Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chemo Sucks! Crappy Christmas present. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93058-chemo-sucks-crappy-christmas-present.html)

dyno 12-23-2004 04:51 PM

Chemo Sucks! Crappy Christmas present.

Well my father has gone through 15 weeks of Chemo for his Cancer he had a catscan this week and an appointment with his Doc today,we were hoping for one more treatment and then I'd get him on a plane south to Fort Meyers. Well to make a long story short the mass is only down by about 25% so he needs another 16 weeks.....bummer :( Hope he has it in him.....So do me a favor and give your Fathers a huge hug this Christmas and keep Dad in your prayers.
Thanks
Don

The Menace 12-23-2004 04:56 PM

Re: Chemo Sucks! Crappy Christmas present.

Thank God it is in recession.

Hey, they have chemo in Fort Myers too! Have the doc get him hooked up down there!

R Addiction 12-23-2004 05:00 PM

You and your father are in our thoughts.

I wish I could but I lost my father 31 years ago to a heart attack. Think about him on a daily if not hourly basis. :)

Formula Outlaw 12-23-2004 05:01 PM

Sorry to hear that. Help him "will" his way through it. Attitude is everything. He'll be okay.

bajabob38 12-23-2004 05:11 PM

Dyno.

Having been through this with my Father a couple yrs back and can say I feel your pain, I hope your Father gets well soon, He will be in my prayers tonight.

GLH 12-23-2004 05:17 PM

Wish all of you guys the best he saounds like a fighter, that will help him.

SOX 12-23-2004 05:31 PM

dyno,

I'll keep your father in my prayers. My dad is battling cancer too, fortunatly no chemo but it's still no picnic. Stay strong for him and keep positive.

ROB

NJgr8ful 12-23-2004 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by dyno
=...So do me a favor and give your Fathers a huge hug this Christmas and keep Dad in your prayers.
Thanks
Don

He is still here for you to hug. ;) Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season.

fountain1fan 12-23-2004 05:57 PM

dyno my brother has jest been throught it. he is doing better , they took the port out 2 weekes ago. he had a stem cell transplant we have our fingers crossed . your family is in our prayers. robbie

CAP071 12-23-2004 06:37 PM

I will keep him in my Prayers.

I know how you feel.

When I was 18 we spent christmas in NY with my brother awaiting a bone marrow transplant. :(

GOD BLESS

Edward R. Cozzi 12-23-2004 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
You and your father are in our thoughts.

I wish I could but I lost my father 31 years ago to a heart attack. Think about him on a daily if not hourly basis. :)

Boy, did your post hit home. Lost my dad in August of 1986 and it is still the worst day of my life.
I started telling him at the end of every phone conversation that I loved him for about a year before he died. It was awkward at first, but it got easier as time went on. Glad I did it.
Wish I could tell him one more time.

Dyno: Your pop is in my prayers.

candyman35 12-23-2004 07:34 PM

Don,
We will keep your Dad in our prayers.
Dan & Vicki

RedDog382 12-23-2004 07:36 PM

Dyno,

Still have you and your dad in my thoughts. Hope you have a good Christmas together. Give me a ring if you need anything!

Chris

Crazyhorse 12-23-2004 08:32 PM

Don, I'm here if you need me. Call anytime, day or night. Dave

Tempest38 12-23-2004 08:58 PM

Dyno,
Your Dad, Your family, and his medical staff are in my thoughts and Prayers. I'm pullin' for all of ya.
Don

gdfatha 12-23-2004 09:10 PM

You and your dad are in our prayers..

Audiofn 12-23-2004 09:15 PM

Dyno I am very sorry that you and he have to go through that and for the delay. I am sure that he will get through it and don't forget that you still have time to spend with him now....

Jon

MitchStellin 12-23-2004 09:22 PM

Hang in there Don, cherish these Holidays, as I know you will, and we will all keep your Family in our prayers. Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

dyno 12-24-2004 09:47 AM

Going there now he had a rough night.....nothing a 3 year old Grand daughter cant fix!! He's convinced himself that its his last Christmas....got to talk him back into a fighting spirit.

Waterfoul 12-24-2004 10:37 AM

Dang Don, he just can't get a break. Tell him I said hi and that I hope he feels better soon.

You might want to check into that chemo in Florida thing mentioned above.... there are doctors in every town... shouldn't have to stay here if you ask me. The trip down might be a struggle, but maybe it would be worth it???

Mike

Tantrum 12-24-2004 10:40 AM

Our thought and prayers are with you and your familly

mkramer 12-24-2004 12:28 PM

God Bless you and your family, we'll all pray for you...

Merry Christmas

Tricky919 12-24-2004 12:36 PM

God Bless.....

dyno 12-24-2004 03:56 PM

The visit from my daughter seemed to cheer him up..our Family Christmas party has been put on hold, my niece has the flu and if exposed it might put my Dad in the hospital so we will shoot for Sunday. Hope you all have a great holiday and enjoy every second with your families life is short enjoy it.
Don

fatdaddy 12-24-2004 04:09 PM

Don, Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery for your Dad.

R Addiction 12-24-2004 10:54 PM

Don, Merry Christmas!! You and your family are in my thoughts!!

dyno 12-27-2004 05:23 AM

Got through the holiday Ok, Dad seamed to hold up pretty well. Starts the the Chemo protical today at 9:00 am this is going to suck three days in a row every 21 days....

wrinkleface 12-27-2004 01:12 PM

Don, best wishes for your Dad. Hope his treatment will help him and give him a better quality of life! Take care, Wrink

Tbonepmp 12-27-2004 04:07 PM

God Bless

dyno 12-28-2004 07:21 AM

Thanks all! Hows it going Wrink? Looks like Dad will have chemo every 21 days 3 days in a row with a golden shot on the 4th day of the cycle. Dang that alot of poison hope he can take it, anyone familiar with this type of program?

Biggus 12-28-2004 07:32 AM

dyno, I wish your dad the best. :(

Kurt

Tabasco Cat 12-28-2004 10:24 AM

Dyno,
I wish your father the best of luck. My girlfriend will be going through the same 3 day every 21 day chemo treatment once she has completed her radiation; which is to start after the new year.

Best of luck and god bless,
Greg

castaway 12-28-2004 11:12 AM

what if???? the government really has a cure for cancer, common cold, hiv, so on but won't release it because diseases are the government's only form of population control????

God Bless..... Your father is in my thoughts!

dyno 12-28-2004 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by castaway
what if???? the government really has a cure for cancer, common cold, hiv, so on but won't release it because diseases are the government's only form of population control????

NOT FUNNY

dockrocker 12-28-2004 07:51 PM

Who let Catmando back on the board? :rolleyes:

Dumbass.

NJgr8ful 12-28-2004 10:49 PM

Then 3 years ago my Mom would have died of cancer at 53 years young for population control :( :( very depressing thought ,,, thanks

Quiet Storm 12-28-2004 11:20 PM

Don

I wish your father and the rest of you the best of luck. I know this is hard for all of you.

Roger

castaway 12-29-2004 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
Then 3 years ago my Mom would have died of cancer at 53 years young for population control :( :( very depressing thought ,,, thanks

i did not mean any disrespect when i made that comment... it's just something i've always wondered... i apologize if i offended anyone.

NJgr8ful 12-29-2004 01:15 AM

i did not mean any disrespect when i made that comment... it's just something i've always wondered... i apologize if i offended anyone.

Thanks castaway ... holidays are sometimes rough times when thinking about these things and whether it was fair / unfair / why / how / what else could have been done ... etc etc etc

No offense taken .... just missing Moms :( ;) Have a great New Years and like Dyno says ... give everyone you love an extral long meaningful hug the next chance you have ..

stecz20 12-29-2004 01:45 AM

hey dyno know where your coming from. my mom just got done with her chemo for the second go around. first when i was in high school, and now. she was put on a very aggressive chemo and had to go to the doctor everyday for 8 months for shots before her chemo . this time around was tough on her, and the family. sometimes its just as hard on the family as the patient. thoughts are with ya, this is her week to get her final tests back. keep him strong.....