Notices

Anyone have a Blackberry?

Old 01-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have a Blackberry?

If it's email you want, with integration with Outlook for phone, appointments or whatever, the BB is the way. Treo (thanks Kev!) just doesn't cut it. You don't need the BlackBerry enterprise server, it comes with a desktop rerouter. Mine worked in Austrailia and Europe without me doing anything. Just turn it on.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

BB does not handle attachments.......I think there are 3rd party solutions for that.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:33 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
BB does not handle attachments.......I think there are 3rd party solutions for that.
My Treo opens Word documents and Excel spreadsheets that are attachments to e-mails. The 650 also allows you to open Adobe files. I can even manipulate the data in the attachments, save it, and reply. I loaded my Treo with my office e-mail/server information and I get it at both places. I use Snappermail on my Treo. One of the Snappermail settings provides for automatic delivery, meaning whenever someone sends me an e-mail, Snapper knows it and goes and gets it. Otherwise, Nort is correct, you have to sporadically check your e-mail by pushing a button on the Treo to retrieve new messages. I guess that is the "push" thing that Nort alluded to. Again, if e-mail is the most impprtant thing, the Blackberry has the best technology for that purpose. The Treo's e-mail capabilities are excellent and with all the other features that it supplies, I am willing to overlook the fact that it is not the top dog on e-mail. Check out the reviews of the 650 www.treocentral.com

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 01-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Our whole company carries Blueberry 7280s. They are great. We have AT&T (Cingular now) service. You can get full web funcionality only if you carry cell phone service on the same unit. I only use mine for email to/from my work account.

That and games of course.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Registered

I have carried a Blackberry in various versions for almost 4 years. I am not familiar with the Treo, but I am ecstatic with the BB. Currently have the 6280. Nort is right, you do not have to purchase the Enterprise software, you can set up the "Redirector" settings for it to email you every new message. I can view Office attachments on mine.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Anyone have a Blackberry?

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
If you have Sprint, upgrade your phone to a Treo 650. It has all the features of a Crackberry, plus color, camera, video, calendar, Web, Bluetooth..... It is an awesome piece of technology. I live by mine.
It's the way to go...agreed. I do some work for the guberment and it works well.