NY still isn't going to win the Series....because of what Bajabob said

.....just like the Lakers couldn't buy a Championship last year either
Old 12-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yankees get Johnson

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
The New Yankees sign Randy Johnson finally
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!! GEORGE JUST TRYING TO BUY ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP. I LOVE WHEN THE YANKEES LOSE....IT MAKES MY YEAR!!! (this comming from a sore loser METS fan)....
Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Registered

Jeez...I guess Georgy REALLY hated to lose to the Sox last year. And with A-Rod as their savior...... . It didn't work last year, and it won't work in '05. I'll take Shilling over Johnson ANY day.......

Come on....all together now.......REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.......
Old 12-31-2004, 12:24 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I guess if you cant win a championship with a 180 million dollar payroll you've just got to find a way to spend more........ Will 200 win a championship? 220? How about injecting the team with Barry Bonds's steriod cocktail, oops, I mean vitamin supplement, or whatever he didn't realize was in those injections? I hate when somebody gives you steroids for five years on accident, thats the worst......
Old 12-31-2004, 12:25 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bajabob38
let Me Be The First To Say It Ny Sucks!
you aren't the first to say that by the way...........
Old 12-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the fact that you guys hate us.... its the greatest form of flattery... you guys all talk payrolls, you make me laugh.. if you guys had one, you would use it too... dont hate the player hate the game.... stecz
Old 12-31-2004, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
i love the fact that you guys hate us.... its the greatest form of flattery... you guys all talk payrolls, you make me laugh.. if you guys had one, you would use it too... dont hate the player hate the game.... stecz
I guess Boston's payroll is chump change!? And Mets, Dodgers, etc etc etc. Money doesn't buy championships (it may help the managers and coaches choices a little ) but doesn't gaurantee a title ... just ask the NY Knicks or NY Rangers who have had highest payroll in league and ????????? Rangers haven't even made the playoffs in .. I can't even remember how long. Who actually misses the NHL anyway

Change the rules ..... George wants to win ... gotta give him that! Can't say that about a lot of other owners looking to fill their own pockets at YOURS, the fans, expense Enjoy your next $100 ticket game, watching a team, that hasn't given their team a fighting chance. At least with the Yankees you get your $100 worth every game .. steroids and all!! LOL
Old 12-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
I dont hate the Yankees, any real fan of baseball has to respect their life long record and the fact the George wants to win at any cost. Do I think its fair? Maybe not, the smaller market teams just cant generate the revenue you guys can. Why do you think we traded Johnson to you? We cant afford to pay him 16.5 million dollars,thats why we traded Kurt, couldn't afford to pay him either. You dont think they left here because we were looking for something better do you? There are probably alot of owners that would have a 220 million dollar payroll if they could. Should there be revenue sharing like the NFL? You bet your ass. Will Goerge ever allow it? Not if he's still above ground.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem with the salery "cap" in baseball is that if you just so happen to "go over" it then you just pay the fine. That is all that NY, Boston, and many other teams do. Baseball is loosing its apeal due to the fact that NO player that I know of turns down a higher salery to stay with a team. They just fallow the money.... Like the extra 1 million will make them happier. The salleries have gotten out of hand and if they are not carefull they will be looking a lot like that other sport we used to watch...... I think it was called the NHL????

Jon
Old 12-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I agree, the NFL broke the union in 87 and brought in the profit sharring for the smaller markets. Until some of those teams have a chance to compete, baseball will slowly dwindle away its fan base. The only teams that will have a loyal following are teams like the Yankee's and Red Sox etc..
Thats why smaller market teams like the Colts, Packers, Chiefs, Broncos on and on and on have such loyal fans. They have a legitimant shot at signing good players and being competitive. If the GM can make good deals he knows they have enough money to pay the players salary as long as it fits under the cap.
Its bad for teams like the Cardinals because they will get there money whether or not they put a good package on the field and the Bidwell's could care less about their fans. They get their money no matter what.

Quick Reply: Yankees get Johnson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.