Like Tree0Likes

Earnhardt #3 Movie

Old 12-13-2004, 09:44 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
Default Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

I heard that Team V...used to listen to the races on the radio when we were out boating or find a bar with a dock and commander a TV. Now it's .....who won the race today!! Shame! I grew up watching "stock car racing" with my Dad in the late 60's early 70's. My father passed away in '73 but I think he would have enjoyed watching #3 kick some azz!! Good Movie all in all.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sonic 30ss

I loved Nascar in the sixties with Petty, super Fords, and the Dodge Daytonas. Hey, the cars actually looked like the ones you could buy in the showrooms, every race was an experiment with new tire compounds, body shapes and oh yeah....none were reversed front wheel drive turd mobiles! I just laugh at it now.

The could have revived REAL racing cars with Mustang, Camaro, Firebird battles, but no, goof ball cars only. Now Camaro and Firebird, two of the absolute best cars ever designed are dead. Sad and sick.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream

My friend, Monte Dutton, covers the nascar races. Hes funny, has no favorite driver and has a strong dislike for the "Lords of Nascar".

This link to an article he wrote kinda sums it up for me ... and Im guessin, alot of you guys too.

http://www.gastongazette.com/Portal/...ay.asp?ID=1315
Old 12-14-2004, 10:18 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

To A TEE!!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2006 Scout 222 Sportfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegirl3
My friend, Monte Dutton, covers the nascar races. Hes funny, has no favorite driver and has a strong dislike for the "Lords of Nascar".

This link to an article he wrote kinda sums it up for me ... and Im guessin, alot of you guys too.

http://www.gastongazette.com/Portal/...ay.asp?ID=1315
EXCELLENT read. Pretty well hit the nail on the head!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 29PC

Yes, excellent read.

Wished I'd known about the "Best of Dale" races. I don't watch a lot of ESPN. But they were great covering Nascar back then, and you could count on them week to week. Now you wonder what time is the race is on, and what network it is on? Fox, NBC, FX, TBS???
Old 12-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Registered

It always amazes the double standard Earnhardt Sr's fans have. They love it when he deliberately knocks a fellow competitor out of his way which amounts to nothing less than literally stealing money from the guy, and proudly label him "The Intimidator". Yet if one of these same fans' fellow workers came along on payday and ripped their paycheck that they've worked hard for the last 2 weeks right out of their hand and said - "I'm taking this from you and there's nothing you can do about it ", they'd scream, fight, and probably run for their gun. As long as its done to someone else they think its its ok and the guy doing it is "cool", but if its done to them - Hey NO FAIR !

The year before Earnhardt got killed I read he had made $ 50 MILLION, thats right in just ONE year. So we've got a guy thats worth probably hundreds of millions of dollars and yet if he can steal another race from a fellow competitor by knocking him out of his way he'll do it in a second. For what the money ? If you say thats racing everybody does it then because he was the senior racer and needed the money the least he should of set the example and said lets race clean from now on. But no he did the opposite even when he needed the money the least.

Earnhardt got EXACTLY what he deserved and the best part of it was HE did it to HIMSELF. I don't wish him to be dead but I am glad he is out of the sport and I now enjoy watching races so much more because he's gone.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Registered

My Boats: '00 45 Sonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDan
It always amazes the double standard Earnhardt Sr's fans have. They love it when he deliberately knocks a fellow competitor out of his way which amounts to nothing less than literally stealing money from the guy, and proudly label him "The Intimidator". Yet if one of these same fans' fellow workers came along on payday and ripped their paycheck that they've worked hard for the last 2 weeks right out of their hand and said - "I'm taking this from you and there's nothing you can do about it ", they'd scream, fight, and probably run for their gun. As long as its done to someone else they think its its ok and the guy doing it is "cool", but if its done to them - Hey NO FAIR !

The year before Earnhardt got killed I read he had made $ 50 MILLION, thats right in just ONE year. So we've got a guy thats worth probably hundreds of millions of dollars and yet if he can steal another race from a fellow competitor by knocking him out of his way he'll do it in a second. For what the money ? If you say thats racing everybody does it then because he was the senior racer and needed the money the least he should of set the example and said lets race clean from now on. But no he did the opposite even when he needed the money the least.

Earnhardt got EXACTLY what he deserved and the best part of it was HE did it to HIMSELF. I don't wish him to be dead but I am glad he is out of the sport and I now enjoy watching races so much more because he's gone.

That was uncalled for.

We are talking about a movie about a man that dove a race car for a living. If you don't like him the stay out of the conversation.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 29PC

FloridaDan,

Go CRY your heart out somewhere else.

Last edited by Team V; 12-15-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:29 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

I think Floridan is a bit on the jealous side......Must be a RAINBOW WARRIOR!!