Notices

lake michigan cottage

Old 01-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: lake michigan cottage

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Yea the BARON molds were bought by Powerplay in holland and was their only model for the first couple years. I gotta go. Tell the story baron,and no there was no length taken out of the baron we just called it a 190 it was actaully 18'4'' .We were planing for the future fo putting a beak on it.
Thats the best boat they ever built!! I was told the molds were cut up and trashed when they stopped making it..... what a shame! Those boats sell for almost what they were new around here.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone remember that yellow Baron that Brian Stouffer from Holland had?. Don't know if he still works for Herman Miller. Still have an 89 185xlt Powerplay - see pics PQ section. You guys are making me feel old!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Brian doesnt work for HMI anymore(cuts)....didn'y know he was a boater just a biker.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

One of my buddys had a couple of 185's this past summer and sold one of them, they are great boats. He was told the 185 mold went to the coopersville land fill what a same. I thinck those boats would still sell like hot cakes. Steve
Old 01-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dyno
Brian doesnt work for HMI anymore(cuts)....didn'y know he was a boater just a biker.
Sat on the trailer most of the time when he lived on Lakeshore. Got a few pics of it somewhere. Oh yeah the HMI cuts! Brian was an insane rider - would ride from State park to Zeeland for work and back almost year round and never sweat. Heavy into triathalons. Always made me feel guildy
Old 01-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

In the early 80's I rode alot....rode with Brian once almost killed me
Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

those old barons are great fun. i hate to say my has been in the barn for 5 years now ( i think its still there ) but i will never sell it. my wife hates that boat she will only go out on our 28'. she thinks i go nuts in it. i don't think jumping a 19' boat as high as it will go is nuts.
tommy: i only have 1 picture of the boat left i lost the rest even the ones you gave me, i can't find them any were. let me know how to post a picture and i will put it on here.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy of mine (still) has an 185XLT w/ a 260hp - that thing kicks a$$! He has put almost a 1,000 hours on it - (His dad bought if for him new in 87') and it has been driven hard and put away wet many times!! It's a shame they don't make that anymore - I contacted Mandi at PQ to ask about it and she said all gone, never to be seen again... If they built that boat new again, I would buy one in a heartbeat!! That boat with a 6.2 320 in it would be the nutz!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

Get me all fired up here in the middle of winter- its tough to take I told Kevin before he sold out of PQ that they could pull another off mine. He said the prob was they would have to sell for close to 50k - the 2005 Donzi 18 is now about that and the Cig20's are bringing top dollar used. He thought the market for people that would pay that is way to small to tool for.
Half a dozen regulars with 185's out of Holland. Buddy had one with 500hp injected small block that ran 77mph. Another regular with LT1. Ran into one with 496 big block - had a s.s Alpha drive, all anodized motor mount framing to keep it together and add'l cross ribbing glassed in, raised x-dim, big tabs. He said 80mph.- chewed up the alphas!
Not to condone craziness but I have seen them get 20ft of air and stuff the stern so deep you swear the motor quit and turn right around and do it again.
So, Baron - get that little beast out of the barn! - nice zz1 crate motor...........
Old 01-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I cant believe that they would cost that much.....bummer, maybe we need to build them in Mexico like everything else .

Quick Reply: lake michigan cottage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.