opinions needed: going to a cat maybe

Notices

opinions needed: going to a cat maybe

Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: opinions needed: going to a cat maybe

will let everybody know after Miami..........................
Old 01-10-2005, 11:06 PM
BZ
Registered

p.s. anybody know randy s at fastboat.com seems like a great guy.....
Old 01-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
anybody buy a cat and then go back to a "v" hull.....
I've had 3 cats and had decided to try a V, then I just couldn't bring myself to do it, and called Randy and bought a Nor-Tech. I just never got excited about the purchase on the V. As soon as I cancelled and put the deal together on the cat I felt great again. Buy the cat and you won't regret it. As far as Randy at Fastboats goes, he has been a pleasure to deal with so far and I was very happy with the deal he gave me on the boat. I rode in his 36 that is in this months Powerboat mag.at the Sarasota Poker Run last fall. Once you ride in that boat you won't be able to sign the deal fast enough!!!! Good Luck with whatever you decide. "Once you go Cat you never go back"
Old 01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody buy a cat and then go back to a "v" hull.....
We all might if this insurance thing doesn't get under control soon.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:49 PM
BZ
Registered

just checking in thanx for everyones help just got an e-mail from randy. again it looks like we will know after miami !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob Zubik,
I have bought from Randy. he is a good guy.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Banned

The Nortech 36 is an awesome ride. Nortech is just about sold out for the year already. The boat is over 38 ft. long and handles rough water great on plane. Randy is a great dealer, he is very knowlegable, and runs a class facility, also everyone at the factory are very concerned about quality and customer satisfaction. You wont find a better Manager, or all around honest guy who will go out of his way for you than Terry Sobo, 525's are a great package coupled with the 6 is highly upgradable. At least consider the Nortech 725. Its N/A and upgradable to an 850 easily. Ron builds very reliable motors and again will go out of his wat to satisfy. They have treated me so well I'm now a dealer for them in Missouri. Believe me you will be very happy. good luck. Jim Midwest performance marine.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Registered

then why such the bad rap on the rough water handling??? i boat mainly on lake Mich and it's always 3-5 fters out there....
Bob-Cats ride very nice but very few of these testimonials are riding in Lake Michigan in 3-5 waves. It is a ride you will not enjoy most of the time. The cat will take it no problem riding on top but it dosen't allow you to put the tabs down and take it easy. You have to run hard or not at all and the occasional big " three sisters" will give you pause at high speeds. Might not be the best for rough days on the lake. Please remember that most floridians have not spent significant time on the big lake so you really need to see for yourself. The other "lakes", atlantic and pacific oceans are very different from our lake. Maybe you should contact John Gardner and ride in his 36 nortech if it's still for sale. Good luck NK
Old 01-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE= it dosen't allow you to put the tabs down and take it easy
[/QUOTE]

parnell you *****
Old 01-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Bob-Cats ride very nice but very few of these testimonials are riding in Lake Michigan in 3-5 waves. It is a ride you will not enjoy most of the time. The cat will take it no problem riding on top but it dosen't allow you to put the tabs down and take it easy. You have to run hard or not at all and the occasional big " three sisters" will give you pause at high speeds. Might not be the best for rough days on the lake. Please remember that most floridians have not spent significant time on the big lake so you really need to see for yourself. The other "lakes", atlantic and pacific oceans are very different from our lake. Maybe you should contact John Gardner and ride in his 36 nortech if it's still for sale. Good luck NK
NK,
How did your 32 Skater run on your poker runs to Key West? I'm thinking about a outboard powered cat, but I want to make sure I can still do the KW runs and have a comfortable ride for my crew.
Brad

Quick Reply: opinions needed: going to a cat maybe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.