the original question, wasn't it?? I don't remember anymore!! My head hurts just from reading all of this!!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:39 PM
knotpropr

typical of someone who is clueless as to how and why a boat runs, please testing it too light is ONLY cheating themselves - DUH!

Old 12-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

If you guys want to see what the 38 PP hull is morphing into - go here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88292
Old 12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by desel
Only one guy is 5 weeks behind, the others are only three. Look at the employees, stinky Kevin shows up for a few hours and leaves. The rest of them could't get employed anywhere else.

BTW, did the guy from the Bahamas who bought his boat 4 years ago ever get it? What about the triple engine fish boat, you know the golf course guy. Its been two years for him.

Maverick, did Danny ever pay you back or are you still buying his BS.

Yeah, Nice Boats if you EVER get it.
Titos, I know his posistion in all this bankruptcy stuff and he's in a tough spot. He knows I am still friends with most all of you guys on OSO, so we don't talk much about these issues. I stay out of his business, but do still talk to him. I am listed as a creditor also, so I don't expect the $ anytime soon. I have been around him pretty close over the last 15, or so, years, so I stay very nuetral on his business affairs. Especially on this site. The old race stuff about the B1 boat is pretty interesting stufff though...I guess I should have been there.
Gary
Old 12-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen30
i don't doubt it had 502's in it,,,hp500 are 502 and 525efi are 502's,,i doubt it ran 86mph w/ 415hp at the crank.besides i was told it had hp500/525efi's in it.
Actually I gave those engines to Dan to test the 38 prototype with. They were brand new production engines and drives. 502 MPIs. 415 HP. I got them back after testing and sold them as used engines. There was no grey area on this.
Gary
Old 12-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja27
Desel, the Pulse drive boat does 98mph with 750's just to let u know!
The boat runs low 90s with the new longer skegs. I know the owner very well and have riden and driven the boat. I have seen 94 with the shorter skegs but smooth water handling was sketchy. It went straight but had so much lift that the steering was barly in the water. I am not sticking up for anybody here but as in any new product especially a new design boat, you learn allot. Robbies boat supposedly ran low 90s with 625s. There's obviously allot of people that don't care for Dan but the boat is awesome.
Gary

Last edited by maverick; 12-02-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nationalisgone
Gary, Maverick, or Danny. Whoever you are.

Excuse me but Desel is not Titos for the record #1

#2- Didn't the motors in the Test boat belong to Performance Marine??
Gary it is, and I'm sorry about the name mistake. It sounded like Titos. No the motors belonged to me. They were given to me by Pat on Memo and then sold after the testing. Pats number is 954.970.3335 if this needs verifying. By the way, who is this busting my chops? I don't know anyone in Ohio....
Old 12-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nationalisgone
Gary I would love to tell you but I am not in the mood to get Dans threats of "all my family members are attorneys, I will sue you for slander or defamation. etc....." Telling you who I am would just help him, let him spend some money (or should I say other peoples) to do his homework.
Understand.

"Last time I saw that boat it was indoors at Powerplay. I was told that the boat came in extremely heavy and that Dan would NEVER try to sell the boat.

Guess that's changed??

Is it a better boat with the Pulse Drives?"

Too Old, I drove the boat right out of the box at Key west with Bravos, and it was not all that impressive as far as speed goes. It is very obvious that its really heavy. In rough water though, it would run its a** off. I was extremely impressed with the rough water handling. Now, the boat with Pulse drives seems to run very flat, and is one of the more impressive boats I have driven in really nasty water. It would run almost its calm water speeds in in it. No Bravos to blow up either. The boat is not an embarrasment to Powerplay by any means. Its just the 1st one. Remember the first Fountain step botom, and the 2nd, and the 3rd, etc. If Dans around to build more they will be as good as the 33 is today.

Quick Reply: Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.