The Chicago Poker Run 2005

Old 01-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The Chicago Poker Run 2005

Originally Posted by candyman35
Mark,
Great news! It's nice to see Poker Runs America making a return to Chicago. I know you and the board of directors have been hard at work to make 2005 a great season for all of us boaters on the Southern shores of Lake Michigan. I am looking forward to all the changes for 2005!!!! It's going to be a great year.
Dan
Thanks Dan, we sincerely appreciate your support. We are planning several nice runs and events for 2005, this one being a highlight, and its nice to see all of last years members returning for the fun and camaraderie. We are also seeing some new members join that are boat owners with brands that we hadn't seen before ( i.e. Skater, Hustler, Outerlimits, to name a few ) so we will have a great mix of different type boats in the club this year.

- Jamie Brown
Chicago Offshore P.S.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I would like to play. Sounds fun.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Brad, glad to hear you coming. You are about the 10th cat comfirmed coming. I have the smallest of motors at 900hp. Bill Taylor and Larry Boyd said that Extreme Exhibit will most likely come. Other big Nortechs are confirmed too. Still working out the details.

How many projects are you working on now?

Mark Smith
Old 01-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the guys a Modern Marine confirm? When I talked to them on Wed, it sounded like all you guys had to do was stop by thier booth again.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would love to come up, But we have a new baby due on the 20th, but if baby comes early or mom says she is ok the day of the event I will be there with a couple of boats. It is only a 3 hour tow I will stop by the G.S.C booth on Saturday to talk to you guys.

GOD WON'T SUMMER EVER GET HERE
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Mark,
Last winter I converted a two seat 25' Warlock Cat race boat with twin O/B into a full interior pleasure boat. Just our family cruiser boat that runs 105 mph. This winter the Motion is being re-rigged. Carbon Fiber dash and trim everywhere. New dry sump sixes. Aetco is building some killer 600cid motors. Dry sump and 16:71's blowers. Should make big power on race gas. I switched to deep sump Huber transmissions from the B&M two speeds which were my weak link. Those two speeds were real nice for docking and planning off. Basically it will be a new boat when finished to match the new Myco trailer. Keeps me real busy most nights in the garage.

Send me some info on COPS.
Brad
Old 01-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Registered

www.chicagooffshore.com

still updating application which should be set up on the website next week. A director of COPS lives near you in Fox Lake, Jamie Brown.

Mark
Old 01-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Mark,
Last winter I converted a two seat 25' Warlock Cat race boat with twin O/B into a full interior pleasure boat. Just our family cruiser boat that runs 105 mph. This winter the Motion is being re-rigged. Carbon Fiber dash and trim everywhere. New dry sump sixes. Aetco is building some killer 600cid motors. Dry sump and 16:71's blowers. Should make big power on race gas. I switched to deep sump Huber transmissions from the B&M two speeds which were my weak link. Those two speeds were real nice for docking and planning off. Basically it will be a new boat when finished to match the new Myco trailer. Keeps me real busy most nights in the garage.

Send me some info on COPS.
Brad
I would love to stop by sometime to check out things. I used to be at Bald Knob many moons ago with Scott Sjogren (Fountain dealer) and Jamie B (Cafe Cig dude). Your friend at the boatshow says that you live near the Munson Mansion in Johnsburg. Why mess around with the small stuff, go all the way. 600ci, 16:71 HOLY CRAP!!!!! I'm sure you heard that Fred Nielson has his new Skater on order. He still has about a year wait.

Mark
Old 01-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered

I am right next door to Munson's old house. Give me a call on my cell (you have). I have both boats in my garage at home. I would be happy to have you visit. Fred filled me in on his new toy last summer. 32 Skater with twin 1400's. He is not happy with his Eliminator. I did not realize the wait from Skater was that long. I would just a used one and setup it up.

Hopefully we will have good water for the Poker Run. Last time we were on Lake Michigan the fastest the waves would allow us to go was 60 mph. Ten foot swells so big it would swallow the boat. I must pick the wrong times to go because it seems to be rough when I go out.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered

Where will it be out of?

Quick Reply: The Chicago Poker Run 2005

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.