??? for all you home builders

Notices

??? for all you home builders

Old 01-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: ??? for all you home builders

mcollinstn,
I haven't figured it out either, and I spent 15 years as a GC. There are additional expenses due to land and certain neighborhood's. Think about hauling garbage from the site, and the neighborhood around, depending how "frumpy" this can be a pain in the A$$
Old 01-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: ??? for all you home builders

Location Location Location.

How about 14,000sqft for 14,000,000 or 18,000sqft for 26,000,000. Oh that does not include the 5.8 mill cost of land and house that you just tear down. The cost of houseing in the last few years in this area is out of control. It is forcing people to stay in apartments as an only option. My "trailer" as GLH likes to refer to it, if I lived in most parts of the country would have been about 50K-100K in MA it was 3 times that. One of the reasons, cost of labor and insurance. I wish I could hire anyone for 20 bucks a hour. Any less then that and you get oh sorry boss I slept in late I was at a killer rave last night, Or Hey boss can I have an advance I have to pay my child sapport, or hey boss I got a DUI last night so I need a ride and on and on and on. I HOPE that I can build my place or less then all these numbers that I am seeing. Time will tell.

Jon