who builds reliable efi motors

Notices

who builds reliable efi motors

Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: who builds reliable efi motors

Originally Posted by Troutly
I see that . Just wondering why more engine builders don't use them? What are the advantages/disadvantages in the performance boating world???
They make 30 more HPs over the single.They need some attention getting them to run good.Idle quality, partial throttle,response, and fuel economy are figured and the end result is a fast Gladiator like Ricks.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I should say something here since my question was mentioned in this thread. I do apologize for the delayed response, I’ve been so busy, haven’t really had time to get on here lately.

First off let me say that I had just lost over $20,000 to good old Mr. Bruce Dudley, so I was very cautious going in to another business deal with ANY engine builder.

I did contact Total Marine for a pair of motors. I wanted 800hp, Steve told me their 775 should push about 800hp. When Steve told me “We have been building race engines for twenty+ years.” I didn’t take it as he personally has built motors for that long. The way I understood it, was that his employees have that much experience. That’s what counts anyway, right? I mean they are the ones who will actually be doing the work. That’s how I understood it anyway.

So, after all was said and done, I did in fact contract TMP for my new engines. Do to my schedule, I haven’t actually had a chance to get many hours on them yet. But the TMP service was great the entire way thru. My situation was especially screwed up, because Bruce Dudley kept telling me that he had already purchased 2 new Whipple EFI kits and would ship them directly to TMP. Steve Emmons was very patient even when this went on for about 6 months. Not once did he ever say that he would not install parts that some one else had purchased. In fact I did send him 2 Keith E. oil coolers which they did install and dyno with. The Whipple kits never did show up from Bruce.

I am very happy with what I ended up with. I received 2 Whipple charged 540cid EFI motors complete with everything even power steering pump and new fuel pumps. They are computer controlled and will pull out timing and/or increase F/A mixture in increments, if detonation in is detected, depending on the duration of the knock. Both dynoed at over 830hp and idle extremely nice at about 700rpm. All in all, I feel I got a great engine package, with warranty!

I should also mention, I have never physically met Steve, or any one from TMP, I have only talked to Steve and Eddy on the phone. Also, no one from TMP has contacted me to respond to this thread. I simply felt like they went out of their way for me, I should at least mention my related experience.

Thank you,
dean
Old 01-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Dean, I was in the shop checking your motors out when I was getting some service on my boat. I believe they were yours, green block and some black Whipple chargers, they looked awesome. I actually like the black better than the chrome. Good luck to you, Jeff
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow...

I wonder why Porkchop stopped posting...
This schiz gets out of control. The original topic was lost right away.
Yeah he was a bit harsh, but he was asking a question and looking for advice.
It is clear that 'chop is new to this...and I think we've scared him off.
It does take awhile to get used to how things are done on this board...
I think Porkchop is a "youngster" looking for some advice. He's saved his money and doesn't want to blow it or get fuk't by the many fukers in this industry....

My .02......
Yes TMP builds great engines. I sincerely commend Steve and Ed for building such a strong business.

Steve, hey some people are just bitter.. I too am a "youngster", and know what it's like when the older guys form an instant opinion solely based on your age... I always make a personal vow to change their opinion of me. I have been in the marine industry for quite some time...there sure are some big heads out there.... Anyway, great job, and I'll come by and see you at Miami.

buyafountain- Sure is noce not to be the target ..... It happens more often than it should.... Someone tries to help and gets slammed. 90% of the guys on the board are good people...some are not. I got the "treatment" more than I liked while I was selling boats. You give it your all to try to help, and you get hammered for it... Nice....

porkchop- You had a good list of engine builders. Talk to TMP on the phone. Things are often misunderstood via the keyboard.
Also talk to Innovation, and call Laz at Mesa. Laz can definately build you a good solid engine without breaking the bank.
I love the old school Scarabs. I think it's great that you want to keep your family boat.
POST A PICTURE OF IT!

And while we're at it... I hate screen names. WHY don't people use their real names, or company names??? Hiding?

Everyone relax.... and let's get together for a few beers at the Miami Show!
Attached Thumbnails who builds reliable efi motors-tittonies.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Said. All of it.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anyone have the websites of any of these recomended engine builders?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Don't know why i didn't think to look at the links page...
Old 01-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered

www.tmpracing.com

Everyone is welcome to stop by the booth at Miami. We will be debuting several new engines and projects at the show including a new 650EFI, and the new 1600EFI. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by warlocking
are you looking to find a good engine builder,or did you just come on here to bash tmp?your obviosly not going to use him,so why keep yapping?
ALL IN FAVOR RAISE SAY YEA!!
Old 01-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

Here's a quick pic of Gary Teague's GT750 that will be at the L.A. boat show. Nice low profile hydraulic roller, over 750hp at 5600rpm.

Gary is a good guy to work with, call him with any questions.
GT Performance
909-982-8391

Quick Reply: who builds reliable efi motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.