Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Molds on ebay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94768-molds-ebay.html)

Pantera1 01-19-2005 09:36 PM

Molds on ebay

Looks like an AO or Chris ..anyone ??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...521211522&rd=1

DaveP 01-19-2005 09:49 PM

Re: Molds on ebay

That would be an Active Thunder Cat

Sean H 01-19-2005 09:53 PM

what is something like that worth?

Pantera1 01-19-2005 09:55 PM

Anyone wanna start a boat biz ..Ill handle the models for the catalog :drink:

Cord 01-19-2005 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
what is something like that worth?

Depends on their condition. That deck is fugly, but the patterns are included. The patterns are almost as valuable as the mold. On the market, they would proably go for 30k, but this is ebay and he has a terrible description and no pics. I doubt if he'll get more than his starting bid.

Sean H 01-19-2005 10:40 PM

i will go $1005 then.....

Jassman 01-20-2005 04:51 AM

I was originally told they were a Skater older mold which AT bought, or something like that.

open87 01-20-2005 05:39 AM

huh?

cuda 01-20-2005 07:17 AM

Cord, didn't you buy some molds a while back?

Pantera1 01-21-2005 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cord
Depends on their condition. That deck is fugly, but the patterns are included. The patterns are almost as valuable as the mold. On the market, they would proably go for 30k, but this is ebay and he has a terrible description and no pics. I doubt if he'll get more than his starting bid.

I think its a pretty sharp boat .. Lookin for venture capital ..anyone ?
http://www.activethunderboats.com/Ebaycat.htm

Audiofn 01-21-2005 09:23 AM

I emailed the guy for more information and he sent me back a email directing me to the ebay add. So I figured that the had put more pictures up. When I opened it up it was the same old add :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pantera1 01-21-2005 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I emailed the guy for more information and he sent me back a email directing me to the ebay add. So I figured that the had put more pictures up. When I opened it up it was the same old add :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did you hit that link I put up .. not much info but a few pics .. I like the boat.. Afew tweaks here and there and viola a marketable product :D

TopSpin80 01-21-2005 10:31 AM

is it a splash of something else or are these origionals?

Sean H 01-21-2005 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
I think its a pretty sharp boat .. Lookin for venture capital ..anyone ?
http://www.activethunderboats.com/Ebaycat.htm

is it just me or does that look way wider that 8'10"......

Pantera1 01-21-2005 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
is it just me or does that look way wider that 8'10"......

I dont know ..looks like 8'10 ta me .. Look at the seats gotta be no more than 30 wide ..

Pantera1 01-21-2005 06:46 PM

Ok whos got an empty building and 50K im sick of plumbin :D

Ryan Beckley 01-21-2005 06:58 PM

I was told that the bottom was the same as a 32' Skater classic.

Audiofn 01-21-2005 08:10 PM

Pantera I was looking for pictures of the actuall mold not what it was sapposed to make. If the molds are beat up they could be worthless, if in good shape then they may be very valuable.

Jon

Audiofn 01-22-2005 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a good friend in MA that builds boat with the best of everything. I can check with him how much he would charge to make you a hull with quality stuff. I should go over and say hi to him anyhow. Been bussy so I have not had time to run over. He used to be the best foil (America's Cup Boat Keels and Rudders) guy in the world tell everyone started to use CNC machines. This is the boat that he builds.

Audiofn 01-22-2005 08:18 AM

If you want to talk to him then let me know I can set up a get together with you. I would also be willing to look at splitting the cost of the molds.

Jon

Audiofn 01-22-2005 08:19 AM

Why do people bid so early?

Jon

heatbuzz 01-22-2005 08:33 AM

How old are the molds, and what condition? They do have a lifespan, they're only good for so many times before the hulls start to have imperfection.

Audiofn 01-22-2005 08:35 AM

That is true but you can refinish them easily enough.

Jassman 01-22-2005 08:41 AM

I saw 1 A.T. cat when I had my 37 A.T. Pat said it rode great for its size, and actually handled better than he thought for the size boat it was, they didn't sell to many and he was concentrating his efforts on their 37 AVH hull at the time. Jeff

heatbuzz 01-22-2005 08:48 AM

Do you guys know for sure they are A.T. molds?

Audiofn 01-22-2005 12:58 PM

That is the problem as I see it. The guy selling them has not provided any pictures of the molds. They could be full of water and junk for all we know. Hell if I was selling something like that I would go out and for 10 bucks buy a throw away digital camera and put all kinds of pictures up.

heatbuzz 01-22-2005 01:57 PM

And how many people have owned this mold? How many different named boats did these molds produce? Pantera1 thought it looked like a Chris Cat, witch were awesome cats but that would make them too old and too many owners and too many hulls popped out.

Just my 2-cents (if it matters) :argue:

Cord 01-23-2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Cord, didn't you buy some molds a while back?

Sure did. Still sitting on them. Being unemployed really set that project back on it's heels. Right now, it'll be at least 2, proably 3 years before anything happens. I did get my Coast Guard numbers though. WOI :D

JPD Motorsports 01-24-2005 08:00 AM

how many people on here are bidding on them, man they jumped up quickly.

Rottiguy 01-26-2005 02:06 PM

I bid on them, but got out bid in the last 30 seconds, went for $9100 :( damn I wanted em, I hope edwinally or whatever actually builds a few. A good friend of mine has some 21 and 41 v molds, but I really wanna cat, anyone know of anything else out there?

Pantera1 01-26-2005 02:09 PM

9100 .. id think you could buy a bare hull for around that and make a plug ..
Oh then theres the popping issue :D

Audiofn 01-26-2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
I bid on them, but got out bid in the last 30 seconds, went for $9100 :( damn I wanted em, I hope edwinally or whatever actually builds a few. A good friend of mine has some 21 and 41 v molds, but I really wanna cat, anyone know of anything else out there?

Did you actually see the molds? The guy was a totall flake. I emailed him again asking for pictures of the ACTUAL molds and never got them. I hope that who ever won does not get scammed.

Jon

Audiofn 01-26-2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
9100 .. id think you could buy a bare hull for around that and make a plug ..
Oh then theres the popping issue :D

It would be WAY WAY WAY more then that.

Jon

Audiofn 01-26-2005 07:46 PM

I know what you are saying. To make a plug that is worth ripping off, then make the mold that is ready to go would be WAY more then 9 grand. Probably around 30K would be my guess. Remember the mold has to be ULTRA riggid.

Jon

Pantera1 01-26-2005 07:59 PM

Ya true .. by the time your done with the mold its $$$ If those molds were ready to wax they were a steal .. Im guessing they were swimming pools :D

TopSpin80 01-26-2005 08:21 PM

I E-mailed him looking to buy or have him send me just a copy...xerox.... low quaility copy of the plans, I don't want numbers... I just want to see what they look like.... and he never wrote me back.... does anyone know where I can get plans to a "real" boat.... bulkheads hull... everything... I have a few lines drawings I have made on my own... and am not interested in copying someones boat... I just want to make a "real" set of plans for the boat I am currently drawing..... I have access to CAD and all the printing equipment... just need to know what to make it look like so other.... real naval arcitect will know what they are looking at....

Ernie

Pantera1 01-26-2005 08:25 PM

http://www.boatdesign.net/

Rottiguy 01-27-2005 07:42 AM

I saw pics of the molds, they didnt look that great, but I think with a little work, I think they could have worked. My friend tried calling pat at active thunder but never got a call back so I think somethings funny too.

Cord 01-27-2005 12:50 PM

This doesn't make sense. The listing is terrible. The followup is poor. The guy has very little feedback. Yet, people are bidding away. The other mold autions that I've seen never had more than two or three bids on them. What's the difference on this one?

ATPatrick 01-27-2005 02:02 PM

The people who bid away knew what the molds were. The link was clear and the second page shows the molds. A quick polish and 5 or 6 coats of release wax and they are good to go. I didn't answer phone calls or spend much time on e-mails because I knew they were sold one way or the other. We'll see if the deal goes through. At this point it looks like it though.