Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pier 57 and Jason Presley what happened?? >

Pier 57 and Jason Presley what happened??

Notices

Pier 57 and Jason Presley what happened??

Old 12-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Pier 57 and Jason Presley what happened??

I agree sean and I am not shifting blame, both parties fugged up....However Many people get into this sport with no sense of reality. Therefore in a team situation should the "TEAM"be put in a position where they have to make or are about to make alife or death deciion..heavy resposability will fall on the more experienced crew.

Just my thoughts

If you put your best friend behind the wheel and pined the stix ...he gets loose and almost crashes ...who would you blame......see what I mean. (assuming your best friend does not know how to drive a boat

maximus
Old 12-16-2004, 08:13 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i blame anybody involved on that team, there had to be some people that knew that eventually he would lock up or do something stupid on the race course, anybody can go out in the open and steer at 140 when nobody is around, put 25 other boats around you and throw in some turns and somebody on that team should of stepped up and asked him if he could handle it... i think it is no different than somebody showing up at the lake with the lastest and greatest 150 cat or 110 v and not having a clue how to use it except to pin the sticks... i guess there is no law against stupidity...
Old 12-16-2004, 04:57 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
i blame anybody involved on that team, there had to be some people that knew that eventually he would lock up or do something stupid on the race course, anybody can go out in the open and steer at 140 when nobody is around, put 25 other boats around you and throw in some turns and somebody on that team should of stepped up and asked him if he could handle it... i think it is no different than somebody showing up at the lake with the lastest and greatest 150 cat or 110 v and not having a clue how to use it except to pin the sticks... i guess there is no law against stupidity...
I blame the race course and the other boats......... After all the race course turned first..... Jason didn't..... and then the other guys...doing "monkey see Monkey do"....all turned left at the same time. .... Poor Jason had nothing to do but either "follow the crowd" and betray the character he played so scrupulously....and piously on TV....... or be a rugged individualist...... and go straight.

I admire the midget...... He stuck to his guns...and Dan Campbell supported him like a tight jock strap in his efforts. When you think about it these guys were heros....yeah that's it.... heros!

Man I'll sleep better tonite knowing that Jason and Dan maintained their integrity while everyone else was lost in the "turn left" fad of that moment.

You have to admit that everyone else in that race did not get nearly as much publicity or notoriety as the dynamic duo........ Hammerhands and The Sparrow.

As a matter of fact who else was in the race????? Do you even remember them?

I rest my case........

"Incompetence done in a public forum is heroic"

Or

"It takes guts to be a dunce".

T2x.......... just your basic 90210 groupie

Last edited by T2x; 12-16-2004 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I blame the race course and the other boats......... After all the race course turned first..... Jason didn't..... and then the other guys...doing "monkey see Monkey do"....all turned left at the same time. .... Poor Jason had nothing to do but either "follow the crowd" and betray the character he played so scrupulously....and piously on TV....... or be a rugged individualist...... and go straight.

I admire the midget...... He stuck to his guns...and Dan Campbell supported him like a tight jock strap in his efforts. When you think about it these guys were heros....yeah that's it.... heros!

Man I'll sleep better tonite knowing that Jason and Dan maintained their integrity while everyone else was lost in the "turn left" fad of that moment.

You have to admit that everyone else in that race did not get nearly as much publicity or notoriety as the dynamic duo........ Hammerhands and The Sparrow.

I rest my case........

"Incompetence done in a public forum is heroic"

Or

"It takes guts to be a dunce".

T2x.......... just your basic 90210 groupie
You're such a card...... too funny....
Old 12-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not that hard to remember Pier 57 being in the race, albeit for a short time.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luke Perry ( Dylan ) woulda gone straight too. They were the iconoclasts, the righteous rebels. Steve Sanders woulda been the first to turn left. . . . although he DID have the sideburns, kinda.

Then Luke woulda gone home and ****ed Shannon Dougherty ( Brenda ) until her eyes straightened out. . . although my personal favorite was Tiffany-Amber Thiessen ( Valerie Malone ) . . . yikes - very pneumatic.