Notices

American Hotrod

Old 12-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts
Default Re: American Hotrod

Yea i totally agree with you baja about the drama.I quit watching all the shows because of it, and actaully don't like my 12 year old to watch it either, because i think it shows that it's cool to be a loudmouth jerk.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Yeah, I liked him better back when he was a fat guy!

I agree with all the comments and would have fired BlueBear after the third episode..

You have to wonder how much is contrived and scripted...I can't believe he's garnered the kind of rep he has with the shop of fools they have on the show..

I will say my favorite though is Boyd's ex-wife bookeeper.....
Old 12-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Registered

I try and watch the show but the drama, real or not, is disturbing. I hate to hear bad mouthing and belittling and from a boss it is even less professional. It just sounds bad. I think that Boyd guy is a hot head jerk. He manages by scare tactics and belittling. Every question is answered with a sarcastic, mean remark then is answered like it was a stupid question. I hate people who think a stupid question even exists. Why is every show a huge push to deadline, why does something go wrong on every car they build. I think Overhualing is the best of the whole bunch. At least they are civil.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i like pimp my ride , at least they help the common person and do some funky stuff. overhaulin is okay , that's the 1 with foose right??
Old 12-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree about OverHauling. Chip Foose is a top notch guy and they build the cars right. They show how stuff is done and there is no B/S olus the chick is hot. The only thing I don't like is the "stolen car" aspect and the fake police investigation. "Rides" is another one that is okay.

Bring back SpeedVision! Remember "Ship Shape TV?"
Old 12-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
i like pimp my ride , at least they help the common person and do some funky stuff. overhaulin is okay , that's the 1 with foose right??
I like "pimp" too. The only thing I wonder about these shows that take these trashed junk beaters and transform them into nice cars for theirs owners is how long will they stay nice? Most of the owners love their cars but didn't take car of them before so I think after the initial "new" wears off they are going to turn into beaters again. Only car, daily driver, no garage, poor owner = low/no PM, french fries in the back seat, door dings/smashed sheet metal or stolen!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by open72
i would not want to spend big coins on something that is rushed , there is no way that as fast as they do the body work and paint that it doesn't soak up like a sponge in a few weeks.
I agree. That stuff will shrink up no matter what the label says, especially in that southern california sun. It would be interesting to see these cars six months down the road.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

I like "pimp" too. The only thing I wonder about these shows that take these trashed junk beaters and transform them into nice cars for theirs owners is how long will they stay nice? Most of the owners love their cars but didn't take car of them before so I think after the initial "new" wears off they are going to turn into beaters again. Only car, daily driver, no garage, poor owner = low/no PM, french fries in the back seat, door dings/smashed sheet metal or stolen!

i agree , i would think though that they would keep them nice , or at least try to. foose is hot no doubt, but they are doing cars that people have the $$$ to get done. i watched the ian (90210) and they did his camaro ,come on , as if he couldn't afford to have a custom shop build his car the way he wanted or had pictured in his head .

the occ ,to much bs , they need to boot the dad and just let the son build. calm , quiet , creative. but then , what do i know i like hgdtv
Old 12-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I HATE Pimp my Ride. Those cars are done so 1/2 arsed, it's unreal. On close ups you can see the shotty work. And I think Xhibit is a geek. They need a real "hood car guy" and it would be better. It seems obvious to me that Xhibit is a "I got me lots of money now, I'm gonna buy me some phat cars now so I'ze can be a ballin' playa" guy. I feel that to him, it's just a car.

And, I agree with those that if I'm spending $100k plus on a car, I don't want it done in a week, too rushed. I think Foose is doing the cars right on Overhaulin, but they get good guys to do the work, so the car isn't bad when they're done.

And if ANY of you have owned your own business where you've had to hire shop, warehouse, etc ("unskilled labor"), you'd realize why he gave Blue Bear as long as he did. It's hard to find good people (i.e., if he showed up to work, that's hard to find these days). Blue Bear did wind up crossing the "ego line" so he had to go. I've had employees I knew wouldn't work out and needed to be fired, but the work has to get done, and a "body" put on less important tasks is better then no "body" at all. Eventually it works out, but work has to be completed. Now, if Boyd didn't rush the cars in a short period of time, it might be different. Or, MAYBE he kept Blue Bear for the "Hollywood" aspect. Who knows, maybe he wanted to fire him long ago, but the networks wanted to keep him for the drama crap (which I don't like). At some point, Boyd would have had to put his foot down.

Trust me, if you work in a bank or office where everyone has a degree and is professional, you can manage it differently. When you have tha type of place like Boyd, sometimes you need to manage it otherwise. (the "Size 12" style...LOL!)

I didn't see the show, but I knew when the previews said someone was going to be fired, I knew who it was (all of us probably did). As Trump would said "that was an easy one".
Old 12-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

That kills me too. Show biz.....I wish they would make a car for someone that would TRULY appreciate it.

So what do you think will happen to Lance Armstrong's GTO? Will he sell it, keep it, etc?Drive it cross country in the snow & salt? LOL

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.