Notices

Digital Cameras

Old 12-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Digital Cameras

Hydro, you are awesome!!! Where did you learn all of this?? Now I wish I would have taken a photo class back in high school, at least I'd have a good background......

What is a SLR?? Sorry to be so (entry level!)

I have a Kyrocera 3.1, (the only reason I bought it was, it had the largest display screen I could find, my wife is almost blind) and she knows nothing about any cameras. I wanted something she could use and see.

The next camera I buy I would like it to be;
- Faster (betwen pictures)
- have more reg. zoom, not digital zoom (I never really use it, its to blury)
- have a faster auto focus (my friend was next to me in Key West and his Sony Ws-1? got great pic.'s - blew mine away!!!) By the time mine focused the boats were gone!!
Any advise?????????
Old 12-10-2004, 05:05 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hydro ..with all due respect..

Photos of images less than 10 feet from Cap are worthless..

The Pano FZM 10/20 is a great camera-great rapid fire- sound-movie, 12x OPTIVAL zoom, etc.. is all he would need.

I doubt if he will be taking photos of rose buds...

Cap..buy one at Best Buy/ Circuit City you have 30 days to test it..

Next subject please..

This naked gal just.....
Old 12-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Digital Cameras

Originally Posted by FunHome
Hydro, you are awesome!!! Where did you learn all of this?? Now I wish I would have taken a photo class back in high school, at least I'd have a good background......

I have a Kyrocera 3.1, (the only reason I bought it was, it had the largest display screen I could find, my wife is almost blind) and she knows nothing about any cameras. I wanted something she could use and see.

- have a faster auto focus (my friend was next to me in Key West and his Sony Ws-1? got great pic.'s - blew mine away!!!) By the time mine focused the boats were gone!!
Any advise?????????
SLR is just a fancy term. It is a camera with a mirror that allows you to see an image that actually comes from "looking" though the lens". A non-slr has a viewfinder or LCD screen of sorts.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gdfatha
Hydro ..with all due respect..

Photos of images less than 10 feet from Cap are worthless..

The Pano FZM 10/20 is a great camera-great rapid fire- sound-movie, 12x OPTICAL zoom, etc.. is all he would need.

I doubt if he will be taking photos of rose buds...

Cap..buy one at Best Buy/ Circuit City you have 30 days to test it..

Next subject please..

This naked gal just.....
Tha's my suggestion.

Before you buy any digital camera over $ 500-600 00 buy a DMC-FZ-20 from Circuit City and test it for 30 days like GF said. Then if you like it you can keep it or buy one online from some reputable companies for a hundred bucks less.

If you go for the D-70 make sure every lens is ED glass and Nikkor. Off brands don't work nearly as well in digitals even Nikons. You will need a Nikon Flash for $ 600.00 too. Expect to pay $3,500.00 for the system. If you want to get to the maximim zoom a FZ-20 can get to using a 1.4x and digital zoom you will need another $ 3,500 for a 2400mm lens.

It's worth it but hey...they are redesigning ccd's completely in 2-3 years I heard ...I am sticking with my Nikon and Leica 35mm cameras till then.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

SLR - Single Lens Reflex

Great info guys. I need to try this new Panasonic.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I never cut and paste without asking for permission...!

...just ask this little fellow!
Attached Thumbnails Digital Cameras-dsc_0009-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 12-10-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

...Dear Santa...

Hydro has been a bad boy in 2004. Got kicked off OSO twice...was not supportive about using steps on V-Hulls......cuts and pastes without permission...thinks he is an attorney...recommend you don't give him any X-mas presents....now, as you know I am the new moderator in the "Bilge"....don't forget the 25,000 rounds for the new Glock and a pair of 525's for the Formula...oh and a girlfriend for the wife...sorry I didn't leave you any donuts and milk last year...I was hungry

P.S. I am not related to Allen4...he's a Putz...those are just rumors

Signed,
Your favorite Trooper Troutly.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 12-10-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A Good Canon or Nikon 35mm with the new Kodak High Definition film will kill any and all digitals.Period.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome

Any advise?????????

Don't think he learned this from class, lot of research, reading and memory cells that still work
Old 12-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Canon and C-mos for me

Originally Posted by Corrado
It's all in the chip. and in the glass.

The C-mos chip cameras are better then the CCD chipped cameras, I think. Canon has both, and Nikon if im correct now has the Cmos and CCD. Look for the C-mos tech cameras. Their hot. While CCD chip cameras are real good, the C-mos chip cameras are superb. check it out.

Im heavily invested in Canon 2.8 "L" lenses so I have to use Canon forever I guess. I got an EOS 1 and Elan 35mm but I really need to get a Canon dig SLR with C-mos chip inside bad.
I used to use a Nikon F4 & F3 with 80 -200 2.8 "ed" and "D" lenses for years too.I think its a tad sharper over my canon EOS1 80-200 2.8 L.

I like Canon's because their so fast, but ya can't argue with Nikon either, plus the optics on Nikon's pro lenses are so damn sharp.

always like these camera threads.

T

here's a back lit shot with the Canon EOS1 80-200 2.8 "L". 35mm 100ASA film to CD. no fumbling or bumbling
http://www.dalsa.com/markets/ccd_vs_cmos.asp

CCD vs. CMOS

CCD:
"CCDs offer superior image performance (as measured in quantum efficiency and noise), and flexibility at the expense of system size. They continue to rule in the applications that demand the highest image quality, such as most industrial, scientific, and medical applications".

CMOS
"CMOS imagers offer more integration (more functions on the chip), lower power dissipation (at the chip level), and smaller system size at the expense of image quality and flexibility".

In 2-3 years CMOS ships will be EQUAL to CCD chips. That's why I am saving my money and getting the next generation digital SLR.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 12-11-2004 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Digital Cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.