Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Power of OSO is amazing!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92897-power-oso-amazing.html)

Dean Ferry 12-21-2004 03:52 PM

The Power of OSO is amazing!!!

Some of you might have read about my problem with my new boat, (2000 Nordic 35' Flame) being stuck in Phoenix because my boat hauler's truck broke down there. I posted on OSO that I was looking for a boat hauler ASAP. :( I got a few responses and recommendations and I called a couple of haulers, but no luck, all the haulers were either busy or it was to close to XMAS.
WELL.... I then get a PM from OSO's "Kachina Ken" saying that he was headed from Phoenix, to Louisiana, for x-mas and that if I wanted, he would haul my boat to Louisiana,:D Ken and I swapped a couple of phone calls and e-mails, and NOW my boat is on the road, in New Mexico, on it's way to Louisana, and eventually to my house. I've got to get it from Louisiana
If it wasn't for Ken, (via OSO) coming to our RESCUE, we wouldn't have our new boat for the XMAS-New Years holiday break! :drink: Yes, we will be boating between XMAS and New Years! :drink:
Ken and OSO, thank you very much!! Ken, the drinks are on me!
Happy Holidays,
Dean

CigDaze 12-21-2004 03:55 PM

Re: The Power of OSO is amazing!!!

Awesome. Glad to hear your boat's enroute again.

Way to go, Ken!!

:cool: :)

MitchStellin 12-21-2004 04:02 PM

"now my boat is on the road....in Mexico? Good luck seeing that again :D Wasn't Ken "Bruce" in another time on this Board :eek: :D Congrats, you are right, this is a powerful Board. :D

Ms PatriYacht 12-21-2004 04:14 PM

Wow that is really nice of him, I hope he is good driver :D Happy holidays and enjoy your new ride

Allan4 12-21-2004 04:21 PM

Is that the same Ken who no longer has insurance due to the 7 DUI's and 3 high speed chases?

;)

BajaFresh 12-21-2004 04:25 PM

How come your not already on the road to Louisiana instead of posting here ? :D :D

Glad it worked out for you!

Dean Ferry 12-21-2004 04:29 PM

BF,
I'm working right now, BUT tomorrow, I'll be on my way.

Allen4,
You are still a PUTZ :drink:

MD

WesSmith 12-21-2004 04:32 PM

Class act, Ken ! :D

CAP071 12-21-2004 04:34 PM

And how many hours were on that boat when you bought it ? :D :drink:

Allan4 12-21-2004 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
BF,
I'm working right now, BUT tomorrow, I'll be on my way.

Allen4,
You are still a PUTZ :drink:

MD

Yes yes.....I know :)

jordy 12-21-2004 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Allan4
Is that the same Ken who no longer has insurance due to the 7 DUI's and 3 high speed chases?

;)

Living in Phoenix and knowing Kachina Ken, I would say that it's one in the same. We live on opposite sides of town for a reason. :D

Glad it worked out for ya. :cool:

HiPerf2000 12-21-2004 05:36 PM

Is Ken still in the Business of Parting Out Nordics??? :eek: :D

Glad to hear it worked out !!

CAP071 12-21-2004 05:37 PM

I just bought 2 motors off him last week he said they would be coming in by Christmas :D

Waterfoul 12-21-2004 05:43 PM

... and I have a set of drives being dropped off this week... like new... only paid $500 each!!

105mph_38_2003 12-21-2004 06:20 PM

LMFAO-all you guys are hilarious :D

I have had many members help me out too :cool:

OSO is a great family to be a part of :evilb:

ps-Ken if you read this I raised the $100 you wanted for those props so just drop them off when you cross TX :D

OldSchool 12-21-2004 06:35 PM

Great news!! Dean, I've got to tell you again, Your new boat is Awesome!!! Great Lines.

Way to go Ken!!

mcraymond3 12-21-2004 07:06 PM

That's great! There is nothing worse than hoping your boat or part will make it in time for the next weekend. I am glad everything worked out. Way to go Ken.

Panic Button 12-21-2004 07:26 PM

I've seen him at Havasu a couple of time, he always has a U-Haul full of good parts cheap :eek: Now I know how he does it.

ratman 12-21-2004 08:13 PM

pm me if they show the boat chase scenes on cops. this is gonna be kewl to watch maybe even bettern OJ's chase. :evilb: go ken go....

Anarchy Powerboats 12-21-2004 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Kachina Ken reporting live from a Flying J parking lot in Texas (really they have wireless here) my faithful sidekick dalmation MJ and I are doing the waltz across Texas onward to the coon ass state of LA where I must admit I am originally from HAHA. Here is a pose of your new bad boy behind the mighty Dodge. I swear more people are craining their necks to see this thing then they ever do for MY 30', it's like they have never seen a left coast boat around here......... She is a beauty though.
Kenny

Anarchy Powerboats 12-21-2004 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And my lazy ass co-pilot MJ

offthefront 12-21-2004 08:38 PM

;)

naw this is the Ken that lost a load last year ... :evilb:

Edward R. Cozzi 12-21-2004 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by offthefront
naw this is the Ken that lost a load last year ... :evilb:

I think towing a boat is a violation of his probation.

jordy 12-21-2004 08:54 PM

I don't see any drives in that pic. He must have pulled them off already. :D

masher44 12-21-2004 09:02 PM

:D :D :D

Originally Posted by CAP071
I just bought 2 motors off him last week he said they would be coming in by Christmas :D

masher44 12-21-2004 09:04 PM

HOLY ****!!! I was just coming home from dinner and a BadAss Nordic Flame passed me on a trailer doing 90 !!!! Not a big deal to see a big boat going down the road .... just a big deal seeing a Nordic doing 90.... :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

fatdaddy 12-21-2004 10:58 PM

Way to go Ken.

masher44 12-21-2004 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just saw it again!!! That is sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!! Seems to look slightly different than when it left NM?

jordy 12-21-2004 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
HOLY ****!!! I was just coming home from dinner and a BadAss Nordic Flame passed me on a trailer doing 90 !!!! Not a big deal to see a big boat going down the road .... just a big deal seeing a Nordic doing 90.... :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

I don't buy that for a second. Ken's pulling it with a Dodge. Then again, without the engines, drives, bolsters, and who knows what all else, that might be possible. :D

Audiofn 12-21-2004 11:17 PM

Man you guys are brutal :D:D

Jon

Anarchy Powerboats 12-21-2004 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by jordy
I don't buy that for a second. Ken's pulling it with a Dodge. Then again, without the engines, drives, bolsters, and who knows what all else, that might be possible. :D

Maaaaaaaan, when I get back home Jordy...... The Dodge is a pulling Ma cheeen! To quote Mandelon, "say it like a Vato ese!
Back on the road.
Kenny

Dean Ferry 12-22-2004 05:46 AM

Ken,
Looking great bro', keep on trucking buddy, and don't pay attention to all these funny guys! I'll talk to you later today.
To all you LOSERS on this thread, and you know who you are, I can't really blame you for being so FUNNY, especially if:

1. Your boat is slower and or smaller than my NORDIC! :D

2. IF you live up north and your boat is already winterized for the year! :D
I'll be boating on Xmas Eve, Ho, Ho, Ho!

3. Especially if you don't even OWN a boat, (I.E CAP071) :eek:!! Hey CAP071, I've got 2 boats, I'll sell you my old boat, 1996 280 Velocity/HP500, at a real good deal, so you don't have to be "Boatless" anymore!
Happy Holidays and Merry Xmas to me! :D
Nordic Dean

Jan 12-22-2004 06:51 AM

Way to Help out Ken!!

Dean glad everything is working out for you.

Jan

DanB 12-22-2004 07:32 AM

Have a safe trip Dean..see ya in Sarasota

Dan

BajaBennett 12-22-2004 07:42 AM

Ken,
Thanks for stepping up and helping a fellow OSO member out. That is what this site is all about. I went out to California for the sea trail on Dean's new toy and he is one very excited boater as any of us would be. If you had not been able to bring this XMas present to him, I could just see Dean and me in his old Ford on our way to Az.

As for the rest of you guys, you are tough!!!!!! Dean is going to have a nervious break down if that thing doesn't get hear soon. Keep up the good work guys (Ha. Ha.)
Dail

Dean Ferry 12-22-2004 08:12 AM

Baja Bennett
What do mean "Old Ford? She seems to do great whenever you need to borrow her to pull your boat! :D
I'll call you later
Nordic Dean

HiPerf2000 12-22-2004 08:26 AM

CAPO did buy another boat this Season......a 27 Rinker. I raced him on one motor and won by 20 boat lengths :D

Strip Poker 388 12-22-2004 09:18 AM

Hey Ken congratulations on the liter of 10 your Dalmation MJ had in Texas :eek: I bet she's liking the new boat smell , especially with all that cabin room :D Ken I have never seen a Dalmation like Taco bell so much?Weird . :D :D

Dean and Ken good luck on yall's trip ,Hope yall be safe :D

Rob

Dean Ferry 12-22-2004 09:21 AM

s30,
# 2 was not directed @ all northern boaters, just the ones that are busting my balls.
ND

R Addiction 12-22-2004 09:32 AM

Is that the same Ken who no longer has insurance due to the 7 DUI's and 3 high speed chases?;)

That is friggin' funny!! But even though I don't know you, the concensus on the board is that you are a putz!! :D