Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94469-speed-limt-law-winnipesaukee.html)

CMG 01-14-2005 02:14 PM

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

From Winnilakers.com :

Winnilakers,
I just got this information today in reference to the new speed law and the hearing date. I have attached the bill below. If you can, please see if you can make it to the hearing next week, Wednesday, January 19, 2004 at 11:00 am in Room 305 of the Legislative Office Building in Concord. You don't need to speak, but we need numbers there.

The bill is proposing a day time speed of 45 and a night speed limit of 25.

HB 162 – AS INTRODUCED

2005 SESSION

05-0103

03/01

HOUSE BILL 162

AN ACT establishing boating speed limits for Lake Winnipesaukee.

SPONSORS: Rep. Pilliod, Belk 5

COMMITTEE: Resources, Recreation and Development

ANALYSIS

This bill establishes boating speed limits for Lake Winnipesaukee.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

2005 SESSION

05-0103

03/01

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Five

AN ACT establishing boating speed limits for Lake Winnipesaukee.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 New Section; Restrictions on Boating; Lake Winnipesaukee. Amend RSA 270 by inserting after section 130 the following new section:

270:131 Lake Winnipesaukee. No person shall use or operate any powerboat, motorboat, or boat equipped with any type of power motor at a rate of speed exceeding 45 miles per hour during daylight hours and 25 miles per hour during night hours on the waters of Lake Winnipesaukee. As used in this section, "daylight hours" means the hours between 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset and "night hours" means the hours 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sunrise. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a violation.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2006

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 02:21 PM

Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

W-T-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!?!?!?! I can't make it, but I will be happy to do whatever else I can to stop this nonsense! :mad:

CMG - Let me know what you know...

tomtbone1993 01-14-2005 02:31 PM

45 top :eek: :eek:

pm203 01-14-2005 02:33 PM

The local boat dealers and marine industry have banded together in the past using their own money and time to squash regulations like this.Lets hope it gets squashed again!

CMG 01-14-2005 02:35 PM

I just sent a sh*tload of e-mails and pm's to anyone in area, sorry if sent you multiples.

Chris G.

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 02:51 PM

So, just wondering - any thoughts guys as to what recent turn of events (up here) may have brought this on? :rolleyes:

wwwTOPDJcom 01-14-2005 02:57 PM

they were trying to do the same thing in the 1000 island region too......

CMG 01-14-2005 02:58 PM

Ease down on the mazzholes, we need their help too!

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 03:06 PM

Hey hey... easy on the Mazzholes :D Jeesh! Some of us own houses on the lake and pay in while taking very little back... And my first thought was Mr. Littlefield too... they have been talking about this for a while but never seriously until he did his deed! Dumb-A$$!! (And I have known him personally for 15 years - can't say I'm proud of that these days :( )

Audiofn 01-14-2005 03:18 PM

I would have happily driven up but unfortunatly I have already booked up my week solid and I am on the ropes with a few customers as it is. Please keep me posted if there are to be any more meetings and perhaps you can let them know that most of us tax payers actually WORK.

Jon

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 03:20 PM

Well, I wasn't arguing with you, I was just saying ease-up on us! :D If given the opportunity, I'd seriously consider heading up that way (and I am a registered Republican, btw) so I typically make it over the border without much trouble... hehe.

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 03:22 PM

Hey Audio - this was prob. all your fault!! At last years poker run... I have never seen an 18' Classic go like that, think I saw the Patrol taking notes on you... :D

heatbuzz 01-14-2005 03:24 PM

There is no way that will pass. Everyone will just wind up going to the ocean. I spend more time there anyway. Portsmouth is a pretty cool place.

Whats next, having the Broads be a no wake zone :eek:

heatbuzz 01-14-2005 03:31 PM

Most of us that live in Southern N.H. are transplants from Ma. Hell I'm from Lynn, Lynn the city of sin. :evilb:

heatbuzz 01-14-2005 03:39 PM

Big Head Ted likes sailboats anyway. :D

CMG 01-14-2005 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
The hause I am in now is going to be almost 30,000,000 when it is done and no that is NOT a typo.

At any rate do you want my help or not :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jon

Does the owner happen to have 42 car dealerships and an Enzo?? Hope you got paid up front!

Audiofn 01-14-2005 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by heatbuzz
Big Head Ted likes sailboats anyway. :D

No the boats he likes don't float!!!

How does Teddy give swimming lessons?

Arrra first you open up the car door..... then you swim to the surface... :D:D

Jon

Pantera1 01-14-2005 03:43 PM

Waste of oxygen

Audiofn 01-14-2005 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
Does the owner happen to have 42 car dealerships and an Enzo?? Hope you got paid up front!

No Enzo but he does have a Scaglialeti (sp) I think it looks much nicer then the Enzo but that is my taste.

Audiofn 01-14-2005 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Hey Audio - this was prob. all your fault!! At last years poker run... I have never seen an 18' Classic go like that, think I saw the Patrol taking notes on you... :D

Hey I only did that because the guy said I was going to slow. That was only that second leg. I was the third guy in to the last card stop however :eek: :eek: Only two boats that beat me started before me and were MUCH bigger :D:D

heatbuzz 01-14-2005 03:52 PM

:rolleyes: Look at it this way. There is not enough marine patrol boats on Winie to enforce it.

Ron P 01-14-2005 03:52 PM

We just fought this battle in NJ last year. We ended up getting some new no-wake zones but adverted the speed limit.

You DO NOT want to get into a discussion where you defend your NEED to go faster than 45mph. That will lead to a compromise at a speed everyone can live with, like 60mph.

You need to get out facts and figueres that show that speed has nothing to do with accidents. Point out the major cause of accidents, such as canoes and have then focus on them. Also offer the suggestion that everyone take a safe boating course. Don't focus on one group of people when everyone needs to learn the rules of the road.

Also, find out what bugs the people. Is it the noise? You may need to get some mufflers. If they don't take away your speed, then you'll need to give them something in return.

Listen to Troutly. Go in being a loud obnoxious person is exactly what they expect you to act like. Find some powerboating lawyes and Doctors to bring with you. Show the family side of your boating life.

Be smart, and don't get pissed. Being mad won't help your cause.

Good Luck!!!!!

CMG 01-14-2005 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Poker run on winni ??

More like a tickle fight.

heatbuzz 01-14-2005 03:54 PM

Poker Run through Sally's Gut. :eek:

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 03:55 PM

Poker run on winni ??

Yeah man, you should have seen Audio go, you'd think he stole that thing! :D And it was one insanely windy day too. :eek:

heatbuzz 01-14-2005 04:00 PM

Baja had one couple years ago.

pm203 01-14-2005 04:06 PM

Ya the mazzholes moved up noth voted democrat and put a blowboater in office ..this rep pillion or pigeon or whatever this little girls name is..
Littlefield didnt help matters any.. :mad:

Its not the mazzholes that are responsible.We come to NH to be free!This has been going on long before the Littlefield incident.Also,you should blame some of your local residents that drink and drive.The boating population increases every year and boats are getting faster.I think its a combination of Volvo type do-gooders with enviromentalists and safety groups all acting together,and I bet you the majority of them are from your own state.

Audiofn 01-14-2005 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Yeah man, you should have seen Audio go, you'd think he stole that thing! :D And it was one insanely windy day too. :eek:

I practically did steal it.... you know what I paid for it :D:D

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I practically did steal it.... you know what I paid for it :D:D

Very true... :D

Ron P 01-14-2005 04:25 PM

Also bring up, that if they do get a speedlimit, will the police have the manpower and proper equipment to enforce it.

These are burocrates. You need to be on thier level.

mopower 01-14-2005 04:41 PM

It's not all just the Volvo type yuppies. There are also some old fartz that remember the 50's and want to go back to those days. I was there in the 50's (as a kid) and it was great except they didn't have any "offshore" boats. Of course aren't all boats "offshores"...if they weren't they would be "planters" on your front lawn :D :D

Formula Outlaw 01-14-2005 04:50 PM

Post an email address so that we "out of staters" can respond accordingly..

pm203 01-14-2005 05:00 PM

Id disagree ..the town I live in goes from 8000 to over 25000 residents in the summer ..
Boats are getting faster ??? Boats have been going over 45 for a long long time ..
As far as the volvo types where do you think they come from ..They aint locals
The real locals like their infernal combustion powered vehicles..
Its the over zealous self appointed tree huggers... Who just happen to be from MA :D :D :D

We could argue both views all day long,but I would rather band with my fellow OSO members and fight against the new proposed speed limits.

Michael1 01-14-2005 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Also bring up, that if they do get a speed limit, will the police have the manpower and proper equipment to enforce it.

These are bureaucrats. You need to be on their level.

I wouldn't count on the lack of manpower argument. These big government types would love nothing more than to hire some more manpower to enforce ridiculous laws. They will fund it with ticket money and taxes. Also let's say the politicians are adamant about it enough to make the fine $1000 (the boaters really pissed them off in the meetings, or it started out at $50 but the Do-Gooder Safety Nazis thought that was too low after some accident). Even with low manpower, how many of us would want to chance such a large fine? The fine is $750 in California just for taking your car over 100 mph. People in Europe drive that fast all day long.

Something to think about...

Michael

Formula Outlaw 01-14-2005 05:41 PM

What email are you looking for ?

I don't know, maybe some govermental department or anyplace that we can voice dissenting opinions on this proposal.

Maybe the email addresses of the idiots sponsoring this legislation. Post all you can so that we can deluge them.

blownincome 01-14-2005 05:44 PM

CMG...Thanks for the heads up these people wont be happy till we are all rowing across the broads...I check in on winnilakers 1 or two times a month would not have seen this... Custie from winnilakers e mailed me also...This Szit pizzs me off :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cevert 01-14-2005 05:58 PM

..I will never move back to taxachusettes Next move ..florida

FYI...State of Florida ballot initiative to require MA residents to apply for a visa ( 5 yr max), must establish they don't carry this lethal infection prior to being allowed to establish domicile in state.

masher44 01-14-2005 05:59 PM

IDIOTS!
Look at it this way.... All vehicle speed limits have gone UP in the last 15 years because cars are safer and can handle the speed better. Back in the 50s, all boats had thru hull exhaust. Safe boaters are paying the price... It should be mob rule. You should be able to beat the SH!T out of someone you find on the lake being a moron.
Next we will have stop lights on the lakes.

The route of the problem is jet skis and idiot riders. They cause more BS on the lake.
They should have a law against a moron driving across the main channel or skiing in the main channel. You can kill someone at 45 just as easily as 85. :mad:

masher44 01-14-2005 06:00 PM

I aim for idiot jet skiers now.

pm203 01-14-2005 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
I aim for idiot jet skiers now.

Dont even get me going on jetski,s and waverunners.They rent them to anybody for a small fee.I cannot tell you how many of these morons ride like they are the only one on the lake.They can be doing 60 and make an abrupt direction change without even looking!