Notices

Back from Paradise

Old 01-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Back from Paradise

T2X welcome home.

Mike, The Old Blue twin canopy DON Q is the JD Byrider boat. The singl canopy boat was owned by Lake Cumberland, cut into a pleasure boat.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 440 Likes on 239 Posts

u don,t see many speed boats around the yachts because they are considered water lice ,they often have a great lack of driving,docking and navigating skill and many have a lack of respect for other vessels on the water. i was reinstalling an radar arch for a lady that owned a 100+foot yacht this summer when a poker run came into port with all there usual fanfare and ear splitting noise. she had the crew get all the tenders out of the water quickly and was upset that the hull would have to be scrubbed again ....i asked her why she did not like the speed boats and got an earful.....they are mostly over ego ed men with the SDS(shortdicksyndrome) who need a fiberglass phallic symbol that does not run very well to get everyone to look at them! she was pointing to all the carbon and slime now floating in the marina and leaving a black ring around her boat. these engines are often so rich they won,t idle with out huge amounts of smoke and carbon witch is amplified buy the owner constantly whacking the throttle trying to clean them out ....and people wonder why they get the cold shoulder from other boaters!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
That looks really neat and all... but it look like a blow boat
Actually it has a diesel electric powerplant with variable pitch propeller that can be linked to the computer controlled sails to achieve a precise speed....

It ain't fast...but it is trick..

T2x
Old 01-10-2005, 12:26 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boostbros
u don,t see many speed boats around the yachts because they are considered water lice ,they often have a great lack of driving,docking and navigating skill and many have a lack of respect for other vessels on the water. i was reinstalling an radar arch for a lady that owned a 100+foot yacht this summer when a poker run came into port with all there usual fanfare and ear splitting noise. she had the crew get all the tenders out of the water quickly and was upset that the hull would have to be scrubbed again ....i asked her why she did not like the speed boats and got an earful.....they are mostly over ego ed men with the SDS(shortdicksyndrome) who need a fiberglass phallic symbol that does not run very well to get everyone to look at them! she was pointing to all the carbon and slime now floating in the marina and leaving a black ring around her boat. these engines are often so rich they won,t idle with out huge amounts of smoke and carbon witch is amplified buy the owner constantly whacking the throttle trying to clean them out ....and people wonder why they get the cold shoulder from other boaters!
Oh.........

T2x
Old 01-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

T2x on a V-BOTTOM?
Old 01-10-2005, 01:33 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
T2x on a V-BOTTOM?
It's actually quite flat......... but the dive boat is a vee bottom RIB.

Next year.... we'll try a 100' liveaboard sailing cat for diving exclusively around the islands.

I've never said that I was strictly a performance boater........

On the other hand if I want to go ...FAST..... I'll skip the "the tweeners"...

T2x.........mellow
Old 01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had sailboats in the past and I have a prindle 16 racing catamaran right now that is really tricked out. so sailing ain't that bad..... and diesel electric makes that thing awesome... got any pics of that setup?

Ernie
Old 01-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 januarys ago we did the BVI's. Rented a 55 footer on St Thomas and went the length to "The Bitter End". Quite an experience. If you guys ever want a vacation that is the thing to do. Next time we will get one of the little 27 fountain center consoles and stay in hotels on Tortolla, The Bitter End etc.

Talk about bar hopping, it is oneof the most unique places youwill ever go. Have your drinking shoes on!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:16 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
I have had sailboats in the past and I have a prindle 16 racing catamaran right now that is really tricked out. so sailing ain't that bad..... and diesel electric makes that thing awesome... got any pics of that setup?

Ernie
No but we did spend a day on a Sailing Cat....... I was working non stop......... as this picture evidences.
Attached Thumbnails Back from Paradise-lazy-cat-day.jpg  
Old 01-12-2005, 05:19 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
No but we did spend a day on a Sailing Cat....... I was working non stop......... as this picture evidences.
That's as much of a crotch shot I want to see.... Thank You.

Quick Reply: Back from Paradise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.