Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL? >

Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

Notices

Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

Old 01-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

I got tired of taking my 390 velocity out in Fort Myers. Nobody wants to run hard. I take out a 28 velocity with stock power and everyone wants to play. Its just a layed back kind of place.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive Know John For A Long Time And If He Says The Boats Clean Its Clean. Great People To Deal With.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am over there often to do surveys. If you need one, call me (954) 895-4633.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Registered

Like several here, I also just returned from Ft. Myers Beach in our motorhome (stayed at the Red Coconut). It is an awesome place to play, but I wouldn't want to live there. It is far too hard to get on and off the island by land!!

I am not aware of a boat dealer on the island, at least on Estero Blvd. There are a couple of dealers on the road past the bridge on San Carlos. I did not see that boat, but did see lots of Baja's at one place.

As far as boating there, there is no boat parking on the ocean side that I know of. You must anchor and swim ashore. The places near downtown (Near the Lani Kai, etc.) are lots of fun, and if you get there, be sure to check out the hot wings at Pete's!!
I don't know of any restaurants and bars on the bay side. I have not heard about back there. A friend of my family has a home on the bay, but no boat, yet.

This year, I saw probably 12 hotrod boats the entire time we were there (from Dec. 16th until the 2nd). There was one canopied white boat that looked awesome, but he was just cruising. I also saw a red Fountain.
======
I'm happy to be home on Lake Travis! My dock is still here with the boat on it! It is warmer here now than it was in Ft. Myer's too!

Best of luck with your boat and home decisions!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

I am prone to dreamin about boats, that's a fact.
more so now since I dont have one. what I was getting at was the variety of options available from here like the short trailer ride to miami if you like that scene, or a run to the Keys, etcetc

but that's just me.

and they run the race circuit practically around us, every year.
doesnt get any better than that.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered

I live in Cape Coral (next door to Ft Myers) and see a good amount of offshores in the Gulf and running down the river. I do see a lot more hi performance center console than anything. I just think they are easier to run down here. Not that I'd want one.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

we are going to look at water front homes in cape coral jan, 21 th. for three days. a local friend just bought a home and keeps his 38 tg. at the sanibel harbour yacht club. i understand they are redoing this place over and will become a dockominiums and is close to the main water...there is a price tag to do this! for many years i travel to ft. lauderdale and nothing like shooters with fast boats and ladies on a sunday afternoon. is there places like this in ft. myers area? i do not want to be disappointed and be where the boys don`t play ...
Old 01-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
Sounds like Ft. Meyers needs Mr. J. MoonWalker ------ I hear he makes it all Happen!!!

RHC
Ummmm .... yeah , .... makes it all happen !?!?!?!?!?

Whats up you old fart ????

Don't get me wrong .... FMB is real nice .... and they get a nice turn out on race days , but it ain't no Lauderdale !!! Much more laid back ... fun, but laid back . Lots of Grady Whites with "blue hairs" and the occasional sport boat .... Like I said .... maybe get some more of you guys down there and it'll turn around ?????
Attached Thumbnails Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?-concept3.jpg  
Old 01-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I find that the people on the West Coast of Florida are much nicer than the people here in the Lauderdale area. They are much less rude and friendlier. They will let you in traffic and not speed-up if they see your directional signal on. This is just an observation I've made.
I think there are more mid-westerners that settled on the West coast.
Has anybody noticed that?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:00 AM
cashbrain05

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Ummmm .... yeah , .... makes it all happen !?!?!?!?!?

Whats up you old fart ????

Don't get me wrong .... FMB is real nice .... and they get a nice turn out on race days , but it ain't no Lauderdale !!! Much more laid back ... fun, but laid back . Lots of Grady Whites with "blue hairs" and the occasional sport boat .... Like I said .... maybe get some more of you guys down there and it'll turn around ?????
I think it's a great place to boat...I'm looking for a 28 CIG or a Stinger to keep down there.
When I was down over Thanksgiving,I saw more Offshore boats there than in Miami on the water !!

Quick Reply: Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.