Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Powerboat Magazine Teague quote (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95687-new-powerboat-magazine-teague-quote.html)

Vern 02-02-2005 01:41 PM

Re: New Powerboat Magazine Teague quote

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
I bet his unbiased opinion on Teague drives would be just as valueble to buyers. :eek: :eek:

I don't get it? The Midnight Express was running 4 merc verados, why would he be biased towards that over a Cig or Outerlimits?

jtmiller02 02-02-2005 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L
02 I think your right (OPININOATED)

I'm sure the Midnight is a great boat, but I don't see how an objective reviewer would fail to explain the apples to oranges comparison between it and other boats they have tested. You sure won't see that thing passing by your TG at 100+ and you definately won't see a TG chasing down and apprehending Cubans or Drug runners.

Chris L 02-02-2005 01:52 PM

I think, If this is the type of boat the individual is looking for the Midnight Express is ahead of the pack. But no way can one compare it to any other type of boat.

Vern 02-02-2005 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
I'm sure the Midnight is a great boat, but I don't see how an objective reviewer would fail to explain the apples to oranges comparison between it and other boats they have tested. You sure won't see that thing passing by your TG at 100+ and you definately won't see a TG chasing down and apprehending Cubans or Drug runners.

I don't see why it is not apples to apples? Both are V-bottoms, just different propulsion, and no it won't pass your TG at 100, but it might pass your TG at 68 in the rough.

Customs used to use Cig Flat Decks to run down drug runners, so why wouldn't you see them use TGs if they thought they were better?

Dean Ferry 02-02-2005 02:23 PM

Interesting enough, my buddy, designed the hull for that 39' Midnight Express! He has ridden in the boat, said it does handle the rough water very well!
MD

Reed Jensen 02-02-2005 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah... yeah... yeah.... Teague says " yadda yadda yadda".... Consider the source.

Chris288 02-02-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Consider the source.

I wouldn't talk considering those two little words still under your screen name,, your credibility isn't much better these days... :rolleyes: :p :D

BLee 02-02-2005 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vern
Customs used to use Cig Flat Decks to run down drug runners, so why wouldn't you see them use TGs if they thought they were better?

The coast guard, customs, police, etc, need boats that can be boarded and and maneuvered by anyone quickly and easily. Our style performance boats are far from friendly in those areas.

You can also factor in that outboards are far less of a mechanical issue than an I/O. The patrol boats are meant to be durable, practical, reliable, roomy, and agile.

Still an apples to oranges comparison considering the needs of the patrol. :cool:

OldSchool 02-02-2005 04:02 PM

All of you sound like a bunch of "Nit Wits" !!!!!!!! :p :D :D :drink: :evilb:

stecz20 02-02-2005 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
All of you sound like a bunch of "Nit Wits" !!!!!!!! :p :D :D :drink: :evilb:

your a bad man......