Notices

Simple Y-Pipe Question

Old 12-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Y-Pipe Question

I have an old (91) Y-pipe tht was leaking inside the boat. I sealed off the exhaust on the transon plate to prevent the leaking that had a just ran straight pipes. I have twins and do not run the silent choice now for obvious reasons. Anyway, I am pulling the motor this winter and had a Y-pipe question. Have these pipes changed at all. While I have the engine out, I am going to replace the y-pipe. I have seen some advertised on E-bay, but want to make sure they have not changed. I am running 496's.

Thanks Mike
Old 12-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Registered

Default Re: Simple Y-Pipe Question

Hey Mike,
Long time no talk! Are you talking about on the APACHE? Need a place to pull the engines? Not sure on the y-pipe question though. A lot of times, if you're not going to run any exhaust through the drive, just seal off where the y-pipes mount on the inner transom assembly. Let me know if I can help.

Robert
Old 12-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

I assume you have, Bravo's. They are the same from 1988 on. I will sell you a pair (brand new) for $125 each, special OSO price

954 545 8681
Old 12-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered

Tonto,

Yes, Apache!

Did not see you all summer on the lake, I hope all is well. By the way congrats on the wedding, I was hoping to see you this past summer to congratulate you in person. Anyway, I sealed it off a couple of years ago and have to pull one of the motors due to water pressure problem (wtaer in oil), head gasket possible, also no oil pressure ? I though while the engine is out I would replace the old leaking y-pipe so I could hook my silent choice back up. I have a source set up to pull the engine and it should come out next weekend. Once pulled, it is going to Grimes where it was built. It is good to hear from you, keep in touch.

Thanks Mike
Old 12-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

If you don't want SC and you never plan on getting it I would remove them and put the cover on. You could sell the Y pipes for a pretty penny also. If there is ever a chance you will get SC before you pull the motors again I would reseal them and leave them.