Anyone in Raleigh/Durham area

Notices

Anyone in Raleigh/Durham area

Old 01-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone in Raleigh/Durham area

Bob, I boat on Kerr twice a summer - Memorial Day and Labor Day. They're not a lot of go-fasts on the lake, but a few. My 35' Cigarette is definately a show stopper on that lake.

I see a lot of posts about Norman, but I've never been there. It's still one of the trips I'd like to make someday. And you're always welcome to come up to Richmond sometime - about 2 1/2 hours towing. Plenty of speedsters around here.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Registered

Pachangalpina, where on Lanier do you boat? We have a home on 2 mile creek between 2 mile and Bethel park.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered

anyone else boat on Lanier?
Old 01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Registered

I am off of Lanier Beach South; it is between the dam and Habersham Marina. I am in Deep Cove Townhome comunity. Look for a red/orange Fountain Fever with Fever on the sides this summer; I am out weekday afternoons alot.

Todd
Old 02-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Registered

Bob-
First I live east of Raleigh and I boat in a 2005 31 CC Fountain (forsale if anyone is interested) and make all the runs I'm going to suggest to you. You are much better off trailering your boat to either Wrightsville Beach via I-40 east approx. 1.5 hrs or east towards Washington, NC your boats birth place! Wrightsville Beach is freaking awesome tons of action with places to eat and tie up all over the place on the ICW, would be my first pick. Next head east to Washington, about 2 hrs. Splash in the Pamlico and head out to Ocracoke for some fun or via the ICW to Morehead City. I make this run all the time, lots of fun and good times. Word to the wise Pamlico Sound can seem more like the Atlantic Ocean at times but worth the stretch if you really want to enjoy your boat and the destination (great day trip). You will not be dissappointed, unless you stay on the local lakes in Raleigh, full of skiers and jet skiis. Not bad mouthing the lakes just for YOUR boat you would be better served to make the trek east. Feel free to reply with additional questions.