Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94469-speed-limt-law-winnipesaukee.html)

ktron 05-16-2008 04:13 PM

Thanks Guys!:D

blownincome 05-16-2008 04:19 PM

Now Let them Fund it???? The state is already in the red (Pay attn Lynch!) or are you looking for another way to hurt the state ...

pm203 05-16-2008 04:29 PM

Also, doesn't take effect till Jan 09.

wananewboat 05-16-2008 05:14 PM

We have speed limits on roads and I don't follow them. Good luck to them trying to enforce it. If they could control the pwc most of the problems would go away. To many inexperienced people buying pwc that can do 70 and can't control it and with the rising gas prices I think we will be seeing more of them.

Michael1 05-16-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 2560489)
That's the spirit!!. I have been told that it is not a absolute speed limit, but a prima facie limit, which legally means you can go over the speed limit if it is reasonable and proper. Check out the Winni site, it's explained a little better there. See you in the broads at 90 MPH+!! :D:D

I wouldn't rely on "prima facie" as a form of defense. I have to say I have never seen that work, EVER. You get the ticket. You go to court. They want your money, and don't care about your argument. Guilty. Pay the baliff on your way out. Now you are out time and money.

The bottom line, you just lost your rights with the pompous law.

One more freedom down the drain.

Michael

Audiofn 05-17-2008 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 2560489)
That's the spirit!!. I have been told that it is not a absolute speed limit, but a prima facie limit, which legally means you can go over the speed limit if it is reasonable and proper. Check out the Winni site, it's explained a little better there. See you in the broads at 90 MPH+!! :D:D

Don't beleive everything that you read on the internet. As I read that part of the law it basically means that the max speed is 45. You can not use that 45 MPH speed limit as an excuse to go say 45 in a crowd of other boaters. The 150 foot rule will apply as would the 150 foot from shore laws. I am not a lawer but that is how I read that part of the law.

Cruisers will be Winn ***s next target. Whinypisaukee is what that lake will not be refered to by me. Very sad

Jon

pm203 05-17-2008 08:28 AM

Yes, but enforcement is going to be very difficult. The chance of the MP actually catching you speeding will be very rare . And, if they do see you, the radar will only work in certain situations. It's like driving on the highway, you are going to have to be diligent in checking out your surroundings while and before you speed.
On another note, I am going to contact the governor's office and ask that state money not be wasted on a law with no merit. He can still veto it.

damdonzi 05-17-2008 11:28 AM

I don't think those snobs on Bear Island really know what they are about to get into here. Talk about a stupid non-issue that has just gone hay-wire!

blownincome 05-18-2008 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 2560958)
Yes, but enforcement is going to be very difficult. The chance of the MP actually catching you speeding will be very rare . And, if they do see you, the radar will only work in certain situations. It's like driving on the highway, you are going to have to be diligent in checking out your surroundings while and before you speed.
On another note, I am going to contact the governor's office and ask that state money not be wasted on a law with no merit. He can still veto it.

Me Too!