Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerplay Marine Out of Business!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90974-powerplay-marine-out-business.html)

knotpropr 11-28-2004 05:02 PM

Re: Powerplay Marine Sold?

frequentflyer-
Nobody is, or will, attack the quality and finish on the Powerplay products, anything that takes a year and a half to 3 years, BETTER be nice as hell without flaws! The situation is the owner/operator of the Powerplay business. LIAR, BULL**** ARTIST, CON MAN and THEIF!

And from what i read, also a a Wife (girlfriend) Beater, Drug Dealer/Trafficker, Loan DEFAULTER and a few other things. AND THAT IS ONLY WHAT HE "GOT CAUGHT" FOR...probably caould be a few more things too! :eek:

Jassman 11-28-2004 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by frequentflyer
I can only speak for the 25 and 33 since I have not been on the 38. My 25 has absolutely NO waves so it's not only the 33. Waves however are besides the point. That was just an example. Why do you think people keep him in business ? It has nothing to do with him. It's the product. I can give a *hit if the company is sold and someone else runs it as long as the product is the same. As for myself, I bought my PP used. I thought it was pretty cool to call and speak with the owner of the company who knew the boat took the time to give me it's complete history. That and a gel coat repair is about as much as I have dealt with Dan.
Dan aside, the product kicks a$$. Whoever doubts that can take a ride in one and foot for foot and pound for pound, in my opinion, it's pretty hard to find a better all around boat.

Dan's products are not as good as they use to be, talk to a few 38 owners. I agreed that the 25 and 33 are basically flawless, but he has had 15 plus years without any major changes perfecting these two molds, his 38 is good, but not like Nortech, Outerlimits, or Cig. Im glad the guy helped you out, now he just needs to take care of ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE HE DOOPED. Jeff

knotpropr 11-28-2004 06:48 PM

and what exactly does Bosco know or have to do with anything
If I am not mistaken, Boscoe was the force behind Powerplay sales for quite some time, so I think he has a lot to do with everything. I heard he was the brains behind the flawless finish of all boats.

knotpropr 11-28-2004 07:11 PM

Why was he there for so long? I think he was more than you even know!

ActiveThunder 11-28-2004 08:21 PM

Damn, just like old times.

buckknekkid 11-28-2004 08:22 PM

dont you ever get tired of this crap? APACHE, there i said it! :evilb:

Jassman 11-28-2004 08:45 PM

If thats the case, did you set up the original molds on just the 38.

JCPERF 11-28-2004 08:58 PM

Steve, were you with him when he raced in B-class?