Notices

Oil Changers

Old 12-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: Oil Changers

Now Will, tell them how you really do it; You trailer it down to the firehouse and have your underlings change the oil! LOL Just bustin' on you. I won't get back to OC until after the holiday but would like to see the boat done. Will you still have it in OC in early January?

We had a heck of a scare with Lenny Berger didn't we! I'm so glad he's getting better.

If I don't talk to you before, have a great holiday and pass my best on to Bill as well.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598

Last edited by O.C.Barry; 12-10-2004 at 06:47 AM. Reason: correction
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Now Will, tell them how you really do it; You trailer it down to the firehouse and have your underlings change the oil! LOL Just bustin' on you. I won't get back to OC until after the holiday but would like to see the boat done. Will you still have it in OC in early January?

We had a heck of a scare with Lenny Berger didn't we! I'm so glad he's getting better.

If I don't talk to you before, have a great holiday and pass my best on to Bill as well.
I wish that I could get the oil changed in the boat that way! I could never do that though. I even feel bad when I take my Chief's vehicle in for service. I drive it every day and I am the one putting the miles on it, so I feel funny having somebody else take care of it. It just doesn't feel right, but that is the way it works.

The boat will still be here in January. I am fairly certain that we are still going to Tampa with it over New Years, but we will only be down there a week or so. I am trying to work the budget to have some more work done over this winter, but that is still up in the air.

I am glad to hear that Lenny Berger is doing better. From what I know of him, he seems to be a good person. Hey, somebody told me the other day that he is considering selling the Cigarette. Any ideas? There aren't that many performance boats around here now, so it would be a shame to lose another one. Besides, I imagine that he loves being out in that boat.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Lenny is a great guy and one of my closest friends. When I had cancer, he was incredible. Of course he being a doctor helped me a lot because he gave me lists of questions for the Oncologist. Lenny and I were partners in the Cigarette and it is now for sale. He may move up to an express cruiser and I will probably take a year or two off. The boat is now in Fort Lauderdale and I doubt that it will return to O.C.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
The boat is now in Fort Lauderdale and I doubt that it will return to O.C.
I am sorry to hear that. That was a nice looking boat, but I am sure that you will find something to replace it some time down the road. Has Rob sold the Tiger yet or does he still have it? That is another really nice setup! I think that he was working on a deal for our old Top Gun, but I don't know what has happened with it.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The Top Gun was a lot of fun, and rigging it kept my mind occupied when I was sick. Lenny and I had a great time with it. Lenny and Kari like to cruise some distances, so when he gets better I can picture him either in an express like a Sunseeker or a sport fish.

I'm not sure what Rob is up to. That is one awesome Tiger. I don't know if you've ridden on it, but it is a fantastic ride. Speaking of that, I've been on '47 Apaches but never rode on RDS Systems / Kid Apache, so I'd like to join you one day if that's okay with you.

You said you'll be down in Tampa in January. You know my house is an hour below Tampa (20 minutes by boat) on Anna Maria Island. My lift isn't in yet, but I do have a 60' slip behind my house. If you ever need a slip, you can keep the boat there gratis.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

The boat will still be here in January. I am fairly certain that we are still going to Tampa with it over New Years, but we will only be down there a week or so. I am trying to work the budget to have some more work done over this winter, but that is still up in the air.
If you are going to be in Tampa over New Years you should gjoin us fo our new years day fun run
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...1&page=1&pp=30
A few guys from Tampa are going to be around for it!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TAT pump.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

O.C.Barry: Thank you for the offer. I will certainly keep you in mind.

BAJABOAT: That would be a lot of fun. Everybody is trying to iron out their schedules now. I really hope this trip pans out!

Too Old: Thanks for the info. I will be in touch. I want to pick your brain and feel out all of my options before I make a decision. I need to talk to you anyway because I need to order a pair of the nice fire extinguishers for the Peterbilt. Again, I'll be in touch.