Default Re: Boat show Prices?

Those who buy at high prices
will not buy for long time
Old 01-19-2005, 10:34 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a good one. A guy buys a boat. Nice deal for everyone. He says he needs to have a dock and lift built before he can take the boat. No problem I tell him. He can leave it in drystack as long as he needs, all season if needed. I give him a free storage agreement for 6 months. 2 weeks after delivery he decides to buy a trailer (did even ask for a price from me) and takes the boat.

He calls about a week later and says he "sublet the slip" to someone (rented it himself) and the guy will be bringing the boat next week. I tell him he is nuts and he winds up suing me. I won but it cosy more in atty fee's than the slip was worth. The world is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Again with the putting words in my mouth....WTF

You're a little too sensative partner. "dropping boats all over based on price".

Observers of this thread know I inferred nothing even close to that.

I simply asked if you had sold a boat out of your area and if price had anything to do with it.
but of course you and/or the buyer are the only ones who really know, or who will ever really know.

What a bunch of BS...like somebody's gonna come on here and throw you under the bus for $500 bucks when you're their selling dealer and saved them 10 or 20 times that?

Enough with the smoke and mirrors...

Like nobody else has the critical thinking skills to know what a rediculous and worthless (other than the immediate satisfaction of posting it) challenge that is?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:40 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

OK, make it $5,000. I can't win.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Corrado
I may be confused. Subletting slips at my marina is not permissible.
What he do again?
Exactly.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:45 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Corrado
I may be confused. Subletting slips at my marina is not permissible.
What he do again?
he rented the slip and sued me for the value of the rental!!!!???????
Old 01-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

O.K. enough of that. Let's be civil, and respect each other's positions, whether we agree or not.
call it a draw on the challenge...I feel the same way...though I didn't want to win anything, just make a point.
We'll let the readers draw their own conclusions...

Let's give this thread a broader spectrum

Is the world coming to manufacturer direct? With used stuff changing hands strictly through individuals, or in the future "used boat lots" for lack of a better term.

Seems to be moving to manufacturer direct more all the time in an attempt to sell these thing to americans who's wages aren't keeping up with the increasing cost's of manufacturing them. (read: pricing)
An effort to cut out the middle man and his money so we can continue to afford to buy them? and keep the industry alive in the future?

Fiberglass never dies...they've created their own monster in that there are so many more used boats every year, and yet fewer people who can afford to have one at all every year...
Another reason for lower new boat build numbers? and higher prices per unit to stay afloat?

A trend that will continue? Do the big manufacturers' forecasters see this coming?

Last edited by Rippem; 01-19-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Buyafountain....

I'm not sure why you are getting your azz chewed. Maybe it's misplaced aggression.

What I read from your posts is that you value a deal that is fair for both parties and you value uncommon service.

If I were looking for a new boat you would be selling one to me right now.

I would love to buy from a dealer who wants deals that are fair for both parties, and who values uncommon service.

I guess that since I haven't bought anything from you, or jerked you around like so many tire kickers do.... I can't take the bottom feeder comment personally like some have.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:00 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Rippem
O.K. enough of that. Let's be civil, and respect each other's positions, whether we agree or not.
call it a draw on the challenge...I feel the same way...though I didn't want to win anything, just make a point.
We'll let the readers draw their own conclusions...

Let's give this thread a broader spectrum

Is the world coming to manufacturer direct? With used stuff changing hands strictly through individuals, or in the future "used boat lots" for lack of a better term.

Seems to be moving to manufacturer direct more all the time in an attempt to sell these thing to americans who's wages aren't keeping up with the increasing cost's of manufacturing them. (read: pricing)
An effort to cut out the middle man and his money so we can continue to afford to buy them? and keep the industry alive in the future?

Fiberglass never dies...they've created their own monster in that there are so many more used boats every year, and yet fewer people who can afford to have one at all every year...
Another reason for lower new boat build numbers? and higher prices per unit to stay afloat?

A trend that will continue? Do the big manufacturers' forecasters see this coming?

I respect AND agree with your position regarding "how to buy a boat". I deal like you and just feel that I won't sell my soul or integrity for money. One sale will not break a good dealer ( or for that matter a few sales each year).

The one thing that raises a flag for me looking at the future of boat sales is the overwhelming trend of direct buyer to buyer. With that being said, my gut tells me that there is and will be for a long time to come a strong part of the market that can justify using a brokerage service due to the time and effort it takes to sell most boats. Missed appointments, buyers that can't get financing, etc.

I have not seen many signs of manufacturers going direct, but The Marine Max/Sea Ray/Brunswick connection does raise an eyebrow.......

MMax has a huge piece of the Sea Ray business. Brunswick owns Sea Ray. Brunswick then buys a big chunk of Marine Max stock????????? Makes you wonder.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fund razor
Hey Buyafountain....

I'm not sure why you are getting your azz chewed. Maybe it's misplaced aggression.

What I read from your posts is that you value a deal that is fair for both parties and you value uncommon service.

If I were looking for a new boat you would be selling one to me right now.

I would love to buy from a dealer who wants deals that are fair for both parties, and who values uncommon service.

I guess that since I haven't bought anything from you, or jerked you around like so many tire kickers do.... I can't take the bottom feeder comment personally like some have.

Good luck.
Thanks for the support Fund. I jumped into a bar fight and now I have to hang in.

Quick Reply: Boat show Prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.