Like Tree0Likes

lake michigan cottage

Old 01-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

My Boats: 1993 Sonic 31ss
Default Re: lake michigan cottage

Thats great info thanks guys!!you guys should write a book...
Old 01-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 400 SS/Lipship38Topgun/ 19' baron Surface drive/13'6" dux inflatable cat 50hp

i think tom and i have been around boats to long. but i still love um
Old 01-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Tommy - Pm'ed you with my adress for Baron Brocure and thanks in advance. Wow great history - fill'in in the mental gaps. There is a Mirage that runs out of here sometimes. White/black trim about 27ft , looks like maybe late middle 80's - could this be one? A Baron/Powerplay thread is great idea. Will try to get a friend to dig out some pics - he has videos of 3 of us in 185's launching off freighter and Amway Cary50 wake that are like "And they lived to tell" quality. And another guy that had the 500hp one to round up some pics - he used to put it vertical in 40knot winds when he hit the big chop heading west out of the narrows - ahh the good ole days!
Baron - the cottage I had in mind is booked. I'll watch for rent signs. I'm up and down Lakeshore Dr. alot.
Dyno - when your ready for a 185 let me know - I bump into most of them out of Holland. They always say they will never sell but once the wife starts bake'in a biscut they get cruisers on the mind.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Woogie I'd never go smaller(I'll keep my Sonic) but I sure would like to add one to the collection some day. Great boat to have on lake mack.....or at the inlaws at white lake.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: 19'baron to name a few

Woogie I'll get that out thursday,also send you the hull drawing minus windshied and with a lower windshield .Kinda fun to play around with the profile and see what a fairing or moving the windshied does to the look.

Found some old pictures of the first boat on it's maiden voyage but they were on slides so I had to have them made into pics,I'll have them back on thursday so maybe we can start a new thread as soon as you here back from your guys.Do you or anyone you know have the ability to download the videos,those would be to cool!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: 19'baron to name a few

Hey BARONMARINE when are you going to quit hiding behind that screen name and come out of the closet.I was kinda thinking CHECKMATE BOY would fit you better these days, you damn trader.You know desertion is considered a form of being a trader don't ya,plus your going to confuse all these good honest folks out there with that name of yours.

I can,t believe the only pictures you had were those ones you gave me . they kinda aged now ,but i'll send you them back if you would like me to.

Dyno didn't mean to leave you out, being you were the one with all the interest.I'm going to the post office tomorrow or friday(sorry woogie) so if you like a brochure give me an adores and i'll send one out to ya----no problem.

Hope to get some pictures back tomorrow. see you guys on the new thread--dig out those pictures woogie and if you can't do the video send me a copy and I will have a buddy of mine here do it . the video should be a hoot.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Tommy that would be great address is
Don Veldink
2036 Breeze Dr.
Holland, Mi,49424
Old 01-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 400 SS/Lipship38Topgun/ 19' baron Surface drive/13'6" dux inflatable cat 50hp

tommy: i think i have some of those old brochures at the shop i'll be going there tomorrow i got to take a look. i did find 2 sets of baron decal's dave gave me 15 years ago. and i can't beleive you said checkmate boy brother. never a trader i'll never sell the baron. zasko always calls wanting to buy it. go ahead and keep the pictures i had a big stack of pictures i can find them anywhere. i would like a cpoy of the one running on the prop in lake mi if you get a chance.
thanks todd
Old 06-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered

Hey guys, thanks for the great history lesson on the 185XLT! I bought my 1991 PowerQuest in the summer of 1994. We moved from Michigan to SoCal about 1.5 years ago and I wouldn't consider selling it. It was hauled out here in October of '04 and hasn't seen any water yet, but I can't wait to splash it!
What a boat!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: Zodiac RIB

I could have been in one of those pictures, Toms parents had a sailboat next to ours and the Baron was tied up there also, we used to go out and try and break it any time we could. Man that was a long time ago, huh Tom.