Like Tree0Likes

1999 37 OL... any info?

Reply
Old 01-03-2005, 08:08 PM
  #21
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masher44
GL, I think I know that boat. I was on Champlain this year(I am from Western MA). Nice set up... has he had any probs with the drives?
Actually the rig is on Winnie in NH, I kmow excavator has one he uses on the Hudson but I can't remember power he has.
PM cowisl he's the one with the ride I was refering too.
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:20 PM
  #22
Registered
Thread Starter
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH
Actually the rig is on Winnie in NH, I kmow excavator has one he uses on the Hudson but I can't remember power he has.
PM cowisl he's the one with the ride I was refering too.
Wrong boat then... didnt get to NH this year. Other than your "blow up", have you had any issues with the Bravos?
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
  #23
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Not at all and the blow up was more my fault than the drives. I did not tighthen the top cap and it lossened up on the left one(the one using the top gear)
Since then I torque them everytime I put in and have not had any problems. I NEVER go over 3000 rpm getting on plane.
I rode in that OL in Key West in November and I was very impressed. His ride does not have the berth in the nose like the pictures of the ride here. On Cigs when you add the front berth I have been told it costs up to 2-3 MPH on similar models, so that might also explain the top speed.
Hope this helps.
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:40 PM
  #24
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
CMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windham, NH
My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
Posts: 4,499
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Its not the NH boat, the new owner of that one is a member here though.
__________________
Chris G.
CMG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:50 PM
  #25
Registered
Thread Starter
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH
Not at all and the blow up was more my fault than the drives. I did not tighthen the top cap and it lossened up on the left one(the one using the top gear)
Since then I torque them everytime I put in and have not had any problems. I NEVER go over 3000 rpm getting on plane.
I rode in that OL in Key West in November and I was very impressed. His ride does not have the berth in the nose like the pictures of the ride here. On Cigs when you add the front berth I have been told it costs up to 2-3 MPH on similar models, so that might also explain the top speed.
Hope this helps.
Thanks! I am going to draw names out of a hat tonite and then move forward with the pursuit.
I love the 38 T/G,35 Cig, 37 OL and the 38 beak boat. What about your 600s? What kind of history do you have with them... good ? I have not heard much about them and a TG I am looking at has them.. Thanks Jim
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
  #26
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masher44
Thanks! I am going to draw names out of a hat tonite and then move forward with the pursuit.
I love the 38 T/G,35 Cig, 37 OL and the 38 beak boat. What about your 600s? What kind of history do you have with them... good ? I have not heard much about them and a TG I am looking at has them.. Thanks Jim

do you have to have a cabin? if you don't, look at a gladiator... or for that matter a cat ..... but if you have to have a cabin, get an OL, you won't see one every time you turn around...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:47 PM
  #27
Registered
Thread Starter
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Yeah Dude... need a cabin (girlfriend)
Need a sunpad (Girlfriend's friends)

Overall I am looking for a badass boat that wont break the bank! You only live once!
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:04 PM
  #28
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masher44
Yeah Dude... need a cabin (girlfriend)
Need a sunpad (Girlfriend's friends)

Overall I am looking for a badass boat that wont break the bank! You only live once!

reason number 2 is good enough for me... bring them to the shootout!!!
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
  #29
Registered
Thread Starter
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
reason number 2 is good enough for me... bring them to the shootout!!!

Sorry it was supposed to be

Cabin (for your girlfriend)
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
  #30
Registered
Thread Starter
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: 1999 37 OL... any info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
reason number 2 is good enough for me... bring them to the shootout!!!
My girl is 24 and a nurse... lotsa cute friends.......
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
harsin
Active Thunder
2
08-08-2007 04:56 PM
georges
Pantera
4
01-14-2005 05:36 PM
masher44
Outerlimits
11
01-07-2005 02:03 AM
herman
Fountain
2
11-21-2003 10:48 AM
herman
General Q & A
0
11-19-2003 09:20 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.