Notices

Yup, We're Done.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:26 AM
WickedWon

Default Yup, We're Done.

Received quite a few calls and e-mails lately about what's up with Mary and I, everythings fine but we have decided to step way from Sportboating and Poker Runs. We've met some of our best friends and ton's of great people through boating and OSO and nothing can replace the rush that comes from running beside other boats at speed ( and trying to focus on whats ahead while digging the boat beside ya, especially in a chop !). But after being involved for many years we've lost the "luv" of the sport, in the past the fraternity of Offshore boaters was a small one ( it still is) and regardless of what you had, fast or slow, old or new there was a bond. I've done huge favors for people I hardly knew ( and they for me) over the years because we were all part of that fraternity, the last thing that mattered was who built your boat, quite frankly it was always us against pretty much all other boaters who look at Sportboats with disdain. Today, that's just not the case and without boring you with ton's of examples, I 'll give you one. In the past if you broke at a PR you'd spend your time waving people on that wanted to stop to see if they could help with a tool or a part (and we would do the same). Last year when we broke an intercooler fitting another boat slowed down and did two tight "donuts" around us while they laughed, it's just not the same.

WickedWon was designed to be safe, strong, fun and fast in that order and it's just exactly that. It incorporates everything I've learned about serious Offshore boats over the last twenty years from counter rotating engines to a super quick helm and it has been refined and updated every year as we've learned more. The boats always been stored inside and has never been in saltwater so all componets are like new, the engines and drives have less than three hours on the rebuilds. It's been a labor of love for the Geelhoed brothers at Saber and they will handle it's sale.

Remember, it's all about fun, and we've had plenty, just keep the FUN in it !

Thanks,
Jim & Mary Deitz

Old 01-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yup, We're Done.

Good luck guys! Now where's my damn lottery ticket....
Old 01-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim -

All the best to you !

Hans
Old 01-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that's a bummer Ian and I were just talking about you guys the other day. We still laugh about my docking lesson So does that mean you're selling the boats or just steering clear of the big glitzzy orgainzied runs.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Jim,

WickedWon is a great boat, But what really made it
the best boat out there is the Crew that owns and runs it !!!

You and Mary are and always will be a Class act and a hard
one to follow.

All the best
Cougarman

This guy always has a Smile on His Face too!
I know it's your hobby, always fun to watch
you and Mary in your element!
Attached Thumbnails Yup, We're Done.-p7090015.jpg   Yup, We're Done.-dscf0038.jpg  

Last edited by CougarMan; 01-08-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Jim I seriously hope we see you around, The beautiful laugh filled Sunday afternoons were priceless.

Mary and I hope to see you at the change of watch, You know it is Dan's coming out party

Scott + Mary
Old 01-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thank you for taking the time out of your work day to educate me...good luck in your next hobbey! Tom Byrd
Old 01-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Registered

I'm sorry to hear this Jim. Are you moving up to a cruiser? Any way the lake and Put-In-Bay will always be there waiting.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
I'm sorry to hear this Jim. Are you moving up to a cruiser? Any way the lake and Put-In-Bay will always be there waiting.

Ian "moving up" to a cruiser I am surprised to hear you put it that way
Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Registered

Well size anyway.

Quick Reply: Yup, We're Done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.