Notices

Loan denied ?

Old 01-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Loan denied ?

Thanks chart ..you said it better than I ever could have ..Someone had asked me why I had jumped all over this kid and you summed it up ..
The story with all the holes in it is what gets me ..
Paid 30K cash for a trans am
Paid god no's what for a king ranch
Makes 5K a week
Retirement fund
Yet has lousy credit and cant swing a 25K loan for a boat ..
How many of you were born yesterday , raise your hand
Old 01-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
So do you guys think its worth hiring a credit repair place like lexington to help me raise my score?
No. Again, no. And finally, no.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Fix your score yourself! Take some of the suggestions by me and the others on this thread and go for it! The score will go up quicker than you think. If you want to see your report, login to Equifax.com, Transunion.com or Experian.com. Those sites are great. Order your report WITH score, and go from there. As to which one is best, it depends on your locality.

Last edited by formula1; 01-24-2005 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

not to be confuse with the other Mild Thunder
But keep the boat you got. pay off the cards, try again next fall.
only time and payments on time will fix your credit.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Fred, thanks for the info.

For the guys who are quick to knock ME, if you read my post about the car salesman, you would see that he insulted me first. He made the fact of me getting declined a joke. He insulted ME. I did not buy the car to spite him. I wanted the car and I worked for it.

I am not claiming to be wealthy. I did make some mistakes on my credit, but I was 21 years old and to be honest, I was stupid and I did not know how important credit was, and how long it takes to fix.

I dont have a bad attitude, and I dont knock anyone for having less money, or cheaper boats, or cars, or whatever. I know what its like to get my hands dirty, I was a car mechanic for 5 years, and I worked doing concrete work for six years.

The way I look at it, everyones circumstances are different. Some better off than others. DOes that make them a better person, no.

You guys are the ones saying I am a liar, that I live off mommy, daddy, and my girlfriend. All cuz I asked a loan question. I thought these forums were for exchanging info and help. Maybe I am wrong. Shame on me, the spoiled, degenerate loser, who is full of it.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Thanks guys. I think I just may hold on to the Liberator another year or so. Sorry if I took the advice poorly last night. It was a long day and its a little frustrating when you cant get the Boat you want.
At least you have a boat!! I sold my new boat in '03 because I wanted to finish the house, and also set a path for me and my wife financially for our later years. I don't realistically think I'll be into another boat for 2-3 more years. Trust me, this is killing me, this is the first time in 35 years I've been without a boat, I don't even know what to do in the summer anymore, I have no idea what the rest of the non-boating world does with their lives in the summer The point is, get yourself on track first, the boat will come eventually and you'll have a greater appreciation for it when it comes. Hang in there
Old 01-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered

You cannot get the banking business to re evaluate the way they have been doing things for years all in one thread. These are the facts. Good credit means the bank will trust you to pay back a loan... Thus, they will loan more money at a lower rate. If your credit "Slips" that means somebody didnt get paid back per the terms agreed... thus, a bank will now loan less money at a higher rate (Look at the rate as the banks risk level). Now if you really havent paid your debts, or, you just haven't borrowed money before... The bank will loan very little money at a high rate. Its never personal... just numbers. I would suggest a credit union or even a sub prime lender at a high rate. Dont miss or be late on any payments, and you will raise your credit, then re-fi and you are exactly where you wanted to be in the first place... In a boat, lower rate, borrowed money. Best of luck to you!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Registered

Im guessing multiple personality syndrome here.. Pay your bills !
Old 01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dahkem1
A lot of what you are telling Mild Thunder is correct, but I didn't see him asking how to fix his credit. He asked if anyone knew any way to get a lower interest loan with his low score. There isn't any way, and he should work on improving his score for the future, but by the replys I've read, it seems that you have all been perfect your whole lives with your credit, and I find that hard to believe.
So instead of tellin him how he could get a lower rate in the future, they should have just said NO - you cant get a low rate with a low score?

I didnt get that people were perfect. I got that people learned how to fix their scores. You might wanna do something about that chip on your shoulder. It will only grow.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
I have no idea what the rest of the non-boating world does with their lives in the summer
Same thing they do during the winter, resort to alcohol and OSO.

Roby

Quick Reply: Loan denied ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.