Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93695-anyone-live-ft-myers-beach-fl.html)

lilldeauce 01-03-2005 05:08 PM

Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

There is a boat there that I would like to look at. It's at HI-PERFORMANCE SPORTBOATS.

Spicy 01-03-2005 05:20 PM

Re: Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

Sorry I just left yesterday morning to come back home,was there for a week.

The Menace 01-03-2005 05:42 PM

I live 1/2 mile down the road. Just left today but will be back the 14th. Which one are you interested in?

It seems he moves a lot of boats. Baja's, fountains and Donzi's.

lilldeauce 01-03-2005 05:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It would be great if you could go over and look at it. They say it's like brand new :rolleyes: I've heard it before but it does look clean. 47 ft with 3 525's. I'll atache pics. Thank You.

The Menace 01-03-2005 05:55 PM

Yep, I saw that sitting there. About half of his stuff is usually new. He does take trades but naturally you will lose your but on any dealer trade. He keeps them looking clean on the lot.

I will be back the 14th. Let me know and I will stop by for you. I was supposed to leave yesterday but it was too nice.

lilldeauce 01-03-2005 05:57 PM

Can you say Freezin rain and spittin snow.... :( :( I'd of stayed too.

Velocity Tom 01-03-2005 06:09 PM

If John says its clean , Its clean I've known John for a long time. And I have never heard a bad thing about him or sport boat marine. Good luck!

lilldeauce 01-03-2005 06:17 PM

Can you go look at it for me?

Velocity Tom 01-03-2005 06:25 PM

I dont know when I can get over that end of town. What do you want to know?

lilldeauce 01-03-2005 06:35 PM

Just what kind of shape it's in. And if it's worth my time to come see it. Try to find out a little history on it. If they'll let you sea test it that would be even better. Everytime I've looked at a boat out of water, then drove it my whole perspective of the boat always changes.

cashbrain05 01-03-2005 06:40 PM

It looked very nice when I went by it a month ago...seems to have alot of very nice hardware there.Last year he had a new(er) Sutphen..I didn't know that they were still being made !!!
Great area to boat...back right up to the Lani Kai...
Dennis..when is that Cig gonna be back? :D :D ..I've got the Rum Runners covered !!
Did you get all your furniture in yet?

beached 01-03-2005 10:40 PM

The boat is a fresh water boat and was traded in on a new boat. I'll be by there Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll get you more Info.

pasunbum 01-03-2005 10:49 PM

what is the boating in ft. myers and cape coral area like for the performance boater, have a 38 topgun. and looking for waterfront florida property here or lauderdale area. any place like shooters / lauuderdale in ft. myers area...? thanks...

jayboat 01-03-2005 11:24 PM

That place always looks immaculate.

Pbum, I just moved to Ft Myers and although I am temporarily boatless and unable to render local knowledge of boat bars yet, this place looks like a boaters dreamworld to me. I've lived and boated for years at Wrightsville Beach, Newport Harbor, Charleston and Lake Lanier... this place has it all (dont tell anybody) and it is year round. broke a sweat walking on the beach on Sunday- low 80's, sunny, nice water- saw a big red Fountain airing it out- sounded sweet. Now that I live here, I cant wait to get another boat...

articfriends 01-04-2005 12:20 AM

I just saw that boat from the road last wed in our mad dash to catch the express cat ferry to KEY WEST!I was going to stop on our way back thru the next day but it was too late at night,now i'm back in the cold of michigan :(

LEOPAJM 01-04-2005 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by pasunbum
what is the boating in ft. myers and cape coral area like for the performance boater, have a 38 topgun. and looking for waterfront florida property here or lauderdale area. any place like shooters / lauuderdale in ft. myers area...? thanks...

Well ... You'd think there'd be more going on !!! Actually , the sport boat scene is pretty spotty around FM Beach area .... Sundays can get some action around the beach and The Bridge ect..... There's quite a few boats around , but it's no hot bed for offshore like Lauderdale .... thats for sure !!!!

Maybe something will get this area turned around one of these days ??? :drink:

DanB 01-04-2005 03:46 PM

Leopa
Sad but true. Thers lots of us around here, but were a disorginized bunch. I only know about a hand full of guys to talk to, but theres tons of boats out every weekend. I havent seen 1/2 the guys from OSO that are in this area. I know more guys from Tampa and Sarasota then I do here.

Dan

RHC 01-04-2005 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Well ... You'd think there'd be more going on !!! Actually , the sport boat scene is pretty spotty around FM Beach area .... Sundays can get some action around the beach and The Bridge ect..... There's quite a few boats around , but it's no hot bed for offshore like Lauderdale .... thats for sure !!!!

Maybe something will get this area turned around one of these days ??? :drink:

Sounds like Ft. Meyers needs Mr. J. MoonWalker ------ I hear he makes it all Happen!!! :drink: :drink: :D

RHC :D

270Laser 01-04-2005 04:25 PM

I live about 20 min from there. If you need me to check it out real good and take pics. I can do it Wednesday let me know my number is (239)896-2882 Jim :D

bearpaw 01-04-2005 05:39 PM

he had a nice Sutphen on that lot in the summer thats the ticket!!

Velocity Tom 01-04-2005 06:37 PM

I got tired of taking my 390 velocity out in Fort Myers. Nobody wants to run hard. I take out a 28 velocity with stock power and everyone wants to play. Its just a layed back kind of place.

GAUGETHIS 01-04-2005 06:44 PM

Ive Know John For A Long Time And If He Says The Boats Clean Its Clean. Great People To Deal With.

Edward R. Cozzi 01-04-2005 06:50 PM

I am over there often to do surveys. If you need one, call me (954) 895-4633.

Mudball 01-04-2005 06:54 PM

Like several here, I also just returned from Ft. Myers Beach in our motorhome (stayed at the Red Coconut). It is an awesome place to play, but I wouldn't want to live there. It is far too hard to get on and off the island by land!!

I am not aware of a boat dealer on the island, at least on Estero Blvd. There are a couple of dealers on the road past the bridge on San Carlos. I did not see that boat, but did see lots of Baja's at one place.

As far as boating there, there is no boat parking on the ocean side that I know of. You must anchor and swim ashore. The places near downtown (Near the Lani Kai, etc.) are lots of fun, and if you get there, be sure to check out the hot wings at Pete's!!
I don't know of any restaurants and bars on the bay side. I have not heard about back there. A friend of my family has a home on the bay, but no boat, yet.

This year, I saw probably 12 hotrod boats the entire time we were there (from Dec. 16th until the 2nd). There was one canopied white boat that looked awesome, but he was just cruising. I also saw a red Fountain.
======
I'm happy to be home on Lake Travis! My dock is still here with the boat on it! It is warmer here now than it was in Ft. Myer's too!

Best of luck with your boat and home decisions!

jayboat 01-04-2005 07:25 PM

I am prone to dreamin about boats, that's a fact.
more so now since I dont have one. what I was getting at was the variety of options available from here like the short trailer ride to miami if you like that scene, or a run to the Keys, etcetc :drink:

but that's just me. :D

and they run the race circuit practically around us, every year. :evilb:
doesnt get any better than that.

270Laser 01-04-2005 09:20 PM

I live in Cape Coral (next door to Ft Myers) and see a good amount of offshores in the Gulf and running down the river. I do see a lot more hi performance center console than anything. I just think they are easier to run down here. Not that I'd want one. :eek:

pasunbum 01-04-2005 10:14 PM

we are going to look at water front homes in cape coral jan, 21 th. for three days. a local friend just bought a home and keeps his 38 tg. at the sanibel harbour yacht club. i understand they are redoing this place over and will become a dockominiums and is close to the main water...there is a price tag to do this! for many years i travel to ft. lauderdale and nothing like shooters with fast boats and ladies on a sunday afternoon. is there places like this in ft. myers area? i do not want to be disappointed and be where the boys don`t play ...

LEOPAJM 01-05-2005 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RHC
Sounds like Ft. Meyers needs Mr. J. MoonWalker ------ I hear he makes it all Happen!!! :drink: :drink: :D

RHC :D

Ummmm .... yeah , .... makes it all happen !?!?!?!?!? :D :drink: :rolleyes:

Whats up you old fart ???? :D

Don't get me wrong .... FMB is real nice .... and they get a nice turn out on race days , but it ain't no Lauderdale !!! :D Much more laid back ... fun, but laid back . Lots of Grady Whites with "blue hairs" and the occasional sport boat .... Like I said .... maybe get some more of you guys down there and it'll turn around ????? :evilb:

Edward R. Cozzi 01-05-2005 08:51 AM

I find that the people on the West Coast of Florida are much nicer than the people here in the Lauderdale area. They are much less rude and friendlier. They will let you in traffic and not speed-up if they see your directional signal on. This is just an observation I've made.
I think there are more mid-westerners that settled on the West coast.
Has anybody noticed that?

cashbrain05 01-05-2005 09:00 AM

Don't get me wrong .... FMB is real nice .... and they get a nice turn out on race days , but it ain't no Lauderdale !!! :D Much more laid back ... fun, but laid back . Lots of Grady Whites with "blue hairs" and the occasional sport boat .... Like I said .... maybe get some more of you guys down there and it'll turn around ????? :evilb:

I think it's a great place to boat...I'm looking for a 28 CIG or a Stinger to keep down there.
When I was down over Thanksgiving,I saw more Offshore boats there than in Miami on the water !!

magnum27 01-05-2005 09:08 AM

My mother-in-law's fiance' s brother own's a bar in Fort Myers that is on the water called S.O.B's. I have never been there but heard it was a cool place to go. Has anyone been there?

Edward R. Cozzi 01-05-2005 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by cashbrain05
I think it's a great place to boat...I'm looking for a 28 CIG or a Stinger to keep down there.
When I was down over Thanksgiving,I saw more Offshore boats there than in Miami on the water !!

Hey cashbrain: There's an old original 28' from the 70's with Volvos and small blocks at Thunderboat Marina in Dania. It's been stored inside. The owner has had a stroke and probably will want to sell it soon.
If you're interested call Ron Pyle, (the marina owner), at (954) 963-2660.

Sloman 01-05-2005 09:26 AM

I just got back from FMB for New Years and we had a blast they closed down the streets and it was one big party. A buddy lives down there and we spent three days boating went to cabbage key and tweedy's i think very cool boating seen i thought. theres nothing like boating and seeing some dolphins start jumping and playing next to the boat

MegaByte*3 01-05-2005 10:12 AM

I live in Naples and work in Fort Myers. I purchased my boat from Sportboats in '99. If John says the boat is clean, you can believe it. Sportboats sets the benchmark in customer service. It would be inappropriate for me to inspect your potential boat, as I sell competing boats in the area. However, I have no issue telling you that John Kray will take good care of you.

There are quite a few performance boaters in the area. As has already been mentioned, we are a disorganized bunch with regard to getting on the water together. The boating in the area is outstanding.

My marina will be sponsoring a few poker runs beginning in March. Although we do not promote them on a national basis like FPC and Poker Runs America, anyone is welcome.

Tom

DanB 01-05-2005 11:41 AM

MB#3
That would be great...keep us in the loop. Bravo shop used to have some for the races, but that aint happinin anymore.

Dan

270Laser 01-05-2005 02:58 PM

Put me down too! :evilb:

The Menace 01-05-2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I find that the people on the West Coast of Florida are much nicer than the people here in the Lauderdale area. They are much less rude and friendlier. They will let you in traffic and not speed-up if they see your directional signal on. This is just an observation I've made.
I think there are more mid-westerners that settled on the West coast.
Has anybody noticed that?

Ed, you are absolutely right. A lot of German's over here as well. All nice people.

The Menace 01-05-2005 04:58 PM

Your take is correct as well. However, if you crusie up and down the channels there is some heavy stuff over here. Also a lot of hardware is trailered. Around the corner from me is a 41 Apache with 6's hanging on it. Have never seen or met the guy.

A 43 Nortec, Jammin, is on a lift at the end of the channel. 5-6 big cats are running around. The REMAX cat is the one you see the most. Alot of people boat to Stan's on Marco.

FMB's best place to go on a sunday afternoon ios the Bridge restauaranrt on San Carlos Island. They have a Reggae band. The Channel mark Rest used to have Thunder Sunday's but it is under new management.

I just moved to Bonita from FMB and waiting to have a new lift installed.

LEOPAJM 01-05-2005 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Your take is correct as well. However, if you crusie up and down the channels there is some heavy stuff over here. Also a lot of hardware is trailered. Around the corner from me is a 41 Apache with 6's hanging on it. Have never seen or met the guy.

A 43 Nortec, Jammin, is on a lift at the end of the channel. 5-6 big cats are running around. The REMAX cat is the one you see the most. Alot of people boat to Stan's on Marco.

FMB's best place to go on a sunday afternoon ios the Bridge restauaranrt on San Carlos Island. They have a Reggae band. The Channel mark Rest used to have Thunder Sunday's but it is under new management.

I just moved to Bonita from FMB and waiting to have a new lift installed.

You must be right off Hickory Blvd ??? Are you talkin the 41 Apache "Tender & Juicy" ??? on a lift behind the house , or the Commanche behind the condos near Fishtale ???

JM

The Menace 01-05-2005 06:35 PM

On Hickory Blvd. If you are heading south past the apache hang a right at the two white posts. I am the 3 story spanish stucco near the end of the bay on the right..