Like Tree0Likes

bui

Reply
Old 02-04-2005, 02:46 PM
  #31
Registered
 
Gary864's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Clair County, Mi
My Boats: 99 Phantom 34 ft F2 Classic
Posts: 620
Default Re: bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriYacht
There is no law requiring lights on docks on Lake St. Clair. But because it's shallow, you don't get too close anyway. What really scares me is the boats on the lake that don't have lights on after dark. I try to avoid boating after dark.
Yet 3 people died 2 years ago hitting a Dock (actully went under it) by the Harsen Island Ferry. This dock was Lit and the people hit the dock much like the other story
Gary864 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:48 PM
  #32
Registered
 
fund razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
My Boats: Apache 28 Brave
Posts: 8,170
Default Re: bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyw1
What does removing a registration sticker do? Is there an actual law that you can't have a beer in the boat? I understand driver but what about passenger?

Roby
Passengers are ok. But if they see the skipper hit a beer. It's over. They SAW you drink and drive.

The state boys are the only ones who take the sticker. They are the ones who issue it... they are the ones who take it back. Literally. I imagine that it's mostly symbolic, but it sure works on other drivers!!

Once the skipper drinks. The boat registration is yanked.

The rest of the agencies will let someone else drive the boat home. (If it otherwise passes inspection)
fund razor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:03 PM
  #33
Registered
 
JUSTONCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: tropical Cleveland OH
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 3,284
Default Re: bui

then they stop you again up the chnnel and ticket you for driving without a registration "revenue"

Last edited by JUSTONCE; 02-04-2005 at 03:08 PM.
JUSTONCE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:49 PM
  #34
Registered User
 
BAJA WILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Tampa, Indian Shores Beach
My Boats: Don't even mention the word boat
Posts: 3,300
Default Re: bui

I think this is horrible if its true, however I agree that the blame is unfairly being placed on alchol. We had three deaths here on SML last summer not one involved alchol. SO no alchol, is not going to stop/prevent accidents. I would agree that a dock sticking way out should be marked, also maybe a slower speed (at night)would be the best way to prevent the injuries. I also agree that no one should get smashed and drive anything, chit I try to avoid walking when smashed.

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 02-04-2005 at 06:52 PM.
BAJA WILL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:57 PM
  #35
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: bui

planning speeds only after dark on my lake
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:23 PM
  #36
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor
Passengers are ok. But if they see the skipper hit a beer. It's over. They SAW you drink and drive.

The state boys are the only ones who take the sticker. They are the ones who issue it... they are the ones who take it back. Literally. I imagine that it's mostly symbolic, but it sure works on other drivers!!

Once the skipper drinks. The boat registration is yanked.

The rest of the agencies will let someone else drive the boat home. (If it otherwise passes inspection)
Oh thank god we have big brother to watch out for ourselves ..What would we do without law enforcement and gov agencies to guide us through life and take away privileges when we get out of line ..Im sorry sir heres more of my hard earned income that you already took a chunk of ..
Its Darwinism .. A few will die every once in a while because they were stupid..that will never change ..all DUI is is another infringement on our rights ..you cant do this you cant do that ..You get real drunk and kill some people you go to jail thats all their is to it ..I personally dont need to be condescended too by any official whos salary I pay
Shoddily written PSA's like the one that started this thread may make a few change their minds but I will do what I want when I want and use common sense doing so
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:35 PM
  #37
Registered
 
BonnieOutlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
My Boats: 2000 25' Baja Outlaw
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: bui

I've been reading questions as to whether or not it's true. While I certainly don't know for certain that Jody wrote it, I do know a man named Jody Gerard is in prison for BUI. And it doesn't seem like a long stretch that he would feel compelled to write that if he was dealing with a lot of grief.

Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 163
Birth Date: 09/13/1966
Initial Receipt Date: 01/30/2003
Current Facility: LAWTEY C. I.
Current Classification Status: NOT APPLICABLE
Current Custody: MINIMUM
Current Release Date: 05/19/2007
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliases:
JODY GERARD JODY J GERARD
JODY JAMES GERARD

Identifiers:
FINGERPRINT CLASS - 17PM15CO191519PMCI17

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
05/24/1998 BUI MANSLAUGHTER 01/09/2003 MARION 9803137 5Y 0M 0D

Note: The offense descriptions are truncated and do not necessarily reflect the crime of conviction. Please refer to the court documents or the Florida Statutes for further information or definition.

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/24/1998 BUI MANSLAUGHTER 01/09/2003 MARION 9803137 7Y 0M 0D

Detainers: (Further information may be obtained by contacting the detaining agency)
Detainer Date Agency Type Date Canceled
01/09/2003 MARION CO. P & P NTFY/P&P
Attached Thumbnails
bui-jody-gerard.jpg  
BonnieOutlaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieOutlaw
I've been reading questions as to whether or not it's true. While I certainly don't know for certain that Jody wrote it, I do know a man named Jody Gerard is in prison for BUI. And it doesn't seem like a long stretch that he would feel compelled to write that if he was dealing with a lot of grief.

Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 163
Birth Date: 09/13/1966
Initial Receipt Date: 01/30/2003
Current Facility: LAWTEY C. I.
Current Classification Status: NOT APPLICABLE
Current Custody: MINIMUM
Current Release Date: 05/19/2007
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliases:
JODY GERARD JODY J GERARD
JODY JAMES GERARD

Identifiers:
FINGERPRINT CLASS - 17PM15CO191519PMCI17

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
05/24/1998 BUI MANSLAUGHTER 01/09/2003 MARION 9803137 5Y 0M 0D

Note: The offense descriptions are truncated and do not necessarily reflect the crime of conviction. Please refer to the court documents or the Florida Statutes for further information or definition.

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/24/1998 BUI MANSLAUGHTER 01/09/2003 MARION 9803137 7Y 0M 0D

Detainers: (Further information may be obtained by contacting the detaining agency)
Detainer Date Agency Type Date Canceled
01/09/2003 MARION CO. P & P NTFY/P&P
Wow that guy is 12 days older than me ..realy hit home ...oh except hes somebody's biatch
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:50 PM
  #39
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera1
Oh thank god we have big brother to watch out for ourselves ..What would we do without law enforcement and gov agencies to guide us through life and take away privileges when we get out of line ..Im sorry sir heres more of my hard earned income that you already took a chunk of ..
Its Darwinism .. A few will die every once in a while because they were stupid..that will never change ..all DUI is is another infringement on our rights ..you cant do this you cant do that ..You get real drunk and kill some people you go to jail thats all their is to it ..I personally dont need to be condescended too by any official whos salary I pay
Shoddily written PSA's like the one that started this thread may make a few change their minds but I will do what I want when I want and use common sense doing so
please...please tell us how you really feal, don't sugarcoat it
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:53 PM
  #40
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
please...please tell us how you really feal, don't sugarcoat it
That was a little harsh ..hope i didnt offend anyone ...NOT
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
DollaBill
General Boating Discussion
11
05-05-2008 08:13 PM
OSO News
Offshoreonly Industry News
1
10-05-2007 04:09 PM
Cat man do
General Boating Discussion
5
09-26-2007 03:29 PM
Formula Outlaw
General Boating Discussion
65
02-11-2005 02:40 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.