Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!! >

This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!

Notices

This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rarely post, but often read.

I am David Smyth, and I own a Fountain 32 Sportfish Cruiser, twin 454 magnums, bravos. Its a model year 2000. I maintain it with an open checkbook, which means I spend far, far less on my children's university education.

I use it almost exclusively to cruise the islands offshore of Southern California -- Catalina, Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, and San Miguel are all typical destinations for a day or overnight.

Overnight trips probably 20 times per year, almost all with just me and the wife, Lisa. Day trips generally include 2 to 4 other people, usually friends, much less often the kids. Way to much fun to have youngsters around ;-)

This boat is the best I've found so far for what I do, but I am looking for something even better. Nothing on the market, nothing being built in production today, is better for what we do.

But what we WANT to do, we can't do with this boat. So I charter -- a Nordic Tug for Alaska this summer, for example. While I love chartering because its so cheap because its not my boat, I also hate chartering because its not my boat. ;-)

We like to do adventures. My wife and I have multiple times crossed the Pacific and Atlantic, cruised throughout the Med, Carribbean, Hawaii, and Pacific Coast of North and Central America: approaching 100,000 miles offshore in boats. That means there is one hell of a lot of the world we have not seen by boat, by OUR boat, and we intend to.

So the next boat will almost certainly be custom. I've been in discussions with a few custom builders and designers. Nomex core, pre-preg carbon, vacuum bagged and post cured at about 250 degrees F or 125 degrees C looks the most likely construction at this time. Power will probably be twin Verados. Stepped Deep V. Trailerable, probably even containerable.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by NASTY HABIT
Hi I'm Mark and I'm I workaholic

so, I hear.....
Old 08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered

I'm in Charleston, been boating for a while with my Kew West 1900cc. Friend of mine picked up a 23 Eliminator so he sold me his "project"...1987 22' pac. I am pretty good with saving turds but I think this may be the one I come out on top with. Hull is beautiful needs some polishing, new gauge panels and controls, and of course a complete outdrive. He still has the prop but thats it. Plenty of boat parts around here so I am optimistic about getting it done. Motors brand new never been fired. More to come...
Attached Thumbnails This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!-2007_08120008.jpg   This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!-2007_08120009.jpg   This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!-2007_08120010.jpg  

Last edited by kwiksilver; 05-25-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered

Name is Bill my wife and I boat in the chesapeake I have a 302 formula with twin 502s runs great I live in Middle River Maryland And we just do alot of partying every weekend at such places like red eyes river watch carsons and the wild duck just alot of good times
Attached Thumbnails This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!-crazy-billy-017.jpg000.jpg  

Last edited by BillFormula; 08-19-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi !

My name is Chris Hansen . Can you take a seat over there ?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered

OK,I've been out of the fast boat game for some time now...12 years looking to get back in...doing the express cruiser thing and havin fun with it but something's missing.SPEED...Found this site and holy chit what else can I say..Plus I'm in 1 of the worst marinas for someone in my case,Navesink.NJ..fast boats everywhere...I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on my dock who loves the sound and doesn't mind being awaken by open exhaust..my wife thinks I'm nuts but hey aren't we all...So please let em rip...Gonna start the search for my new ride soon...Thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered

Default My woodie isn't built for offshore

Lurker , yes, boat owner yes. 1967 Chris Craft Super Sport, 327, three year restoration by myself, only thing original is the keel, stringers and some other wood. Otherwise everything was either rebuilt or bought new. Sorry the trailer is a POS, been too busy to rebuild it. Too bad the west coast doesn't have many races, but I'll watch the poker run in Sept.
Love the sound of horsepower.
Attached Thumbnails This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!-cc-super-sport-1.jpg   This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!-cc-super-sport.jpg  
Old 08-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donman
Hi !

My name is Chris Hansen . Can you take a seat over there ?

I guess you guys don`t watch Dateline NBC ???
Old 10-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Registered

My name is Rick and I live in East Tn.
I own a 22.5 Crownline with a 496 550 hp.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

HI I AM MIKE, I TOO HAVE HAD A BOATING problem now for over 30 years. i have tried everything to quit, motorcross, working on boats, and nothing seems to help. so i am here for help.
ANYONE? NOPE? OK.

Quick Reply: This thread is for all the NON POSTING LURKERS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.