DCB 29' at LOTO Shootout - 105mph

Old 12-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Default Re: DCB 29' at LOTO Shootout - 105mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I haven't seen results anywhere. There is an "official" website that officially sucks.

If anyone has results by class, let me know.
That's right, it isn't great. http://www.lakeshootout.com/index.cfm
Old 12-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Registered

There isn't enough room in a mile long track for many cats to hit their top speeds, most take two or three. It takes a while to air them out. If dave scott had enough room he may hit 220, from what I am told. I only topped out at 104 in a mile, in that same day I ran 111 in about one and a half miles. Callan has done some amazing work to hit 203 in a standing start mile!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Registered

Cool Re: DCB 29' at LOTO Shootout - 105mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP071
150 MPH in a 29 That's asking to get killed

That's crazy if true
Jimmy's DCB F-29 did 150+ MPH (GPS) with Merc 900's and sixes. It's the one for sale in the back of Powerboat last month (all white open bow).

http://www.sdcrew.com/Movie/6Rooster.mpeg
Old 12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Registered

My Boats: 02 HUSTLER SLINGSHOT

thats not the 29 in family and performance boat ,this one is red and black.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:57 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by open wide
There isn't enough room in a mile long track for many cats to hit their top speeds, most take two or three. It takes a while to air them out. If dave scott had enough room he may hit 220, from what I am told. I only topped out at 104 in a mile, in that same day I ran 111 in about one and a half miles. Callan has done some amazing work to hit 203 in a standing start mile!
most guys don't always prop for top speed at the shootout, the prop for good acceleration so they can make the most out of the mile they got, that only applies to boats that can't reach their top speed in a mile, most boats can...
Old 12-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 Spectre 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin
Jimmy's DCB F-29 did 150+ MPH (GPS) with Merc 900's and sixes. It's the one for sale in the back of Powerboat last month (all white open bow).

http://www.sdcrew.com/Movie/6Rooster.mpeg
Like I said, "a friend of mine has a DCB 34', but has a lot of trouble with handling." I would imagine that the DCB 29' has similar problems. Especially coming-off a high speed run. When my firend de-accelerates, the bow wants to pitch pole! Can you believe this in a $300K boat! Also, how does it handle in the rough stuff (3' -5's)? BTW, is the DCB the same as the Eliminator?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:43 PM
castaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre Man
BTW, is the DCB the same as the Eliminator?
no... the guy that ownes dcb used to be an eliminator dealor... started dcb with some eliminator molds... they just look strikingly similar now.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Cool Re: DCB 29' at LOTO Shootout - 105mph

Quote:
Like I said, "a friend of mine has a DCB 34', but has a lot of trouble with handling." I would imagine that the DCB 29' has similar problems. Especially coming-off a high speed run. When my firend de-accelerates, the bow wants to pitch pole! Can you believe this in a $300K boat! Also, how does it handle in the rough stuff (3' -5's)? BTW, is the DCB the same as the Eliminator?
The F-26, F-34, and F-29 were built from the ground up (new bottom)...and I believe Dave has all his own molds now (no more association with Eliminator).

The 34 had problems out of the gate, which were supposedly fixed (bottom re-worked). Summer Obsession's boat was one of the first F-29's (if not the first) out of the mold, and it performed great with no "tweaking" needed. Other than minor X-dimension changes, the F-29's are the still the same.

I have never been in the F-29 in any real rough stuff, but it handles anything Havasu can throw at it (which isn't much). The only strange thing I noticed about the handling was when he let off the power at higher speeds, the boat picked up speed for a second or two. In my (non-expert) opinion, I think the sixes create alot of stern lift for a 29' cat, and letting off the throttle lets the nose come up (it rides very flat otherwise).

The F-29 is a great lake boat...they are very popular ot west (I think Dave is backed up 6 months with orders).
Old 12-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2015 MTI 48

Quote:

The 34' as Havasu Hangin' said had a lot of teething problems, but from what I am told from current owners, the problems are ironed out with a few bottom modifications. Just what I am told.
I'm not sure if mine is THE first 29 out of the mold or not, but I think so. This bottom performed flawlessly from the start, and continues to even improve with experience.

As far as handling the rough stuff, I have had mine in washing machine 4-6 footers (4th of july and the shootout-ask anyone what conditions are like there, I'm being conservative) and as long as I was smart enough to run over 70 mph, it rode VERY well.
I would put it up against ANY 29' cat around.
Will it ride as good as a 36 Spectre? Yes it would if it were 7' longer.

As far as DCB benig the same as Eliminator-They are both boats. That's where the similarity ends. I know, I have owned both.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered
Gold Member

My Boats: 96 Cig American Beauty

SummerObsession
I was looking at some old photo's and I found this
Don
Attached Thumbnails
DCB 29' at LOTO Shootout - 105mph-lk-h-2004-013.jpg