Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O/T free kitten to good home in Sarasota (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91979-o-t-free-kitten-good-home-sarasota.html)

Ryan Beckley 12-07-2004 08:41 PM

O/T free kitten to good home in Sarasota

No I am not giving away a CAT boat. It is a little furry black and white kitten I found. I have 2 large dogs and can't have a cat. Please help or it's gotta go to the shelter. email [email protected] or [email protected] would make a great christmas gift comes with cage, litter box, bowls etc.

OffshoreOnly 12-07-2004 08:48 PM

Re: O/T free kitten to good home in Sarasota

lets see a picture

Formula Outlaw 12-07-2004 08:49 PM

Ryan, if I didn't already have four dogs, four cats, two birds, and a psycho lope eared dwarf bunny rabbit named "Elroy", Deb and I would take it. I'll ask around.
Russ

Ryan Beckley 12-07-2004 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lets see if this helps.

C_Spray 12-08-2004 01:26 AM

Oh, MAN!!! Talk about a heartbreaker...

Wasabe 12-08-2004 01:46 AM

I want it Hun. Peeeeeeeeeeeeese? Merry Christmas Hun. :bunny:

Jassman 12-08-2004 05:29 AM

Ryan, you might as well keep her, you will get so attatched to her, then you will feel bad taking her to the pound, cause you eventually know what will happen. Eventually the other dogs will accept her, she will be able to defend herself in about 9 months. I find cats all the time on jobsites, wash em up, call SPCA and regerster them, we were up to 11 cats at one time,(PITA) my wife was called the Cat Lady. Down to 5 for the last year, thats enough. I wish you good luck getting rid of her.Jeff

Formula Outlaw 12-08-2004 06:20 AM

Ryan, I screwed up and mentioned this to my wife. I have a feeling she'll want to take IF it is a female cat. Do you know which gender it is, and when they are young, don't laugh now, it's sometimes kind of hard to tell. When she brought "Nimrod" home it was given to her as a female, but he was a male.

Ryan Beckley 12-08-2004 07:19 AM

We are not a 100% sure what the sex is , but a few people have told us it was a girl. Its just so tiny to tell. Call me !

Wasabe 12-08-2004 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You have to be very careful with Kittens. The get attached very quickly. They need a Mom. Human that is. Cats have emotions and if you look closey at their face you can see it.

Russ I hope your wife takes the Kitty. If you keep her/him indoors your vet bill will be cheap. I recomend getting insurance for the little tike. It has help us.

Here's the site
http://www.petinsurance.com/

Gizzmo was 2 months when I bought him. 2k. I know insane. Well he caught a viral (airborne) disease from another cat in the shop. He ended up with a collapsed lung. It was so sad. He couldn't breathe and you could see him turning blue. Thank God the hospital was 2 miles away and it was 2 in the morning. I got there fast. He spent most of his time in an incubator. It was so bad I ended up leaving my job for 5 months to stay at the hospital. I didn't want anything to happen to him. In the end he had no kitten life but he recovered 100% and is now our little punka$$. The pet shop paid for half of his bills and VPI paid 25% percent of what was left over.
You of course pay up front. If the paper work is filled correctly by the Vet you'll get a refund in 2 weeks.
So keep indoors to keep out diseases and remember that diseases are animal specific. Only another cat can get your cat sick. An air purifier is a good thing to have too.

Formula Outlaw 12-08-2004 05:14 PM

Two grand for a cat?????????

That's more than I've spent on cars.

Formula Outlaw 12-08-2004 05:20 PM

Okay Ryan, the picture did us in. Deb says "thanks a lot" for the picture. We'll take her if she's female. I'll call you tomorrow.

Deb says your girlfriend has to take up a collection at "Tasty Home" to have her spade.

Wasabe 12-08-2004 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Two grand for a cat?????????

That's more than I've spent on cars.

medical bills were somthing like 6,225 approx. Gizzmo is worth that and more. He's our family.

Wasabe 12-08-2004 06:17 PM

Okay Ryan, the picture did us in. Deb says "thanks a lot" for the picture. We'll take her if she's female. I'll call you tomorrow.

Deb says your girlfriend has to take up a collection at "Tasty Home" to have her spade.

Russ tell Deb to look at the screen!

Deb
>>>>>>>>>Virtual Hug<<<<<<<<<< yeah the kitty has a home!

Von Bongo 12-08-2004 07:03 PM

When I was 9 I spent $20 for a shetland pony and got a saddle and bridle too. Had to walk her home and put her in the back yard until dad could haul her to the farm. Mom was less than amused.

I thought I got a great deal and now when I see a $6K cat I KNOW I got a great deal. :eek:

Formula Outlaw 12-08-2004 07:18 PM

Jenn, our animals are our family too, I know EXACTLY what you mean. And looking at the picture is what "did Deb in".

US1 Fountain 12-08-2004 07:33 PM

Great, A happy ending! :evilb:

Audiofn 12-08-2004 07:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Wassabee what one up there is the cat :D:D

I never liked cats. Then we went to the pound to look for a dog and there was ours. SOLD we love him. Always there to great me when I walk in the door and flop down in front of me to say PET ME PET ME. Mercury has made our lives better :D:D

Audiofn 12-08-2004 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plus if this cat could talk he would say YANKEES SUCK. He attched Jetter when he was up to bat :D:D

Audiofn 12-08-2004 08:22 PM

Formula you da man. That is one cute cat. If I was closer I would have been on it.... :D:D

Jon

Wasabe 12-08-2004 08:51 PM

Jenn, our animals are our family too, I know EXACTLY what you mean. And looking at the picture is what "did Deb in".

When you get her take pics and post the new family! :bunny:

RollWithIt 12-08-2004 08:55 PM

You guys are all sick. Sick I tell ya! :p

Wasabe 12-08-2004 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Kinda like looking in the mirror, huh? :evilb:

Oh snap.

For anyone who didn't know...
Don't give cat milk. It's too acidic. It's hurts their lining in the tummy. They have special milk and it cheap. Like 2 bucks.

Formula Outlaw 12-08-2004 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wasabe
When you get her take pics and post the new family! :bunny:

That's a big will do.

Ryan Beckley 12-08-2004 09:56 PM

umm......upon further inspection I think we might have a boy????? I am not vet but it seems to have a furry lite set of nads just like THE CLOWN.

BK 12-09-2004 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My cat Misty.

She is one of three.

When she was only a couple months old, I found her near the portapotty's at a small west Texas lake, on the Fourth Of July. It was over 100 degrees.

She's indoor-only now ;)

All the cats we have were found by us. Or should I say, they found us :D

masher44 12-09-2004 02:07 PM

Lets name the Cat!

Hey Formula, Maybe you should go with Ms. Probert!

Cam
Lyndon

Formula Outlaw 12-09-2004 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Lets name the Cat!

Hey Formula, Maybe you should go with Ms. Probert!

Cam
Lyndon

I'm saving "Lyndon" for my next male Doberman. :D :D

I spoke with Ryan about an hour ago and we'll pick up the kitty tomorrow after work. His better half has named her "Annabelle" and Deb says we'll stick with that.

masher44 12-09-2004 05:33 PM

I spoke with Ryan about an hour ago and we'll pick up the kitty tomorrow after work. His better half has named her "Annabelle" and Deb says we'll stick with that.

Now youre talking!

Get :argue: two... one Lyndon and one Byers!

Wasabe 12-09-2004 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
umm......upon further inspection I think we might have a boy????? I am not vet but it seems to have a furry lite set of nads just like THE CLOWN.

Well it's hard to tell on a cat. Their nads are located internally. They are located on the right and the left of the butt hole. If you know what feel for you'll know.

I worked at a vet office years ago. Go touch it and tells us what you find. Oh and don't smell your finger :D:D:D

Formula Outlaw 12-09-2004 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Now youre talking!

Get :argue: two... one Lyndon and one Byers!

Now WHY didn't I think of that????? :D :D

Wasabe 12-09-2004 08:33 PM

Be sure not to argue in front of the cats. They get really really scared. Sometimes they could get a complex. Like peeing where the shouldn't or dumping. The can also scratch until the have a bald spot. It's funny when you start to yell they will either sit in front of you (telling you to shut the hell up) or go under the couch or bed.
Gizzy and Sheba keep Jeffrey and I from yelling. :woohoo:
If you decided to de-claw the younger the better. I didn't because if accidentally they got out I wanted them to be able to defend them selfs. I have scratch posts through out the house. They are like women. SENSITIVE! eek.

I'll be sure to log on early to hear about the ride home with your new daughter.

Formula Outlaw 12-09-2004 08:39 PM

Jenn, we already have four cats, Natty, Nimrod, Faith, and Hope. That goes along with the four dogs, Cody, Bella (sweet little Belle), Daffy aka Cattledog, and "Bernice" (pronounced Ber-nis) (named after my paternal grandmother) the horrible. (the Doberman who loves to play keep away with the remote and is always under the bed, we have retrieved that remote at least three thousand times in three years. Damn dog...) PLUS, two birds, Pineapple and Peaches (Cockatiel and Love Bird) and Elroy the psyco dwarf white lope-eared bunny rabbit.

It's a friggin zoo.

Wasabe 12-09-2004 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Holy Daaaayum. Outside your front door does it say vacancy?

I'm working on this dog right now.

Wasabe 12-09-2004 08:49 PM

That was taken just a few hours ago.

He has blue eyes.

Formula Outlaw 12-09-2004 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=Wasabe]Holy Daaaayum. Outside your front door does it say vacancy?

QUOTE]

No it says:

"the Zoo"

children under 12 free

Wasabe 12-10-2004 12:01 AM

Chengmiester

Notice anything at the very bottom of post 10.

:rolleyes:

kitten 12-10-2004 03:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup, he must be shy!!! :chick:

Here is my brood....

Formula Outlaw 12-10-2004 06:51 AM

Re: Chengmiester

Originally Posted by Wasabe
Notice anything at the very bottom of post 10.

:rolleyes:

Actually I'm so unacccustomed to seeing the remote lying in the open on the sofa I missed it. Ours is either: under the bed, in the Doberman's mouth heading for under the bed, on the table behind the big lamp where she can't quite reach it (which pisses her off), on top of the TV, in our hand which gets old, and no matter what, it ends up back under the bed.

So far I have threatened to ram it down her throat, stick it up her backside, wire it to a wall outlet, cover it with habenaro peper sauce, but of course these are only idle threats when I'm getting up for the sixth time in one night to go get the damn remote.

"Bernis" is BY FAR the smartest dog I've ever seen. She has the intelligence quotient of about a 4/5 year old child. No matter where you hide it she can find it. She can plan something out in advance and execute it better than me. She controls all the other animals, no by physical force, but my mental mind games. If "Cattledog" is in her chair, Bernis will go up to the front of the house and bark out the window which of course brings Cattledog running to see what's up, then Bernis just wheels around and hops up in her chair and just sits there and grins. Literally grins. I gotta make a video, or a Made for TV movie about her. "Life with Bernis". She also considers "Elroy" the bunny rabbit, HER bunny rabbit. If any of the other dogs "crowd" Elroy too much, the wrath of Bernis is upon them instantly. She spends half an hour licking Elroy's ears. And if one of the other dogs comes with five feet of her when she's doing that, they receive the old lips behind the ears snarl. Don't screw with Bernis when she's lovering up Elroy.

I'm telling you it's a friggin zoo, but cheap entertainment. And just the feeling we get when we walk through the door makes it all worth it. They are all just so happy to see us.

Wasabe 12-10-2004 11:58 AM

Re: Chengmiester

Actually I'm so unacccustomed to seeing the remote lying in the open on the sofa I missed it. Ours is either: under the bed, in the Doberman's mouth heading for under the bed, on the table behind the big lamp where she can't quite reach it (which pisses her off), on top of the TV, in our hand which gets old, and no matter what, it ends up back under the bed.

So far I have threatened to ram it down her throat, stick it up her backside, wire it to a wall outlet, cover it with habenaro peper sauce, but of course these are only idle threats when I'm getting up for the sixth time in one night to go get the damn remote.

"Bernis" is BY FAR the smartest dog I've ever seen. She has the intelligence quotient of about a 4/5 year old child. No matter where you hide it she can find it. She can plan something out in advance and execute it better than me. She controls all the other animals, no by physical force, but my mental mind games. If "Cattledog" is in her chair, Bernis will go up to the front of the house and bark out the window which of course brings Cattledog running to see what's up, then Bernis just wheels around and hops up in her chair and just sits there and grins. Literally grins. I gotta make a video, or a Made for TV movie about her. "Life with Bernis". She also considers "Elroy" the bunny rabbit, HER bunny rabbit. If any of the other dogs "crowd" Elroy too much, the wrath of Bernis is upon them instantly. She spends half an hour licking Elroy's ears. And if one of the other dogs comes with five feet of her when she's doing that, they receive the old lips behind the ears snarl. Don't screw with Bernis when she's lovering up Elroy.

I'm telling you it's a friggin zoo, but cheap entertainment. And just the feeling we get when we walk through the door makes it all worth it. They are all just so happy to see us.

Even after an hour they still run to the door. It's nice to know there are animal lovers.

Jeffery deleted the pics of him and Gizzmo. It say's "last edited my Jeffery" :rolleyes: