Notices
View Poll Results: Which boat for Miami Vice?
Cigarette
58.70%
Fountain
8.97%
OL
8.70%
Nortech Cat
5.16%
Skater Cat
7.61%
Formula
5.43%
AT
2.72%
Pantera
2.72%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Miami Vice Movie Boat

Old 12-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 592 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice Movie Boat

I like this one.
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice Movie Boat-scan0037.jpg  
Old 12-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

So do I.

That looks fantastic.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 592 Likes on 241 Posts

Sharp KV . I always thought this was a MIAMI VICE color boat ,but now that I flip back and look at others this one is much sharper with the integrated deck color with the blackouts.

P.S. I hate arches.

Looks good doesn't it? I always thought this boat was the miami vice colors but after flipping back and comparing this boat it is much sharper with it's integrated deck and arch colors.

p.s. I hate arches !

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-08-2004 at 11:29 PM. Reason: repeat
Old 12-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scarab!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Sharp KV . I always thought this was a MIAMI VICE color boat ,but now that I flip back and look at others this one is much sharper with the integrated deck color with the blackouts.

P.S. I hate arches.

Looks good doesn't it? I always thought this boat was the miami vice colors but after flipping back and comparing this boat it is much sharper with it's integrated deck and arch colors.

p.s. I hate arches !
That is the later MV Edition version with the silver arch and light...looks like S*it to me (Not).
I prefer Or I´m used to the earlier...they used it also in the show.
Great pic thou....and FABULOUS WATER.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redfountain420s
Is this there old boat? just kidding
Where did you find this one??
Old 12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38vice
I'm trying to get a hold of Michael Mann now to see if he wants to use the original boat in the show.

38Vice..contact me...on the other forum or then [email protected]
Old 07-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JUST IN......

Posted on Sun, Jul. 17, 2005

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...s/12148378.htm

'Vice' is nice for Donzi

Movie to feature Manatee boatmaker's wares

TILDE HERRERA

Herald Staff Writer

MANATEE - When the suit-and-T-shirt clad detectives known as Crockett and Tubbs make their silver screen debut next year, in the background will be several sleek powerboats supplied by a local marine manufacturer.

What is "Miami Vice" without a high-speed boat race or two?

Donzi Marine will supply director Michael Mann with seven boats worth $1.5 million for the big-budget film, the latest in a long line of partnerships between the boatbuilder and Hollywood. Along with prestige, the agreement also brings a golden marketing opportunity to expose the Donzi product to millions of consumers.

"Our commitment to this project is substantial," said Josh Stickles, Donzi's vice president of marketing. "Several of our competitors tried out for these same roles, so we were certainly pleased to be selected."

The chance to show off its boats in a splashy movie against a famous backdrop so closely tied to its company history is a marketer's dream, Stickles said.

Donzi was founded in Miami during the early 1960s by Don Aranow, the man who created Formula, Cigarette and Magnum boats, all of which have origins in racing.

Speed and masculinity are Donzi traits, said Thom Dammrich, president of the National Marine Manufacturers Association.

"When you hear Donzi, you think of muscle boats," Dammrich said.

Said Billy Frenz, executive director of the National Powerboat Association, "They have the sexy 'Miami Vice' image."

Reinforcement of that image can translate into sales, said Nelson Zager, vice president of the Entertainment Resources and Marketing Association.

"If the boats are unique in design and the company's logo or name are readily seen, it can be a huge windfall for the boat manufacturer, as these movies play to millions of people and potential buyers," Zager said.

Television and movies, Zager said, can have a huge influence on people's purchases, especially luxury ones.

The average retail price for a Donzi boat is $200,000, Stickles said.

"The effect is really cumulative," Stickles said. "It has more of a lasting impact than you'd think."

The validation of a movie appearance cannot be overlooked, Stickles said.

"Having them onscreen increases the value and reinforces the brand," Stickles said.

Meghan Stout, spokeswoman for Chris-Craft, agreed. Chris-Craft currently has some of its boats in Italy filming "Mission Impossible 3."

"It helps generate awareness and develop a buzz and excitement around the brand," Stout said.

Donzi was approached about the project last November, Stickles said, and met with Mann and his creative team in February.

Standard models were chosen but tweaked to reflect "Vice" 's South Beach sensibilities.

"These are existing boats from our existing lineup," Stickles said. "However, the colors are custom. They have a very distinct look in that regard."

Stickles declined to discuss specific details of Donzi's deal with Universal but he said that in the past, the boats have been, loaned to filmmakers and returned.

"As a rule, we don't buy our way in," Stickles said. "We'll provide boats but we never have had to pay for our (product) placement."

Donzi boats have been featured in films such as "Charlie's Angels," "Bad Boys II" and "Spy Kids," and the television shows "24" and "Nash Bridges."

Donzi is usually given some form of compensation if the boat will be damaged or destroyed during filming, Stickles said.

Donzi may sell the original boats afterward. Models potentially could be marketed at a premium.

The film is scheduled for release next summer, which means a huge marketing effort on Universal's part.

Donzi, Stickles said, will be there every step of the way with its own campaign.

"This is us," Stickles said. "We are all over this."

Tilde Herrera, Herald business reporter, can be reached at 748-0411, ext. 7037 or at [email protected].
Old 07-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

BOOOO!!

I wanted it to be a scarab
Old 07-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered

I thought they were using a cat it will be better if they use a veeee hull

Quick Reply: Miami Vice Movie Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.