Notices

Yup, We're Done.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yup, We're Done.

You know Jim, it was both a shock and a relief to read this. I went thru the same thing last year. I was appalled at the lack of respect people have for your (my) boat. It was a constant battle to get people to understand the effort and money we put into these things. Then you get idiots who drop a full beer on the deck. That was the last straw. I would run the boat all weekend and come Sunday night everyone just walked away and left me with a 4 hour clean job. This after hinting that they could help if they wanted. I hate to just come out and ask. I am by no means out of boating. A nice CC with a single 250 eggbeater is the next step. 26-28ft. I really like the Concepts I see here on the Board. Good luck Jim. We will see you next summer, as said, there is always a seat for you. Or......we have a pool and a pond..the pond would be good for you. You know what else. They will always make boats and there will always be water so you are never more than a phone call away from being sucked back into it. I am sure Parnell will have something to say about this.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

Jerry,
I know what you mean. It was great meeting ya'll in Key West this year, How's your new ride coming? I heard from a little spy that it looks awsome.

I think I would fall out of my boat if I saw Jim & Mary pull up in a BIG YELLOW SEARAY I think they (SeaRays) are way too slow for Jim.

Robert
Old 01-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonto
Jerry,
I think they (SeaRays) are way too slow for Jim.

Robert
you can bet eventually he would find a way to put staggared Sterlings an 6's in it though

can you imagine a big'ol SeaRay rigged like WickedWon. i can see it now. AeroQuip faucet fittings. . . . .anodized microwave . . . . air conditioner with a 14-71 on it . . . . . .prolly be the only one in the world with MarineMachine controls an a kill switch
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-08-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is certainly sad to read. However, I do understand. In the past few years there has been "a changing of the guard" especially in the HP boating crowds. I read every post in this thread and the bits and pieces from everybody fit together and build the answer to the puzzle.

The so called "fraternity" or "school crowd" I grew up with in boating have been desimated by not only age but for the same reasons others have multiply noted inthis thread. I have many friends who now are pulling up in or looking for Sunseekers or have just called it quits. We are gettting older, life styles change and other interests are waiting for us. Boating is still fun, but the level of enjoyment for me has been curtailed as well.

The noise laws and 5 different water police agencies in every port have also been a deterrant. If I did not live on the water and have the boats behind the house I would have already moved on to something else.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Registered

This is one of the saddest posts I've read in a long time. When I was in your shop a couple months ago checking out your boat I could really see the pride you had in your acomplishment. It's a shame to see you give that up just because of a few stuck up jack off's. I can't argue with your thoughts though. I've seen it on the water, and its getting real obvious around here. Its' getting tough to find any thread where someone is not slaming someone else's boat. just because someone can crack open their walet and buy a chunk of fiberglass doesn't make them king $hit. I hope we still see you around.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Registered

I too heard this was coming. I have a lot of fun with you guys and I'm sure I will see you around the islands. .

I thought for sure this had something to do with RHC relocating to Sandusky.
I'd get out of the sport too

Best of luck to ya,
See you soon,
Dano
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK .... enough of the eulogies !!! He aint dead yet !!! Just go to Kelley's on Sats. and Suns. and pay your respects !!!

Now ... who's gonna buy that friggin boat ???
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Myself and Karen also count Jim and Mary at the top of our list as far as friends go. And this won't change. I will definately miss the big yellow turd as I have spent ALL of my 100 mph+ time on the water in that boat. Those have counted as some of the most fun times I have ever had on the water, and some of the most disconcerted faces on my wife!!!

But as we know it isn't about the boats it is about the friends and the fun times. And these will continue with or without boats.

We will see ya soon!

Dan and Karen
Old 01-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
OK .... enough of the eulogies !!! He aint dead yet !!! Just go to Kelley's on Sats. and Suns. and pay your respects !!!

Off to Kelleys!!!

Pretty sad though, Jim and Mary's 2nd boat is still faster than my Top Gun!!!!

Jerry I just got done watching that tape it is awesome, Talk about the good ole days.

Dan
Old 01-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM

I think thats the PERFECT boat for Dan.

Quick Reply: Yup, We're Done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.