Best Lake to Live / Boat on??? >

Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

Notices

Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

Old 01-23-2005, 11:50 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

LOTO..... but i am biased...
Old 01-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the great responses...LOTO does sound amazing, but let me narrow down my search a bit more....At least 6 months of boating, freshwater, at leadt 5 miles long.
My working field is online sales and marketing. I have been handling Kawasaki Motors e-commerce for 5 years (motorcycles, ATV's, utility vehicles and accessories).
My fiance and I have a pretty nice home, but it's soo expensive here in SoCal, we'd think about relocating somewhere a little more laidback, on a lake.
Any more ideas???
Thanks again!
Dave
Old 01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dave911
Thanks for the great responses...LOTO does sound amazing, but let me narrow down my search a bit more....At least 6 months of boating, freshwater, at leadt 5 miles long.
My working field is online sales and marketing. I have been handling Kawasaki Motors e-commerce for 5 years (motorcycles, ATV's, utility vehicles and accessories).
My fiance and I have a pretty nice home, but it's soo expensive here in SoCal, we'd think about relocating somewhere a little more laidback, on a lake.
Any more ideas???
Thanks again!
Dave
I personaly like the mountain lakes ..water stays nice and clear .
Winter activities also rock ..snowmobiling skiing etc.. I think it makes you enjoy summer all the more ..For scenery youd have a hard time beating Tahoe ..But I dont think youl be out in the boat more than 3-4 months ..
Lotto looks amazing to me also if not a bit muddy / warm ..
Old 01-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends what's important to you- sounds like you can choose, I like Grand and LOTO for bigger water and more enterttainment. I live on Beaver and it's 32 miles from my house to the Dam but we lack the restaurants and watering holes on the lake.

I like to keep the idiots/sq mile ratio in check
Old 01-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Lake Murary SC. Near Columbia.
I have been here for about 20 years and like it very well.
Very low cost of living compared to what your used to.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

We boat at loto from April thu October. awesome fishing.Your business would be perfect for the area, The schools are excellent. Great shopping facilities. Have been over 100 million spent this year in new commercial, and infrastructure. Best golfing in the midwest. close to Branson, St. louis, and Kansas city. and I'm a builder here . Have 4 specs going in porta Cima , they start at 700k, right on the water all dryvit exteriors, granite tops, 14' ceilings Docks, memberships, in a four seasons development that is appreciating 12-15% a year. I also have a awesome 4 bedroom ranch with finished walkout for under 240k in four seasons with lake view and 3000 sw. ft. plus. Its very affordable. All kings of neat facilities for kids and some of the finest dining in the state. plus 100 mile long lake. only corp lake with homes and commercial facilities on the water, 2 nice airports nearby. people are very laid back and polite. come visit be happy to show you around . Jim Midwest peformance marine. 636 236-4141. dont forget about party cove and the lake shootout.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

jim, what is your building company name?
Old 01-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Registered

Any more ideas???
Thanks again!
Dave
Dave,

What exactly do you do for Kawasaki Motors? Web design, hosting, support?

Give me a better idea of what you do and are looking for and maybe I can help point you in a direction.

I work out of Dallas, Texas for a company named Data Return. We provide highly managed hosting for companies critical applications and e-commerce sites that can not go down. We provide a service license agreement at the custom code / application layer unlike other hosting providers.

Is Kawasaki Motors hosting their sites internally or outsourcing to a hosting provider?

ST31
Jim
Old 01-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Any more ideas???
Thanks again!
Dave
I agree that LOTO fits your requirements to a T. And if you want laid back - some of us call it the SLOzarks instead of the Ozarks. But the expansion and new development is incredible.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Stick to the Ozarks or one of the bigger lakes because like they said....better schools, and just towns in general, plus you'll be able to get a good internet connection in that area also, some of the smaller lakes in Missouri....I doubt it!

Quick Reply: Best Lake to Live / Boat on???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.